This is a true story from Ultimate Bet. Playing at a NL points table (i.e. the size of your stack is actually Ultimate points, not real money). Three of us had quite large stacks, all over 2,500 points. I'm in MP and get dealt the two black aces. I raise 3x the big blind and get the raise doubled by the small blind. The big blind smooth calls it, so I decide to call as well, hoping to trap. Flop comes Qs Qh 7s. SB bets out with a pot sided bet. BB raises all-in. Worried about the queen, I should have folded, but both of these players had been caught bluffing so many times I thought I might be catching them. I raise over the top all-in, to which the small blind calls. On UB, the turn and river are dealt before the cards are revealed. The turn and river rapidly come down 9s 10s, giving me the ace-high flush. The other two hands revealed themselves before mucking: SB had the red aces, BB had QJ. I think the final pot size was about 8,000 points.

In a local tourny :2 players went all in... both had pocket aces.... the third player went all in with pocket sevens...... Flop came a seven.... cracking both Aces....Amazing!

Semi-hijack...Not quite AA vs AA (though that did happen two days ago at a B&M table i was at the other day)I had AA UTG, Middle position had KK and BB had 10-10.flop: 10-k-3Turn: 10River: A.What are the odds on that one? Anyone?

I saw a no limit game where two players pushed pre-flop with AA for $600 and one of them hit runner runner flush... now that would be painful...
its very painfull, happened to me 3 times :cry:

I've seen AA vs AA at a $1/$2 NL table at Foxwoods.Sure it doesn't happen much, but when two people have aces you are going to find out about it.A lot of people complain that when they have KK, other often have AA, but that is just because it is one of the only hands people will call your KK with, especially if you play the all-in preflop style.

This topic brought back bad memories of saturday night. Playing in a $5 multi on ub, 660 entrants, was in 8th out of 11, just about to post on fcp to tell people i was at a final table if anybody was interested when i ran into AdKc in the big blind, went all in was called by AcKh, runner runner club for his flush to knock me out in 11th one away from final table :club: Ran it through the odds calculator and came out at 1.8% preflop. Instead of a chance at 775 for first i took down 26$ and a world of hurt :D Thanks for the reminder!! :evil:

yes but are the chances of getting aces 1/225??? i thought there were 91 different starting hands in holdem NOT counting suits. so wouldnt that mean u have a 1/91 chance of getting dealt aces? or am i doing something stupid here....
There are 169 different starting hands not counting suits but some are more likely to be dealt than others...e.g. there are more cards that can make up a 2-7o than there are to make any pocket pair, so the odds of receiving each of the 169 hands are not the same.
Guest XXEddie
I am playing in a tourney right now and just went all-in with rockets. The other guy calls my 13 grand with aces himself. First time I have seen aces vs aces...What are the odds on this?
50/50
in a 10 handed game i came up with about 1 in 30,000.  my math could be off a bit though...
More like 1/60,000 :club:
No I think it is 1 in 30,000.... the odds of the second guy getting aces are (2/50)*(1/49) = 1225.Remember, there are two aces remaining when he receives his first card, and one remaining when he receives the second.
I stand humbly corrected. :oops:
I think the correct odds is like 1/270725. You need to take the fact that YOU drew AA in the first place.Thus, making the equation (4/52)x(3/51)x(2/50)/(1/49).

I picked up AA a while back facing a raise, I reraised only to see the guy behind me push in. The first raiser calls, as do I obviously. The first raiser turns over KK, and the guy behind me turns over AA. Of course a K comes on the flop, and we are drawing dead.

Yesterday I was playing a $20 SnG at Paradise.  I'm high stacked and the table.. at 50/100 blinds, someone on my right raises in front of me to 200.  I simply call with TJo.  Guy on my left re-raises all in, to about 800.  Guy on my right then re-raises to about 1,800.  I call again hoping to bust them both out.  guy on my right has AA, as well as the guy on my left.  Felt a little better but still figured they were going to chop my money.  And a hilarious flop of..789.  They needed runnings 7s,8s, or 9s to split up my money.  I bust them both out, and neither of them flamed me, how amazing!
I gotta say, you are pretty horrible for calling that.

THE CRAZIEST thing i've ever seen playing poker, is related to this topic...At an eight handed table (home game) two players seated right next to each other both pushed preflop with AA. My buddy vinnie won when the first four cards out were all diamonds to give him a flush. About an hour later, the SAME two guys were both all in preflop with QQ. The same guy won again when he made his flush on the river.

Ive had it happen to me, I raised 10x BB Preflop, and got one caller. The Flop came rainbow, spread out cards. So i pushed All in, and got called. My Opponent turned over Aces as well.The thing that confuses me, is why opponent didnt Re-raise Preflop.

in a 10 handed game i came up with about 1 in 30,000. my math could be off a bit though...
More like 1/60,000 :club:
No I think it is 1 in 30,000.... the odds of the second guy getting aces are (2/50)*(1/49) = 1225.Remember, there are two aces remaining when he receives his first card, and one remaining when he receives the second.
I stand humbly corrected. :oops:
I think the correct odds is like 1/270725. You need to take the fact that YOU drew AA in the first place.Thus, making the equation (4/52)x(3/51)x(2/50)/(1/49).
But I don't think you factored in the fact that this is a 10 handed game. 1/270k would be the odds of AA vs AA if you were heads up.