the worst beat of my young life

I am only 16, but have played poker seriously for 2 years, i have read Super/System, Theory of Poker and all the other books people who want to improve their game read, and I do quite well in my home games and in the $1/$2 games online(shhhh about the underage gamling)Well yesterday i was playing in a 4 man home tourney, 20 dollar buy in where 2nd gets 20 and 1st gets 60, and we are down to 3 players after 20 minutes, we had 50 chips to start with bilinds of 1/2 and now i have 64 chips, opponent 1 has 72 chips and opponent 2 also has 64 chips, with blinds of 2/4. I get the button, and this is how the hand went:I get dealt A :D 10 :) and make a minimum raise, and both opponents callThe flop is amazing, A :D A :) 10 :D , and i relax, knowing both opponents are probably drawing dead, opponent 1 makes a 5 chip bet, opponent 2 calls, and i hesitate and make the "difficult call". The turn is the K :) , so I don't have the mortal nuts anymore. Opponent 1 bets 10 chips, opponent 2 calls and i show no emotion as i raise it to 25. Opponent 1 calls, and to my amazment, opponent 2 folds his small flush face up. I remain emotionless as the river card falls, the Q :) . Suddenly I am scared, the jack of diamonds will make a royal flush, and an AQ or Big Slick will beat me, i start to get worried. My opponent bets 10, and I stare him down, and i think there is no way he called my raise on the turn with an inside draw, but maybe he did have a flush also on the turn, with the jack of diamonds, or he has AQ or big slick. This player is not afraid to bluff and can be very aggressive with rags at times. I finally decide to push all in and he calls.I flip over my full boat and annonce " Aces full" and get some major "oooooohhhs" and " buuurrrnnnss" :shock: (after all, we are just teenagers). My opponent simply smiles and flips over the jack of diamonds to make his royal flush, and gets even more oooohhhhhhhhs and ahhhhhhhsss. I am crushed :) and go outside to get some air, this was terrible, and even though good players put stuff like this behind them, losing in such a way destroyed me. I lost the next 2 touneys in first, still steaming after that beat. I think i could play poker they next 50 years and still not get a beat sooo immprobable. I checked a poker calcullator and found out after the flop. my opponent was 999-1 of winning the hand and i know the deck was clean cause i shuffled and there hadn't been i diamond flush for a while so it wasn't due to impropper shuffling, well thats my story, anyone had a worst beat :club:

Just be happy you only lost 3 $20 Buy-ins because of "The Worst Beat Of Your Life", just doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Forget about it, move on, bad beat stories are boring anyway. Watch the director's commentary for Rounder's, they tell a good story about bad beat stories on it.

That's.... you.... Dude, you're young. That also isn't too bad of a beat-- in fact, you put yourself in that situation -- it'd be different if you moved in after the flop and he called and caught that. You knew that the J of diamonds could be out there. You pushed knowing that you could easily be beat. I know you were thinking you had a read on him and what-not, but in that position, with that board, you just have to be careful. By the way... no one likes to hear bad beat stories. You're probably going to get flamed. Everyone can tell you a horrible bad beat story, ... they get old.

if you pushed all in on the flop, and your friend rivers a royal flush, thats a bad beat.you pushed all in on the river, where u only would get called if you were beat. that was a mistake, not a bad beat.

I watched someone flop quad aces and check call on the flop and turn and move allin on the river. The other guy had a royal flush. The guy who lost wasnt too bothered because he thought hed get the bad beat jackpot.The guy who had the RF only used one hole card and it turned out both players have to use both for it to be elligable for bad beat jackpot!!Double bad beat for him then!!!!

