shaq needed kobe, period

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it- Robert Horry is like Nate Dogg. Every song he lends his voice to is a hit. Robert Horry is the same way.
LOL. So true. "Regulators" is the best Nate Dogg song.
How many teams has Shaq been on that haven't made the playoffs?
Shaq has had another all star player "leading" the way every team he has been on...with orlando he had hardaway (who was argueable the best player then)with lakers he had kobe (the lakers werent really playoff contenders until kobe got better)with miami he has wade What happened without wade in game 6? they got absolutely torn apart.B/c shaq is so big he is good and a usual 20/10 player...but he cant really shut down anybody anymore, nobodies really afraid to drive on him anymore... wade is the true star on that team
shut upimmediately
Shaq has had another all star player "leading" the way every team he has been on...with orlando he had hardaway (who was argueable the best player then)with lakers he had kobe (the lakers werent really playoff contenders until kobe got better)with miami he has wade What happened without wade in game 6? they got absolutely torn apart.B/c shaq is so big he is good and a usual 20/10 player...but he cant really shut down anybody anymore, nobodies really afraid to drive on him anymore... wade is the true star on that team
Yes, at his overripe age and while injured, Shaq is a 20/10 player. In his prime, he was a 29/13 player on almost 60% shooting. But hardaway was totally the best player on that team :-PAnd Kobe's supporting cast this year was underrated. Shaq, Odom, Grant, Atkins and Butler would have made the playoffs.
back in shaqs prime he was good yes..still got torched by Hakeem in the finals with orlando...
shut upimmediately
why b/c im right? Penny hardaway was supposed to be the second coming of jordan...then he just fell apart once he left
Hahahahahahahahahaha. Shaq's out!!!!!! And I'm a happy camper. Wade was hurt and couldn't perform at his best,...........and that's why miami did not advance. I predicted this before the playoffs started. And you can check my archives on this site. Bottom line is shaq needs a star guard/foward or he'll never get another ring. Wade is a very good player. And I believe he carried the team just as much as Shaq did. And so did Kobe when he was with the Lakers.
kobe carried the lakers as much as shaq? whens the last time a team with shaq missed the playoffs?

I just think many are underestimating how hurt Shaq was as well. He really banged up his leg when Jermaine O'Neal slammed into it. It's disappointing that he couldn't raise up in game 6 without Wade, but that just happened because Detroit is too good a team to play against short-handed. If Shaq and Wade stay healthy, games 6 and 7 (if necessary) would have been great. Without even one of them, Detroit is too good. With both at half strength, Detroit is too good.

Ice,I'm glad you were good in HS. I was as well. I'm 8th in Illinois State History in 3pt's made for career. I averaged over 20/ppg for 3 years and scored nearly 1,800 pts in my career with a couple of Hon. Mention State's in there as well. I did not score 43 in a game (very nice by the way), but I did score 42 (9-11 3's) in the first varsity game I started (1st game of my Soph. year). Obviously we were both good, but that's really neither here nor there. I didnt respond to tell you I's good cuz I'm sure you don't care. But here is my reasoning on why Wallace is a superstar...........Yes he averaged roughly 10 points a game, but as good as Iverson, Kobe, etc., I think he is equally as good on defense as those guys are on offense . He can't carry a team offensively obviously, but I think he can carry a team for games defensively, which is just as important I think. His free throws are god damn brutal though, which would straight kill me if I was a fan of the Pistons like you are. Gladly, I'm a bulls fan!! :club: Well anyway, I enjoyed the back and forth with you about Ben Wallace. We can just agree to disagree I suppose. If you don't like him, I suggest trading him to the Bulls for say, Antonio Davis. Now there's a bum. :x Peace.......SK

Yes, at his overripe age and while injured, Shaq is a 20/10 player. In his prime, he was a 29/13 player on almost 60% shooting. But hardaway was totally the best player on that team :-PAnd Kobe's supporting cast this year was underrated. Shaq, Odom, Grant, Atkins and Butler would have made the playoffs.
back in shaqs prime he was good yes..still got torched by Hakeem in the finals with orlando...
I might be mistaken, but I believe that was either Shaq's rookie or 2nd year in the league. I guess it's pretty embarassing to take an expansion team to the Finals so early in your career and lose to a potential dynasty and one of the five greatest centers of all time. Don't even try to argue if Shaq or Hakeem was the better player. Shaq was a far superior player, unfortunately they met in the Finals when Shaq was a baby and Hakeem was in his prime.

:roll: I just can't believe all this arguement about dumbazz NBA loserball........Can't you guys find a live poker game to get into.....!!

are we all watching the same sport here? You people who are saying Shaq needs Kobe more than Kobe needs Shaq and those who say Wade is the real star on the team, are out of your mind. When Shaq's career comes to a close he'll easily be one of the top 5 greatest players of all time (if not already). There's a reason why he's called the "MDP". There's no doubt that Kobe is a superstar in this league but he is so not a team player. The stats will say Kobe and Wade did alot more on the court (in terms of scoring) but when it comes down to it, the game starts in the middle. Shaq makes the game easier for every single one of his teammates, whether defensively with his presence or getting his teammates open shots on the offensive end because he demands double (sometimes triple) teams. When Kobe can make his teammates better then he might have a shot at being one of the truly great ones like (Magic,Michael,Larry etc.) but until then he's just another good scorer. Yeah you'd probably choose Kobe over Shaq if you were down 2 or 3 with less than a second on the clock but Shaq is the man you want to build your team around, period.My 2 cents.

