wsop $1000 no limit hold'em(rebuys)

all i have to say is NOTE TO SELF if i ever go to the WSOP don't play the rebuy tourament, and if you get suckered into pray to god or whoever that DN isn't at your table, cause not only will he out play my arse, he will drive me bananas durning the rebuy period.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else hoping for a Krablar dance during this insanity?
Cd, WTH happened to your avatar? You better not be getting rid of it.
Someone referred to me as "that spider guy" yesterday. Millions of baby crabs screamed in unison then died.Got any suggestions for a new avatar?
Anyone else hoping for a Krablar dance during this insanity?
Cd, WTH happened to your avatar? You better not be getting rid of it.
Someone referred to me as "that spider guy" yesterday. Millions of baby crabs screamed in unison then died.Got any suggestions for a new avatar?
Mmmm, crab legs for dinner.... uh, right.you could try a page from an OB-GYN book difing crabs, I dunno :club:
About 420 rebuys at the hour... I predict about 1100 by the end.
I'm sure you're right. Over a million dollars in rebuys added to the prize pool. Beautiful.
About 420 rebuys at the hour... I predict about 1100 by the end.
I'm sure you're right. Over a million dollars in rebuys added to the prize pool. Beautiful.
Don't forget the double add-ons. This prize pool will be huge.

Man is Daniel a media W_hore or what?I mean this isn't about poker! He's doing this because the media expects him too. There is no advantage for him playing that way. It's all about media attention. It's not good poker it's good TV. Now that the re-buys are over let's see how he does. There doesn't seem to be any chip counts shown but let's see if now that the poker is really starting whether Daniel will last.

Man is Daniel a media W_hore or what?I mean this isn't about poker! He's doing this because the media expects him too. There is no advantage for him playing that way. It's all about media attention. It's not good poker it's good TV. Now that the re-buys are over let's see how he does. There doesn't seem to be any chip counts shown but let's see if now that the poker is really starting whether Daniel will last.
Actually he does it to "let off steam". Read the "fun day" article. I don't have a link, perhaps somebody else could oblige?

Anyone know the total prize pool for the event now that rebuys are done? Gotta be pretty damn high, if you figure the average person put in about $3000 to $3500 total.

Actually he does it to "let off steam". Read the "fun day" article. I don't have a link, perhaps somebody else could oblige?
I'm sure it is fun for him. The media focuses on him on this day. He likes that. He also likes to shove his money in other peoples faces. All I'm saying is that this isn't good poker, he's simply trying to buy a good result in this tourney.
You do realize, Einstein, that he rebought 27 times last year and made the final table, finishing 3rd? And this was before the media decided that his was a good face for poker. Incidentally, how'd you do in your WSOP events this year?

cardplayer.com" 2005-06-08 15:22:00Title: Daniel Negreanu WatchLog: Daniel Negreanu is making use of the chips he accumulated during the rebuy. With a board of 8d-6s-3h-6d, the player in seat 3 makes it $4,225 in chips to go. Negreanu asks for the dealer to count the pot, and she counts out $4,100 in chips. Negreanu thinks for a while, and then decides to call. His opponent shows pocket 9's. "I thought that's what you had." Daniel announces. And then flips over the Ad-3d for bottom pair and a flush draw. An ace, a three, or a diamond will win the hand for Daniel. The river is the 3s, and Daniel busts his opponent, and takes a huge pot."

(from page 2 of this very thread)For some insight into the madness: http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/a...4199&m_id=65543

My goal during the rebuy period was to build a big stack by getting lucky. Well, I'm embarrassed to say that despite all of the rebuys, I was broke by the end of the rebuy period and had to make the maximum add-on just to stay in the tournament. "Yikes, that was kind of stupid. Oh, well, it's time to get serious now!" The one benefit of all of my craziness was that there was now tons of chips at my table. If I played well now, I believed I'd have a good shot at earning a big stack the old-fashioned way, by actually trying to play well!
You do realize, Einstein, that he rebought 27 times last year and made the final table, finishing 3rd? And this was before the media decided that his was a good face for poker. Incidentally, how'd you do in your WSOP events this year?
So? Last year he was playing well. this year not so much. He just won a nice pot thanks to some luck. 13 outs out of 44 cards. We will see how he does from here. But he probably has to make the final table in order to just make a profit.
This strategy totally backfired on him last year.(sw)

Drat... I picked 14 rebuys (+add ons) for DN in that Poker Show contest... Wondering if any FCP'ers picked it dead on?

With roughly $4100 in the pot against Perry DN calls a $4250 all in with a draw? He is getting less than 2 to 1 on his money with at most 14 outs (3 Aces, 9 diamonds and 2 threes) if he knows Perry has 99 (which he said he did). Wonder why he makes this call??

I'm sure it is fun for him. The media focuses on him on this day. He likes that. He also likes to shove his money in other peoples faces. All I'm saying is that this isn't good poker, he's simply trying to buy a good result in this tourney.
Maximizing your edges is the best way to play poker.Stop the clueless hating.
But he probably has to make the final table in order to just make a profit.
Not this year he doesn't. He can bank a top 30 and be in the money I bet.
With roughly $4100 in the pot against Perry DN calls a $4250 all in with a draw? He is getting less than 2 to 1 on his money with at most 14 outs (3 Aces, 9 diamonds and 2 threes) if he knows Perry has 99 (which he said he did). Wonder why he makes this call??
Probably because he can do math. A draw with 14 outs on the flop is a slight favourite to win once all the cards are dealt. The big stack he built during rebuy mania allows him to make those sorts of calls without putting all his chips at risk.
Probably because he can do math. A draw with 14 outs on the flop is a slight favourite to win once all the cards are dealt. The big stack he built during rebuy mania allows him to make those sorts of calls without putting all his chips at risk.
but he made the call on the turn!
I agree, that seems like a weird call to me too. He risked about half his stack on this hand with a flush draw on a paired board. He called a $1500 bet into a $1000 pot on the flop with 12 outs (3:1 odds against) getting less than 2:1 pot odds. Then he calls an all in on the turn when he picks up two more outs with 2:1 pot odds and still only a little better than 3:1 odds of hitting.My only explanation is that he wants to gamble and build a big stack in this tournament to give himself a chance to win it.