y push all in ur only goin to get called by one of the hands u fear. just call lose less.
lol i wish i had now, but what would u do with that full house, i think the majority of players would have gone all in , and even if i had called and lost i probably would have been gone soon anyway with only like 20 chips left and blinds on 2/4. But thanks all for the feedback :-)

i really hope you arent serious man... i really and waiting for the "sw". if this is the worst beat of you life and you have this much emotion over it maybe you arent mature enough to emotionally handle poker yet.also this isnt a bad beat in my opinion. you said your self that you thought you could be beat and you moved in anyway. and then you said after you thought a while he couldnt have that. well what the hell else could he off had in this hand i mean really. ak is calling on the flop, aq in a game like this is probably calling, and say a qj or kj of diamonds is calling. thats four very probable hands right there that he could have and you still moved in. just call man... i would give you the bad beat if you were all in on the flop but you werentanyway hopefully my second paragraph is a waste because i hope this was a sarcastic post... but if it is not maybe you should take some time off and think about cards and learn the game a little more

lol i wish i had now, but what would u do with that full house, i think the majority of players would have gone all in , and even if i had called and lost i probably would have been gone soon anyway with only like 20 chips left and blinds on 2/4. But thanks all for the feedback :-)i believe majority of the forum players would check call.

y push all in ur only goin to get called by one of the hands u fear. just call lose less.
lol i wish i had now, but what would u do with that full house, i think the majority of players would have gone all in , and even if i had called and lost i probably would have been gone soon anyway with only like 20 chips left and blinds on 2/4. But thanks all for the feedback :-)
i would of called. that is the right play

Been playing 2 years ya, and i think i made the right decision, if i had called and lost i would have had 16 chips left and would have to post 4 for big blind next hand and even if i went all-in before i get blinded out, since only top 2 get money, both would call me and check to the river to increase to odds of knocking me out, its what me and my friends always do in these situations but even though i got bashed a little on this tread, i don't really care, its just a poker forum, and thanks for the feed back, good or bad :club:

In the words of the great Mike Caro:
ahhhhh' date=' the beauty of the pre flop min raise...sw2 years did you say?[/quote']

I'm not an expert, but I'm fairly sure pushing any time before the river is a better play then even thinking about pushing after that last card. I think everyone understands that you would have been short-stacked, but short-stacked is better than no-stacked. I know some have flamed you, but in all honestly, from a pure poker point of view, pushing on the river was a bad play. It was the wrong play.

if you want sympathy go to your mother beccause anyone with the slightest amount of poker knowledge will laugh at your play on the river, "staring him down" and then making an absolute horrible move. it was a huge pot and he bet 10 really seems like a bluff. Going all in is so unbelievably bad its funny. Dont insult bad beats with your bad play.

you didnt really take a bad beat. it was unlucky, but half the money went in when he was a favorite. not to mention after the flop youre only bet with the lead was a 15 chip lead into a 54 chip pot, which may have made calling correct for your opponent depending on his other card.move in earlier or not at all nothing to gain from raising the river, he folds losing cards and calls winning ones you can only lose not gain with that play.its good experience cheap

The obvious move was to call on the river rather than a push. With how the bets were going, he's only gonna call you if he has you beat. So what's the point of throwing away your chips. Plus, like everyone says, it's not a bad beat since u didn't put in your chips when you were ahead. You put them in when you were behind. Just a bad read.As far as bad beat's go, I was playing heads up with a 2 to 1 chip advantage and got dealt pocket Q's in BB. he calls and I raised it up a bit. he call's the raise. The flop comes QTx rainbow. Awesome...I'm head's up and I've just hit top set with barely any draws out. I decide to slow play it so I check. The opponent takes me as weak and goes all in (he had a T in his hand to make mid pair). I immediately call to show that he is completely dominated. Well turn comes....T! I've got full boat Q's over and he's got trip T's. Though it makes my hand better, I didn't like the look of this card as it gives him a single out. Yup, the one that had to hit on the river...the T!!! His runner runner gave him quad T's to beat my boat. UGGH. Ofcourse I still had chips left at this point to try and win the tourney again. well couple hands later, I pushed all-in with the best hand after flop and he called with a outside straight draw....and hit on the river. Lucky SOB!!!