how to play crazy players

first off i have played a lot of different poker sites and i have won on every site some sites more than others. i dont think im that great of a player but my strategy is just to almost NEVER bluff and just to wait until i have very strong hands and then bet them pretty hard and let weak players call me with weak hands. I have recently begun playing a new site which by far has the worst/craziest players i have EVER seen i mean no joke the players make some plays i would never ever guess could happen in real live poker. i have won a few grand on this site just by playing incredibly tight and waiting for them to make crazy plays. the problem is that when i dont get good hands i cant win at all im wondering what the best way to play a site with such idiots all the time should i only wait for the nuts or is there a better way cuase when i dont get cards i get very very bored and find myself playing a lot of trash hands that im sure is costing me money. i seem to not even pay attention to pot odds or position anymore im just trying to chase lots of bad draws so i can bet big and try to get them to call me what is the best way to play crazy players like this?

all you need to do is bluff them a lot and play more hands...simple really..these are the hardest players to play against though, as their strange way of playing puts a lot of bad beats on you...thats why we two pair should beat trips on the board, it would make it more fair to the good players and easier to beat these players...

all you need to do is bluff them a lot and play more hands...simple really..these are the hardest players to play against though, as their strange way of playing puts a lot of bad beats on you...thats why we two pair should beat trips on the board, it would make it more fair to the good players and easier to beat these players...
oh no...

two pair beats trips...by far the worst idea ever, not to mention the dumbest. wow. i am taken back by the sheer stupidity of it.as far the op, i have faced a similar problem...loosen up your game and study the players that much more. I like to pinpoint who is the resident raiser, the calling station, the bluffer, the tightwad, etc. figure out who is who and dont trap yourself into one of those categories. i usually find that a few well executed traps or slowplays tends to get a little respect. gl

two pair beats trips...by far the worst idea ever, not to mention the dumbest. wow. i am taken back by the sheer stupidity of it.as far the op, i have faced a similar problem...loosen up your game and study the players that much more. I like to pinpoint who is the resident raiser, the calling station, the bluffer, the tightwad, etc. figure out who is who and dont trap yourself into one of those categories. i usually find that a few well executed traps or slowplays tends to get a little respect. gl

The best and (IMO) only way to beat these "crazy" players is to play a tight/aggressive style. Yeah, that means you are going to throw a lot of hands away. You will have to be patient. It will get boring and frustrating. That is the whole point of being a good player. You have the skill, patience and discipline the others dont. You have to keep in mind one very important and critical fact: Most players at the lower limits are not there to make money. They are playing to have fun...get a little rush. To them, making money is just a rare added bonus to the fun of playing poker. You are obviously playing to show a profit. I'm sure you find it fun as well but your main goal is to be a winner. This can only happen if you practice skill, patience and discipline.In addition, most players who makes these plays don't realize how bad of a mistake it is. I know many players who will call all-in raises with a gutshot because they only needed one card to make a straight. I know players who wont let a flush draw go because they "have to" see it to the river. To them, this is a good play. They honestly feel that it is correct and just good poker. The sad part is that a good portion of the time, they will hit the card and win. What you need to do is stay patient and punish the crazies for their foolishness when you have the opportunity. Dont force it, it will come.

