Excuse my lack of knowledge, this is my first time playing poker outside of home games.In online tournaments, what does "NL Holdem $20 + $2" mean?  I assume that $20 is the buyin, but what is the 2?  Also, could someone explain what sit + go and freeroll is?
1. The $2.00 is the money that the online site gets, the $20.00 goes into the prize pool. So it costs you $22.00 to play.2. A sit-n-go is simply a single table tournament, no more than 10 people.3. A freeroll is when you don't have to pay any money to play, like by using some kind of bonus points you accumulate at some sites, or as a sign up bonus, or whatever the reason is. You play for free but can make money if you place high enough.
2.  A sit-n-go is simply a single table tournament, no more than 10 people.
A SNG can really be any amount with any number of players (3 or 4 tables even). Its just a tourny that starts when the preset number of people sit at the table.

A SNG can really be any amount with any number of players (3 or 4 tables even). Its just a tourny that starts when the preset number of people sit at the table.I guess that's theorhetically true, but 99.9999999999% of the time anyons saying Sit and Go means a single table tournment. They say multi or MTT for more than one table.

Guest XXEddie

Heres the difference....sit n go's (for most sites) are avalible 24/7...Pacific has 10 and 20 players SNG's, which start whenever eavery seat has been taken. MTT touneys are tournaments that are made in advance and have a certain amount of time for all players to register.