SiLi, i agree. I would want Kobe with 3 seconds left and down by 2. I would also want him instead of shaq when we're down by 8 with 1:30 remaining. Shaq seems to give up at these monents. Its Kobe or Wade that keeps the team going when things get tough

Kobe/ Wade over Shaq?? Are all these people drunk??? This shit blows my mind. Kobe is not shit until he can at least shoot 47% or better in ONE SEASON of his career. You could have plugged in 10 other players with shaq and that team and the result would have been the same. Kobe is so overrated it is sickening. What clowns these Kobe/Wade over Shaq people are..............

SiLi, i agree. I would want Kobe with 3 seconds left and down by 2. I would also want him instead of shaq when we're down by 8 with 1:30 remaining. Shaq seems to give up at these monents. Its Kobe or Wade that keeps the team going when things get tough
It's not that Shaq gives up here. It's that his teammates forget to give him the ball. This game 7 was a perfect example. The man just scored 4 or 5 buckets in a row but Damon Jones tries to create his own shot and comes up with nothing and turns the ball over. The TNT crew (Magic,Kenny,Charles) had it right when they were screaming over how the Heat failed to get the ball into Shaq. This was actually a repeat of what happened last year when Shaq tore up the Pistons in that series but Kobe tried to take over the game in the closing minutes. With Shaq you're getting a much higher percentage shot, and when he doesn't have a good spot/shot available he is willing to defer to his teammates. The same can't be said with Kobe because anyone who has followed his career sees that late in the game Kobe really tries to force his shots and almost never finds the open man. No teamplay whatsoever, just run down the court and hoist up a 3 to hopefully create a Jordanesk moment.So in the words of Charles Barkley, "I may be wrong, but I doubt it"

I like Shaq a million times more than Kobe, but in all fairness, there is a good reason why Shaq disappears on offence/doesn't get the ball from teammates at the late stages of a close game. His free throw shooting makes him a liability. Shaq can make a contribution by playing good defence, grabbing rebounds and making his putbacks, but he can't take over the late stages of a game. All that being said, he's still the most important player on the court for the first 44 minutes, so I'd still take him on my team.

I watched shaq for 8 seasons. I don't just 'say" things. Kobe is the star. Wade is going to be one also.Shaq is the biggest, most dominant center ever! But he also has a big Mouth and he doeasn't know when to close it. He's not with the Lakers because he was talking trash to Jerry Buss about his extention before the 2004 season. He even "fronted" Mr. Buss out in an exhibition game before the 2004 season in front of all the staple center fans. He makes a slam dunk, Then he glares at Jerry Buss and says "Pay Me!!!" What a little kid!!!!! You don't do that to the man that pays you!! Most everyone knows that.Kobe gets charged with rape and is going through the worst time of his life and Shaq tells the media that as far as he is concerned, "The whole team is here. Fish is here, foxys' here, garys' here and malone is here. The whole team is here" Sounds like a team player to me.He's not in LA cause of his own doing. Not cause of Kobe. Instead of talking things out with Kobe, he would use the media to express how he felt. That's a little child and not a grown man. Kobe never lashed out against shaq publically until shaq made the comment about "the whole team being there". In8 years he never lashed out!!!!!!Shaq is the punk, not Kobe.Shaq has lost a step in his game. And I think he was on a mission this year to slam Kobe by winning a ring without him. This was his best shot. And I don't see him winning again unless he has a "Dominant Big Man" backing him up. Like the Duncan/Robinson situation

wow i love how all the gay heat fans have to come up with excuses that players were hurt. the bottom line is that the pistons always find a way to win when they need to end of story the pistons are clearly a better TEAM

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Shaq's out!!!!!! And I'm a happy camper. Wade was hurt and couldn't perform at his best,...........and that's why miami did not advance. I predicted this before the playoffs started. And you can check my archives on this site. Bottom line is shaq needs a star guard/foward or he'll never get another ring. Wade is a very good player. And I believe he carried the team just as much as Shaq did. And so did Kobe when he was with the Lakers.
You predicted Wade would get hurt to which would lead to the Miami Heat's downfall? Would it be safe to assume that if he wasn't hurt that they would have taken one of those final two games he wasn't 100 percent or no percent at all for? Shaq needing Kobe is a funny thing to say considering what the Lakers did this year. I think you got that mixed up. Here you basically consider Wade, Kobe's equal(In my opinion he is just as good as Kobe, except Wade is far more mature). So I don't understand your point. It sounds like you're Lakers fan looking for any reason to bust Shaq up. You'd take Shaq back if you could or if you knew what was good for your team. The Heat doesn't need another star player. They got everything. They just ran into some bad luck with a key injury. You even said so yourself. What Kobe needs is a lobotomy and the second coming of Shaq or he'll never get another ring. That sounds more like it, don't ya think?

Hey, hooha. Your right. If we could have shaq back, I would want him back in a second!! I'm not saying Shaq Sucks!!!Please, read my other posts on this thread, i'm tired of going over it.Then, if you disagree with what i said, let's handle it one by one.

wow i love how all the gay heat fans have to come up with excuses that players were hurt. the bottom line is that the pistons always find a way to win when they need to end of story the pistons are clearly a better TEAM
Yeah, because being a heat fan totally makes you gay, and having two of the three best players left in the playoffs hurt to a clearly debilitating extent didn't change the outcome one bit. FYI, any time you start a post by calling the other side "gay" you look really, really stupid.