2018 Nhl Playoffs

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Fleury has been great, and the last thing I want to do is take something away from him, but no way this is a case of a team riding a hot goalie to wins. This team is ridiculously good at.....I

NSH over COL in 5 WPG over MIN in 5 VGK over LAK in 6 ANA over SJS in 6   NSH over WPG in 7 ANA over VGK in 6   NSH over ANA in 5   TBL over NJD in 4 TOR over BOS in 6 PIT over PHI in 6 C

ahh, playoff time, time to curl into a ball on the couch and rock back and forth nervously for 3 hours each night until the Leafs and the Wild are eliminated.

It has happened..

I analyze the roster , I cant believe it.

I watch all the games in the playoffs..I cant believe what I am seeing..

Winnipeg scores 4 goals in game 1 and I think , see they have finally peaked...Then its turns 180..

To all the people that said , yes they are bunch of misfits that were cast off and banding together on an old effort basis..Great Coaching will do that

Bullshit...No one saw this coming..There wasnt one person before the season, that was even remotely close on this prediction.

I think Arp touched on it, there is NO CHANCE that George McPhee in his wildest dreams built this team to contend..He got these players in hoping he can turn some of them into draft picks at the trade deadline..James Neal was the typical guy that would of been traded at the deadline to a Stanley Cup contender for maybe a decent return...Who actually thought he would be ON the Stanley Cup contender.

I have tried to spin this many ways..There is just no way to get around it...Its the greatest sports season/story of all time.. With all due respect to the Miracle on Ice.. This is 1000 times more unlikely..The miracle on dice( credit to Friedman)

I guess the soccer team that won it a couple of years ago in England was more unlikely and greater odds..But thats soccer , who cares.

lol @ miracle on dice.

gotta agree, no one saw this coming. But I cant help but love hockey more because of it.....just goes to show, effort+team play+good coaching can take you all the way in hockey.

I was watching basketball all weekend at a local tournament, and it struck me how at its core, even basketball can be a game won by individuals playing as one, with good coaching and lots of effort. Was beautiful to see. I missed todays Vegas 2nd+3rd periods because of it, but there is nothing I love more than watching effort+heart+teamplay beat better individual talent.

I honestly still dont know what makes Vegas so good, maybe its all that that I ranted about, but wow, how great it is to see.

oh, and....................I AM GOING TO BE IN VEGAS DURING THE FINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gonna start a go fund me campaign for tickets. lol

A friend of mine who lives here, he is from Winnipeg

He managed to get tickets for Game 6 in Vegas a couple of days ago.He is obviously devastated..

George McPhee maybe gets all the credit?

1994 as manager of hockey operations his team makes the Stanley Cup Finals and loses in game 7 to Mark Messier.

1998 as first year GM of the Caps makes the Stanley Cup finals but loses to the juggernaut Red Wings in 4 games.

2018 Makes the Stanley Cup final with a team that no one expected that would win more than 25 games.

not only that the team that he put together and mostly drafted has a chance to make the finals against him..

I find myself doing the same thing with VGK that I did when Trump won

"holy hell, did that really happen???"

you wake up and hear the news, and you're like....oh ya, that's a real thing! The Celeb Apprentice guy became President and the expansion team is in the finals.

I find myself doing the same thing with VGK that I did when Trump won

"holy hell, did that really happen???"

you wake up and hear the news, and you're like....oh ya, that's a real thing! The Celeb Apprentice guy became President and the expansion team is in the finals.

It’s actually a great analogy.

I think it’s great for Vegas actually and the casual fan. But I don’t think the casual fan realizes the magnitude and improbability of it all

So I have been making videos more often now during the playoffs..Mostly predictions, some fun stuff...Stuff with the kids...Mostly the videos get somewhere around 50-60 views..My video post Leafs loss got about 200..

But two days ago I ranted about how I dont want Vegas to win the Cup and how I will boycott the NHL for a year if they do..Well it was partly tongue in cheek and partly in fun..So as of this morning it has 313 views ..But most importantly 60 comments( most of my videos get like 3-4 comments) and 31THUMBS DOWNS vs 10 Thumbs up..

This tells me that I am in the MAJOR Minority of people not backing Vegas..Which I understand..For the average hockey fan this is a huge thing for them to bring them to the game of hockey.

So I have been answering hate comments all day..

Have a look at my rant if you like and add to my haters.

Anything better than a 7th game in the NHL?

Also Kane signs 7 times 7 extension.

Lucky 7 day?

I’m so excited for this final. It’s time the greatest goal scorer of our generation gets his cup

So many great storylines in this Final..Obviously the greatest story of all time the expansion Knights.

Possibly the most decorated scorer of all time Alex Ovechkin trying to win a cup.

I think the most interesting story is George Mcphee. He built both of these teams..Its pretty interesting.

My support are with the cousins. Go Caps.

Awesome..Lets put down a big bet..20 units?

Nashville vs Colorado

Winnipeg vs Minnesota

Vegas vs Los Angeles

Anaheim vs San Jose

Tampa Bay vs New Jersey

Boston vs Toronto

Washington vs Columbus

Pittsburgh vs Philly

None of us were even close

So many bad calls..The controversial hit by Wilson should get a game suspension. However David Perron who left the bench for an altercation needs to be suspended automatically for 10 games.

Congratulations to the Golden Knights for winning the Stanley Cup..Hopefully in September we will wake up and it was all a dream like in the 80s with the great primetime soap Dallas.

Congrats to George McPhee, Gerrard Gallant and the Vegas fans in this season of bizarro NHL world.