Alright guys, I'm sure this has been covered at some point but I don't have the time to look back in the archives.I've finally decided to give internet hold'em a try. I'm going to start out with a $50 bankroll so I'm looking for a no-limit $.50/$1 or $1/$2 game. I'm just wondering which sites you think are the best.Thanks guys.

I'm going to start out with a $50 bankroll so I'm looking for a no-limit $.50/$1 or $1/$2 game. Thanks guys.
No your not.Your looking for .05/.10... maybe .10/.20 NL max.UB or Pokerstars. Go there.
lol, stupid way to up your post count, quote with nothing added?or reinforcing a well made point?
that's how people reinforce the well made points... just to make sure everyone sees it... and doesn't skip over it and miss
lol, stupid way to up your post count, quote with nothing added?or reinforcing a well made point?
that's how people reinforce the well made points... just to make sure everyone sees it... and doesn't skip over it and miss
ok... i really didn't know. Just struck me as odd. But makes sense.
Yeah, just to reinforce a well made point.To the OP, if you didn't figure it out, your bankroll is way too low for anything but microlimits. I play limit, but I believe for no-limit the popular idea is that you should have 1200xBB.Edit: That was post #500... and useful post #22 !!!
I actually got a laugh out of this one...
Alright guys, I'm sure this has been covered at some point but I don't have the time to look back in the archives.I've finally decided to give internet hold'em a try. I'm going to start out with a $50 bankroll so I'm looking for a no-limit $.50/$1 or $1/$2 game. I'm just wondering which sites you think are the best.Thanks guys.
If you hate money that much, just deposit your $50 in Poker Stars then transfer it to cdddc75.I'll at least call you in the morning...most other online players just take your money and kick you to the curb.

Ok, original poster, there it is. For your first attempt online, you need to expect that you will lose for the first few sessions. If you play .5-1 with only $50 you will go broke quickly. I'm not trying to be offensive, just realistic about the fact that you will be going up against experienced Internet players, and it is definately a different game than live poker.Play micro limits on Stars until you build up a big enough bankroll to move up. Good luck.

So was I right about the 1200xBB rule for NL?
Minimums vary based on personal preferences. But, yeah, 1200 would work.
... if you were a risk taker.
He's looking to play 1/2 with $50. I think he qualifies as a risk taker. :club:
So was I right about the 1200xBB rule for NL?
Minimums vary based on personal preferences. But, yeah, 1200 would work.
... if you were a risk taker.
He's looking to play 1/2 with $50. I think he qualifies as a risk taker. :club:
Not just 1/2 mind you, but 1/2 NL.My offer to accept a $50 transfer and call back in the morning still stands.

Definately look into ultimatebet because they have NL games with blinds as low as .01/.02 ($2 max buyin) so all those bankroll requirements people like to mention are easily met at those. $50 is pretty small to be starting at NL with .5/1 or 1/2 blinds because you can easily lose that in a bad beat and can't even buy in for the max. But hey it's your money play what you want.

CringesLike the others have said $50 is not even close to enough to play .25/.50 NL, not to mention 1/2 NL. You would be pot committed the 2nd hand you played if you lost the first one, stick to micro's especially if you haven't played internet poker before. My first $50 on party lasted 1 week, I had no clue what the hell I was doing. I'm still working with my 2nd deposit.There is a reason people preach bankroll management here, take the advice. $50 is enough for .01/.02 NL at Pokerstars , 05/.10 if you want to be risky.
Taking into account what previous posters have said...If you're looking to start off with a $50 bankroll, then go to instantbankroll.com and they'll set you up with a $75 at party poker.

When you say 1,200xBB exactly what do you mean ? Overall BR or a big cushion so you won't ever go broke or what? So if someone plays $25/$50 NL they need $60k ? Later, Charles. 8)

When you say 1,200xBB exactly what do you mean ? Overall BR or a big cushion so you won't ever go broke or what? So if someone plays $25/$50 NL they need $60k ? Later, Charles. 8)
if the blinds were 25/50 then they're playing $5000 NL so it wouldn't hurt.
Yes. That's exactly what he's saying.