Good "Luck" Bahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

As a poker player, I hate to tell another player "good luck". I don't believe in "luck". I believe in cutting down the luck as much as possible in order to allow "skill" to prevail. So I have a Challenge to all FCPers!!!!!!Let's make a phrase that replaces "good luck" when we wish each other well at the tables.Any Ideas?

Are you lucky if you walk out the door and you don't fall and break your neck?Are you lucky if you get in your car and drive safe to work?What is ....IS.... what will be... bees... :club: Whatever you get as your starting cards might be up to the force... but after that its up to your skill. Luck Shmuck...I agree with ya Diabolical.. but I don't mind the good luck wishing.. and what not.. doesn't bother me.

good luck is perfect, especailly in poker. Thats why a pro wont make it to the final table this year, becasue of LUCK. That is why pro's dont always win when they are better than everyone else. For example, Chris Ferguson on the WPT last night, went all in with AA against Brenes, who called with A10. Now Brenes hit his straight so that is 100% luck, absolutely no luck envolved. I would rather be lucky than good in a big tourney like that any day.

Regardless of what anyone tells you poker is gambling and the result of any given hand depends, at least in part, upon luck. As many a poker writer, player, pro, etc. will tell you, poker is about making the best possible decision in a given situation and hoping your luck follows. The outcome of a situation in which the probability of something occuring isn't 1 or 0 involves what we often call luck.I understand that luck has certain other connotations about it but I'd love to have good luck at the poker table. It would go nicely with my good skill.

That is hilarious. I have a superstition about when someone says good luck to me. I usually just say thanks, or nod my head, etc. Why in the hell would I want my oponent to have good luck. I guess the superstition stems from a final table where a guy said "Good Luck" too all of us as we sat down for the final table. I sure as hell needed good luck when my AQ busted his QQ, so I was glad that he wished it on me.

Regardless of what anyone tells you poker is gambling and the result of any given hand depends, at least in part, upon luck. As many a poker writer, player, pro, etc. will tell you, poker is about making the best possible decision in a given situation and hoping your luck follows. The outcome of a situation in which the probability of something occuring isn't 1 or 0 involves what we often call luck.I understand that luck has certain other connotations about it but I'd love to have good luck at the poker table. It would go nicely with my good skill.
Ah no not really. Poker is based in statistics, and while any one hand could go wrong, the game is based on long term statistics where if played correctly will make you a winning player. I did not become a winning player until I got this "luck" idea out of my head.

Just dont say anything. If someone wishes you good luck, just say thanks. Depends on your belief in Luck. My thoughts on Luck....Do you believe in LUCK? The randomness of any game such as poker is that on any given hand any available card in the deck can fall, you can try to gauge what the likelyhood of getting your needed card/cards might be based on Stats/Percentages, but in the end it is total randomness of events.In order for there to truly be Good Luck or Bad Luck, would mean that the person receving the luck has something special about them that allows them to Receive/Not Receive there wish more often that not.That is unless you believe in FATE... But thats another beast in itself...So it doesnt really matter in the end.. Wish everyone Good Luck, It wont alter the outcome of your game, its simply a nice thing to say before taking all of their money...

good luck is perfect, especailly in poker. Thats why a pro wont make it to the final table this year, becasue of LUCK.
Just to clarify, there will be 6 pros at the final table this year. Well, at least after the event they will all be pros, because they'll all have in excess of $1,000,000 bankrolls, and they'll turn pro just like Moneymaker and Raymer.