I just finished a sit n go and am fairly pleased with the outcome. Durring the bubble I played aggressive with an average stack and built my way up to 4,500 in chips from 2,000. The two smaller stacks that were trying to squeek into the money were soon irrelivant. when one busted the other was left with 600 in chips. So, its down to the last two. I have 4,500 in chips and the other guy has something around 9,000. He was playing real tight so I raised a bunch before the flop. I would go all in with any pair and any big hand like AK or AQ. Any "20" I would raise and most of the time get a fold. I built my stack up to 5,400 then lost a big pot to the guy. I was knocked down to about 4,000. I pick up a few pots and am at 4,500 when I pick up pocket twos. I move all in and am called by Q9s. The flop comes down Q high and I am knocked out in second. Was that dumb? With the guy folding so much I could have just raised and folded, but I like to make the final two go by quick, I go all in quite a bit. What's yalls take on my strategy?

quick or not.. if you want the money, take the time. No use putting yourself at risk of not cashing if you're that close. Raise, and if they fold, great, if not.. hope to flop a set. I like to make the money no matter how many chips i have in front of me. Then once im gauranteed at least my buyin + a few dollars.. ill get buck wild

quick or not.. if you want the money, take the time. No use putting yourself at risk of not cashing if you're that close. Raise, and if they fold, great, if not.. hope to flop a set. I like to make the money no matter how many chips i have in front of me. Then once im gauranteed at least my buyin + a few dollars.. ill get buck wild
It as down to the last two people. I was already in the money.

The blinds werent big enough to concider the tournament a race at that point. I think they were at 100/200...Next time the blinds went up I would have been short stacked. I like to have the lead when it's down to the last two, I almost always win in that situation.

I play a lot of SNGs at pokerstars and going in all-in with 2's would be reasonable. Unless he has a pair, you're a slight favorite against almost anything.That was actually a tough call on his part as you could easily have had A or K and he'd be much further behind. Then there was the guy who called my all-in with 89 unsuited only a few hands after we were the final 2. We were about even in chips and I won that one. Guess he had to be somewhere!

I pick up a few pots and am at 4,500 when I pick up pocket twos. I move all in and am called by Q9s. The flop comes down Q high and I am knocked out in second. Was that dumb? With the guy folding so much I could have just raised and folded, but I like to make the final two go by quick, I go all in quite a bit. What's yalls take on my strategy?
Pocket 2's are not good, your opponent (unless he's got 2-3) automatically has two overcards which puts you in a race situation (about 52% to win). If he's got 3's or better, you are a dog (I don't know the odds but I know they're bad).So, Yeah, I think I'd just call here with 22 and if I hit a set I can maybe bust the guy if the flop comes 2 Q x or better yet 2 Q Q
I see what you mean...But I really dont mind a coin flip once its down to the last two people. Is that so bad? honestly....?
If you think your opponent is better and you need luck to win, then no, that's not so bad. Me, personally, I like to think I can beat anyone heads up, and so I will put my hope in my ability to play good poker, not my ability to get lucky at the right time.
I see what you mean...But I really dont mind a coin flip once its down to the last two people. Is that so bad? honestly....?
This means that you do not believe that you can outplay your opponent and are willing to leave it up to the flip of a coin.If he calls you in this situation, you need to realize that, at best, it is a coinflip situation. The alternative is that you are a huge dog to his higher pair.
 I like to make the final two go by quick, I go all in quite a bit. What's yalls take on my strategy?
If you believe that you can win this tournament (and you shoudn't have entered it unless you do), then you should take your time and play quality poker.If the blinds are not dangerously high, the strategy of frequently going all-in gives your opponent total control of you.He simply folds his mediocre hands, waits for something of quality, and allows you to overplay your cards once more. In these situations, you would win numerous little pots, until he finally gets some cards and immediately takes your whole stack.Point--> Never rush. And always mix up your play. Never use the same strategy for too long. Especially head's up. And especially with a poor strategy such as this.--cnm

Was that dumb? Yup.Even 66 would have been about 1000 times better, allthough it would have worked out the same.You're a slight underdog to suited overcards I think, I'm too lazy to look it up, but you're never much of a favorite with 22 and you're often crushed.

i dont think pushing 22 all in here is the wisest... as you said you had been raising his blind a lot and (assuming your opponent was competent) he is bound to notice this strategy and wait for a decent hand to catch u stealing his blind... raising here is fine but all in is not the play IMO wait for a bigger hand to push as he will start to call with weaker hands (i.e. q9s) u know ur the man lemme know what u think (also what was the buy in of sng)

If you think your opponent is better and you need luck to win, then no, that's not so bad. Me, personally, I like to think I can beat anyone heads up, and so I will put my hope in my ability to play good poker, not my ability to get lucky at the right time.
It's not that I think he was better, honestly I felt I was ahead of him talent-wise. The reason I was trying to race was:1) He had twice as many chips.2) If I doubled up I almost automatically would win.But I guess 22 isn't the best hand to push with, I probably could have outplayed him.Yeah brewzer33, I know...I'm a maniac. :oops: