Congrats on the win.What (to me) is awesome is the fact that at your young age you responded (to the jerks that gave you a hard time)in a mature way. I can say for sure that 13 years ago when I was your age I would have told everyone how great I was and blah blah blah. You are a man. I hope you do well and continue to act like the professional you appear to be.P.S. - I'm BEGGING you to sock some of that money away for the future. If you knew me you'd know I'm the last person to give financial advice. But I guess the people in the worst position might be able to give the best advice (that you may not need).

invest, save, diversify?He's gonna get a lot taken away for taxes but he still has enough that he could invest wisely enough.$250,000 can turn into a couple million if it's done right, Don't change your lifestyle too much over a quarter of a million it won't last too long ;)He's probobly been told this 50 times in the last 24 hours, but 51 wont hurt :club:

Well, I knew he couldn't retire off it. I just was hoping he wouldn't blow it all this month. Who knows he may win a couple more bracelets this year and never have to worry about money.I just hear about so many pro's going broke and it would be nice if he didn't.

Well, I knew he couldn't retire off it. I just was hoping he wouldn't blow it all this month. Who knows he may win a couple more bracelets this year and never have to worry about money.I just hear about so many pro's going broke and it would be nice if he didn't.
I know of him from when he was a "professional" magic player. He was making thousands at that (probably tens of thousands but hundreds like this score) so him getting a good amount of money hopefully won't make him go crazy.It is VERY nice to see a young guy win and NOT act like Fischman did last year.Zara

another Magic player? Damn. Those guys are doing well.

another Magic player? Damn. Those guys are doing well.
There's a lot of similarity between the two games in terms of analyzing situations and mental games you can play with the opponent. The best people at Magic are quite good at the thinking required to do well in poker as well. From an analytical point, poker is simpler because there are fewer cards and card interactions to deal with too.I got huge laugh reading the cardplayer updates on the first NL event because David Williams (former Magic pro) busted Jon Finkel (one of the best Magic players of all time)Zara
I know of him from when he was a "professional" magic player. He was making thousands at that (probably tens of thousands but hundreds like this score) so him getting a good amount of money hopefully won't make him go crazy.It is VERY nice to see a young guy win and NOT act like Fischman did last year.Zara
Yeah I thought the young guys got flamed because they deserved it... Efro didn't do a thing wrong, I was happy to see a young guy win and not put on a show... Figured it might gain some attention. But I guess people will flame anyone who succeeds and is young :(I wish there was a little more info about him, when he moved from Magic to Poker etc... I quit playing magic when I was 14 and... Started playing poker a few months after.Magic helped me a lot w/ poker, but I guarantee you he would have crushed me even if he left me rig my deck.

Ya, playing magic really does help analytical analysis. A lot of magic players are starting to turn to poker because of the competition and the money(obviously). I'm glad to see these magic pros also making it in the world of poker, congrats Efro!