i have won a few grand on this site just by playing incredibly tight and waiting for them to make crazy plays. cuase when i dont get cards i get very very bored and find myself playing a lot of trash hands that im sure is costing me money. i seem to not even pay attention to pot odds or position anymore im just trying to chase lots of bad draws so i can bet big and try to get them to call me what is the best way to play crazy players like this?
I thought you said you play extremely tight.Just stick to your game plan. Position is of utmost importance. Make them pay to draw. Yeah they'll hit sometimes, but it happens, that's poker.Oh, and, oh my god Farrell is back! Woohoo, more asinine theories!
first off i have played a lot of different poker sites and i have won on every site some sites more than others. i dont think im that great of a player but my strategy is just to almost NEVER bluff and just to wait until i have very strong hands and then bet them pretty hard and let weak players call me with weak hands. I have recently begun playing a new site which by far has the worst/craziest players i have EVER seen i mean no joke the players make some plays i would never ever guess could happen in real live poker. i have won a few grand on this site just by playing incredibly tight and waiting for them to make crazy plays. the problem is that when i dont get good hands i cant win at all im wondering what the best way to play a site with such idiots all the time should i only wait for the nuts or is there a better way cuase when i dont get cards i get very very bored and find myself playing a lot of trash hands that im sure is costing me money. i seem to not even pay attention to pot odds or position anymore im just trying to chase lots of bad draws so i can bet big and try to get them to call me what is the best way to play crazy players like this?
If you are winning more on the other sites, you should go back to playing there....only play where it is the most profitable for you. What stakes are you playing at? And if you only play high quality hands, you are going to get picked off and bluffed more often, you need to mix up your play a little.
Here's another nuggest of, um...wisdom....from the reincarnated Farrell:"i have a perfect way of fixing the crapshoot that is the wsop. because of the fact that many of the pros have targets on their heads, it is not fair to them with all the people gunning for them. there is an easy solution to helping the pros stay in the tournament by withstanding the bad beats by the fish. they should start with 5 times the amount of chips as everyone else. but may only use the same amount as everyone else starts out with and the rest go into a chip bank in case they need them. they would lose the chip bank after the first six levels and have to pull all their chips out of the chip bank. this would enable us to see more pros at final tables and not have all of the stupid fishy ametuers winning events. it is so boring watching the crappy players at the wsop, i want to see the pros at the tv tables. i bet that tournament directors may adopt this within th e near future with the large size of the fields"Farrell, make sure to go introduce yourself to FoxWoodsPro. You two probably have a lot in common. Excellent ideas is one of them.

First Smash returns from being MIA and then JFarrell rises from the grave.Cool, now all I need are some pictures of naked donkeys and my day is complete!

The best and (IMO) only way to beat these "crazy" players is to play a tight/aggressive style. Yeah, that means you are going to throw a lot of hands away. You will have to be patient. It will get boring and frustrating. That is the whole point of being a good player. You have the skill, patience and discipline the others dont. You have to keep in mind one very important and critical fact: Most players at the lower limits are not there to make money. They are playing to have fun...get a little rush. To them, making money is just a rare added bonus to the fun of playing poker. You are obviously playing to show a profit. I'm sure you find it fun as well but your main goal is to be a winner. This can only happen if you practice skill, patience and discipline.In addition, most players who makes these plays don't realize how bad of a mistake it is. I know many players who will call all-in raises with a gutshot because they only needed one card to make a straight. I know players who wont let a flush draw go because they "have to" see it to the river. To them, this is a good play. They honestly feel that it is correct and just good poker. The sad part is that a good portion of the time, they will hit the card and win. What you need to do is stay patient and punish the crazies for their foolishness when you have the opportunity. Dont force it, it will come.
Exactly. Patience, Patience, Patience. Remember it's not how many pots you win. It's how many you don't lose. If you get bored while playing. Try reading some FCP post as you play.Orville
Just when you thought it was safe to go in the water again...
Just when you thought it was safe to go in the water again...
naaah. it cant be.. Must be someone haveing a good laugh

To play against the LAGs do what you have been doing. Raise when you have the goods, and if they are impossible to move off a hand, don't try to bluff. I'm just curious, what limits are you playing at?If they are LAGs but good players and not just calling stations, you could try to reraise if you feel they have nothing. But if they are just the type of players that call/raise everything to the river don't bother.This same topic was posted a few days ago and akishore has some good advice to stay away from drawing hangs like A-x suited especially out of position. These draws when they do hit will be VERY profitable, but they will also be very expensive and there could be alot of variance.Stick to the big cards, and low PP that are easy to get rid of if you don't flop a set.The most important thing could be to make sure you are sitting to the left of the big raiser/table captain.

You sound alot like a typical low limit rock, if you can't beat a game with a bunch of calling stations....empty out your accounts turn off your monitor, and sell your computer. Use the proceeds of said sale to buy some golf clubs...then you will truly understand frustration...plus you'll get some sun. There you go, all the same things you get with LL HE(frustration, not knowing how to play correctly) you can get with golf without the complete lack of social interaction and a nice tan to boot. Instead of wasting our collective time with another stupid post about player "XYZ" is up "several grand", yet can't beat a .5/1 fish tank. Use the search feature, it will save you from smartass comments like this.

My buddy was actually at a table where one guy had Aces & Fives, and the other guy had Tens & Nines. The guy with Tens & Nines said chop chop we both have two pair. When the whole table told him he was a bung whole, he made them call the floor over. When the floor told him ahhh no you loose, he told the floorman he was full of it. He said to the floorman I am going to get my rule book from the car. A few minutes later he returned collected his chips and left.