go pistons!!!!!

Hell Yeah, No one Thought they would beat Miami, but here they are again!!One thing that pissed me off was the comentating.. GOSH marv albert is an idiot..Every time Miami did something good he would scream GO MIAMI, or Duane Wade has to be in so much pain, He's SOOOO Good for playing through his injury, or Shaq has a Brusied Thigh... Who Cares..Anytime Detroit did something good, no love...Anyway, Go Detroit!!

Post this in the off-topic next time.BTW, I know injuries are part of the game, but if you think Shaq's and Wade's injuries had no effect on this series, you're crazy.
**** you; Pistons rule. And don't give me that "Wade and Shaq were hurt" crap. How obvious does it have to be that Stern was putting in a few important pre-game phone calls, and threatening the families of the refs if Miami didn't win? The officiating in games 5 and 7 was reminiscent of the old Dick Bavetta Pacers v. Knicks garbage. Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Pistons rule Ice
And don't give me that "Wade and Shaq were hurt" crap. How obvious does it have to be that Stern was putting in a few important pre-game phone calls, and threatening the families of the refs if Miami didn't win? The officiating in games 5 and 7 was reminiscent of the old Dick Bavetta Pacers v. Knicks garbage. Ice
I agree the Pistons are good. I'm just stating a fact.You're not serious about those ref comments are you? After all the PISTONS won game 7 and the series.
Post this in the off-topic next time.BTW, I know injuries are part of the game, but if you think Shaq's and Wade's injuries had no effect on this series, you're crazy.
Even if they were healthy the Pistons would've still beaten them, but regardless, if they were healthy, you would've come up with other excuses. Injuries are part of the game, Rip was hurt McDyess hurt himself tonight, Prince wasn't playing all that well in the early part but the Pistons pulled it out since they are the best starting 5 and the best complete TEAM in the East and hopefully in the NBA once again.

Well, I'm certainly glad that the Pistons won.But the refs weren't helping Miami or helping Detroit. The refs in the NBA are just horrible. I think they set the record for most offensive fouls called in a three minute span on Saturday.Dwyane Wade is sick, by the way.Anyhoo, go Detroit.Peace,Jay

Really would have liked to see Wade healthy or the games called fair.But congrats to the Pistons... definitely a good series.Spurs in 6.

Please , anyone that says the injuries wouldn't have made a difference is just being ignorant. To compare Shaq and Wade's worth to their team and Rip/McDyess is irrelevant. You take away Shaq and Wade and the Heat are the worst team in the League probably. You take away Rip and Mcdyess and Detroit is still easily a playoff team. Injuries are a part of the game and there's no excuses but the injuries obviously played a part here.

Another boring NBA Finals that I will not watch. No scoring and half court basketball YUCK...65-63 games dont really do it for me. Two boring teams...the NBA needs to be fixed in a hurry...

pistons get no respect. It's ridiculous that hamilton and billups didnt make tha all star team this year. pistons are the champs man!! Give em their props yo'!!I'm especially glad for Dice. The pistons went out on a limb and put their faith in him . I'm so glad for him.The Rage :twisted:

But the refs weren't helping Miami or helping Detroit. The refs in the NBA are just horrible. I think they set the record for most offensive fouls called in a three minute span on Saturday.
Cant agrue with that. The refs in the NBA are just way too inconsistant.
Even if they were healthy the Pistons would've still beaten them, but regardless, if they were healthy, you would've come up with other excuses. Injuries are part of the game, Rip was hurt McDyess hurt himself tonight, Prince wasn't playing all that well in the early part but the Pistons pulled it out since they are the best starting 5 and the best complete TEAM in the East and hopefully in the NBA once again.
I'm not a Heat fan (I'm actually a Rockets fan), but in general I'm a NBA junkie. I'm not saying the Pistons arent deserving and I stated that injuries are a part of the game. But do you really think the Heats injuries were not extremely worse than the Pistons? The Pistons had no significant injuries. The Heat had Shaq injured the whole series, and Wade (the Heats best player) was injured so bad in game 5 he DID NOT EVEN PLAY game 6. I'm not saying the Heat would win without the injures, but to say those type of injuries had no effect is crazy from a basketball standpoint.
Another boring NBA Finals that I will not watch. No scoring and half court basketball YUCK...65-63 games dont really do it for me. Two boring teams...the NBA needs to be fixed in a hurry...
Yeah, personally, any defense in basketball is bad, we need to have 200-180 games, that'd be really fun to watch. If you don't appreciate the complete game of basketball, you're not a true fan.
The Heat had Shaq injured the whole series, and Wade (the Heats best player) was injured so bad in game 5 he DID NOT EVEN PLAY game 6.
Shaq scored what, 23 points per game? Exactly what he averaged last year in the finals, didn't seem to hinder him much. As for Wade, he missed game 6 because they were PLAYING for game 7, they didn't even want to win game 6 and it was evident. The Pistons are just a better team. period.
censored you; Pistons rule. And don't give me that "Wade and Shaq were hurt" crap. How obvious does it have to be that Stern was putting in a few important pre-game phone calls, and threatening the families of the refs if Miami didn't win? The officiating in games 5 and 7 was reminiscent of the old Dick Bavetta Pacers v. Knicks garbage. Ice
I always thought his name was Knick Bavetta?Tonight showed why the Pistons are the returning champs. And why they are probably going to hand San Antonio their arses. Though San Antonio is really tough this year. should be a hell of a finalsoh yeah, and that off topic thing......you should post there OP
congrats to Detroit. It is just too bad that they will never get past San Antonio! But at least they will make 2nd place. Good accomplishment!
start cuing up the "We would've won if Duncan's ankles were healthy! posts!

