daniel n. to take on "neverwin" in a $500,000 matc

Hey Daniel,Is this going to actually materialize? I saw Neverwin talking about this a little while ago. That would be one hell of a heads up match!!! I'd love to see you bust his arrogant ass. He is a absolute maniac. He shovels his chips into the pot as quick as they can go in. Hes like a mini Stu Ungar. Anyways, here was the convo:The convo: neverwin: whats playing at wynn tomorrow night? twin-caracas: i heard all kind of games neverwin: how do we get a room there neverwin: im going to play daniel for 500k there, i should be able to get a room twin-caracas: tomorrow well talk to someone there , i have a name of a person we should talk to there twin-caracas: are u? neverwin: oh nice neverwin: yeah twin-caracas: u going to play daniel? neverwin: yes neverwin: i need to raise a little bit more money neverwin: heads up limit holdem of course twin-caracas: ill give u 10k neverwin: lol twin-caracas: small 2% neverwin: i need to increments of 50 neverwin: i put in 200 neverwin: have 4 people with 50 neverwin: need 2 more twin-caracas: ill bring only 80k twin-caracas: so i cant neverwin: thanks for the confidence though neverwin: this game is so easy neverwin: how can u lose here twin-caracas: i trust ur game 50k ayway i just wont bring that money twin-caracas: i dont neverwin: i do online money np twin-caracas: my roll online is 110k only i cashed out but let me talk to takeover maybe well take those 50 together neverwin: takeover, that would be funnyI hear he is going to be talking to Joe Cassidy to get a scouting report on you, just to give you heads up.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

neverwin: this game is so easyneverwin: how can u lose here
This guy is just going to run over DN, and I mean run! (sw times a billion +1)
anyone go to the website and see the story about the guy that continuously builds his bankroll up to 10-20K and then blows it on UB's big games.  There were some pretty good stories there, check it out if u are boredhttp://www.neverwinpoker.com/phpnuke/html/...opic&t=2458
doesn't he post as "neverheeb" or something like that? where's windom at in MN?
Playing shorthanded means that he will be better suited for heads up play though.  Lets see neverwin challenge Broksi.
I was just stating the fact that he usually won't be playing a full ring game at the higher limit games on UB and Stars, just shorthanded games.

correct me if im wrong but I thought DN was planning to be playing BG during the wsop. think I would be more focused on BG rather than this guy. arent they supposed to play a total of 10 matches?

I really doubt DN is worrying about neverwin at all. Neverwin is probably his least challenging opponent yet. Greenstein is the one to look out for. As much of a censored that guy is, he certainly can play.

I really doubt DN is worrying about neverwin at all.  Neverwin is probably his least challenging opponent yet.  
Apparently Neverwin has done quite well against Cassidy headsup and Negreanu said that he (cassidy) was a really tough opponent.

I think Daniel has two huge advantages here, among others:1) He is comfortable playing poker for $500,000. Neverwin is getting a group of investors approaching a half dozen to play this event and putting up $200k of his own bankroll. Quite frankly he can't afford to lose and we all know what that does to your poker game.2) He has a significant experience advantage. Both at poker in general and at ultra high stakes poker. Neverwin MAY have a slight edge in terms of heads-up experience but Daniel seems to feel that he's shaken the rust of that part of his game so I wouldn't worry about it.Neverwin is not going to be one of Daniel's toughest opponents. I'd say that Daniel has the edge in this match.

I think neverwin is making a mistake in playing DN. At best the guy could think it's a coinflip, so why would he play a coinflip so high above his means?I'm really surprised DN is getting so many takers for this challenge. Are there really that many players out there that think they have an edge here? Or possibly more to the point, who are these people staking the challengers?

Why would neverwin play him for $500k? If he needs more money to play for that much, shouldn't he just back off and play for $100k-$200k?
My guess is that he figures himself to be a bigger favorite that he really is.
Why would neverwin play him for $500k? If he needs more money to play for that much, shouldn't he just back off and play for $100k-$200k?
In case you haven't noticed poker players have HUGE egos and none of them think they can lose. Also your post speaks of good money management another trait missing from the vast majority of poker players.
I think neverwin is making a mistake in playing DN. At best the guy could think it's a coinflip, so why would he play a coinflip so high above his means?I'm really surprised DN is getting so many takers for this challenge. Are there really that many players out there that think they have an edge here? Or possibly more to the point, who are these people staking the challengers?
If neverwin wins, then he gains a ton of publicity. If he gains a ton of publicity, he may get some endorsement deals. If he gets endorsement deals, he can make a crap load of money without relying on the fluctuation in poker. I don't think he'll win, but it could be huge for his life if he did.

you guys underestimate neverwin. from what ive read keller wont even play him heads up anymore on UB in limit hold em. everytime i watch him on stars he is crushing the short handed games. if i had 20k to spare i would get in on the deal.

Neverwin is an absolutely incredible shorthanded and HU hold 'em player. If you have never watched him on UB or PS, you are missing out. I think Daniel has to be a dog against him. I would pay $$$ to watch this HU match.