I think the finals this year will be great. Both team are deep and play great team ball. I think series will go 7 games. Normally with teams this closely matched I pick the team with the best player (which would be the Spurs with Duncan), but I'm not really sure how healthy Duncan is and the Pistons have enough depth at the forward position to pound on Duncan the whole game. I'm stil gonna side with Spurs in 7 though because Ginobli is playing out of his mind right now.

Well, I'm certainly glad that the Pistons won.But the refs weren't helping Miami or helping Detroit. The refs in the NBA are just horrible. I think they set the record for most offensive fouls called in a three minute span on Saturday.
the reffing was ridiculous.pistons had only 5 foul shots i thnkmiami had over 10 sorry i dont remember the exact numbers, but there was definetly a home court advantage in that part of the game.was pretty crazy how 7 games came down to the last 1:30 o yeah, one more thing.GO PISTONSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Heat had Shaq injured the whole series, and Wade (the Heats best player) was injured so bad in game 5 he DID NOT EVEN PLAY game 6.
Shaq scored what, 23 points per game? Exactly what he averaged last year in the finals, didn't seem to hinder him much. As for Wade, he missed game 6 because they were PLAYING for game 7, they didn't even want to win game 6 and it was evident. The Pistons are just a better team. period.
if you know the game, you should know it's not about numbers. Anyone can put up numbers in the League, but playing well is something different. Shaq is always going to get his points, but it's a matter of how efficient he is getting them. Just because somebody drops 30 doesn't mean they play well. I'm not saying Detroit is or isn't a better team, but the Heat were not at 100% and the outcome may have been different if they were. Personally, I don't think they get by San Antonio, at least not if they play as well as they did against Phoenix, they showed they were clearly the best team in the League from that series.
Yeah, personally, any defense in basketball is bad, we need to have 200-180 games, that'd be really fun to watch. If you don't appreciate the complete game of basketball, you're not a true fan.
Obviously u did not stay up late to watch the western conference games this season, that is true basketball. Suns, Mavs, scoring at will. I am just not a big fan of all out defense and this is what the Pistons and Spurs do so therefore it will be a boring series for me to watch. If you tell me that the Pistons were more fun to watch than the Suns were then you dont appreciate what basketball should be all about, you are not a true fan.
congrats to Detroit. It is just too bad that they will never get past San Antonio! But at least they will make 2nd place. Good accomplishment!
start cuing up the "We would've won if Duncan's ankles were healthy! posts!
:roll: really, the disrespect angle is so tired....anyways I am a huge heat fan so naturally I am despondent right now.....UGH.My take is basically this: of course the injuries had an effect. It was the Heat's two best players by a long shot and wade in particular had a ton of success against detroit in this series.However, I am completely unable to use this as an excuse....luck is part of the game just like poker. Besides, the heat had a 6 point lead in the 4th quarter with several chances to put it away. Injuries or no, you have to close at home in that position. Having home court advantage should lessen the injury burden and miami had its chances. Detroit was just a bit more poised and a bit more fundamentally sound at the end....as you would expect of a champion.Detroit will have to play better to beat san antonio....they did get a break with wade getting hurt...but such is life....good luck pistons and see you next year.

I'll chime in, it'll be fun to get flamed over god damned NBA basketball.Maybe I'm just too big of a basketball fan compared to most (because I'm from Indiana?), but I think this finals is going to be awesome basketball. Do you guys like college ball? If you do, then how can you not like this series? They are two of the very few teams in the NBA that emphasize defense like it is emphasized in college. They are truly two of the best 'team' teams in the NBA (you'll notice I don't give them exclusive rights to any of these titles, because I think the Pacers are up there in both defense and the team aspect <-- be sure to flame me for this).This series is going to be fun as hell for me, since I actually like basketball. I'm sorry for you people who prefer each team to just wait until it's their turn to have the ball again. Kinda like people who don't listen, they just wait for their turn to talk. Pistons, I have love for you, even as a Pacer's fan (or because I'm a Pacer's fan) after your series with us, and because you have Reggie Junior on your team. Plus, it could be nice to say "the Pacer's were beaten by the team that won it all." If you had lost to Miami, I would be saying, "Christ, WE coulda done that."