2018 Nhl Playoffs

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Fleury has been great, and the last thing I want to do is take something away from him, but no way this is a case of a team riding a hot goalie to wins. This team is ridiculously good at.....I

NSH over COL in 5 WPG over MIN in 5 VGK over LAK in 6 ANA over SJS in 6   NSH over WPG in 7 ANA over VGK in 6   NSH over ANA in 5   TBL over NJD in 4 TOR over BOS in 6 PIT over PHI in 6 C

ahh, playoff time, time to curl into a ball on the couch and rock back and forth nervously for 3 hours each night until the Leafs and the Wild are eliminated.

Preds are *dominating* tonight. Shots 25-7 at 5 on 5, 40-16 shot attempts... and then Winnipeg makes it 2-0.

Hockey is a funny game sometimes.

Hellebuyck can see everything though. Jets are very good at boxing out and protecting the front of their net.

Rick Nash who was totally ineffective against Toronto is getting it done..Doubt it will be enough though.

That was a goal in the Pitt game.

Carrie Underwood’s national anthem was a top 10 performance.

I really dislike this announcing team for the Preds/jets series. Most especially the lady. Bleh.

That was a goal in the Pitt game.

Carrie Underwood’s national anthem was a top 10 performance.

I really dislike this announcing team for the Preds/jets series. Most especially the lady. Bleh.

Totally dead on. She nailed it. She is better than Milbury

That Vegas/SJ OT was awesome

Agree, but I don’t really understand how it got there. That second Sharks goal looked like obvious goalie interference to me. But I, like everyone, am batting like 0.250 on GI reviews.

Agree, but I don’t really understand how it got there. That second Sharks goal looked like obvious goalie interference to me. But I, like everyone, am batting like 0.250 on GI reviews.

Good I'm not crazy.

Oh, I have no idea what gtd interference is. Was talking with some friends in a chat last night, and we all agreed, none of us has a clue. Kind of made it easier to not argue about it. lol

And yes, that SJ-Vegas game+OT was amazing. Its killing my sleep, but holy cow am I enjoying that series. I absolutely love watching Vegas hockey, I've seen more of them than any specific team in years outside of Carolina. I make a point of watching them whenever they are on, esp in the playoffs. I love that brand of hockey, wish more teams could play that kind of game.

This is the best 2nd round I can recall in a long time, great matchups. And Im barely even tuning into Pit-Wash, which has more to do with the fact that I feel a little "been there, done that" with that matchup.

NAS-WPG is amazing.

Agreed with everyone..I am really pulling for the Sharks for a variety of reasons..What a game that was last night..

We got invited to the Sharks practice this morning, but we couldnt go due to scheduling..It would of been interesting to see the guys after that game..

100%

Oh, I have no idea what gtd interference is. Was talking with some friends in a chat last night, and we all agreed, none of us has a clue. Kind of made it easier to not argue about it. lol

And yes, that SJ-Vegas game+OT was amazing. Its killing my sleep, but holy cow am I enjoying that series. I absolutely love watching Vegas hockey, I've seen more of them than any specific team in years outside of Carolina. I make a point of watching them whenever they are on, esp in the playoffs. I love that brand of hockey, wish more teams could play that kind of game.

This is the best 2nd round I can recall in a long time, great matchups. And Im barely even tuning into Pit-Wash, which has more to do with the fact that I feel a little "been there, done that" with that matchup.

NAS-WPG is amazing.

I can’t say I’ve watched much of them this year, but I agree. Their neutral zone transition/speed/counter attack is incredible. Really fun team to watch.

I may challenge myself to bike a little more this summer. Including some trips *to* work. I always ride home because it's easier (downhill, generally), and I don't have to deal with the sweat. But I don't see why I can't just bike to work on days I don't have early meetings or whatever. I'm sure work won't give a shit if I sit at my desk in gym shorts and a soaked t-shirt until noon. LOL. I'll need to work up to it a little after my lazy winter (and the planned expansion of BikeShareTO to closer to my work hopefully happens soon). But I should still be able to do it a few times a week.

Last year I biked home like 95% of the time. So long as it wasn't raining too hard. Need to build on that.

Your honor. Relevance to the thread???

:)

I have been watching the Wilson hit over and over again. There is some argument to both sides...Is there contact to the head? Obviously there seems to be..Did he leave his feet? It looks like he may have after contact..Did he go head hunting in this instance? I would say no...Tom Wilson is 6'4 and Aston Reese is barely 6 feet...However after several times watching it, he does seem like he is going for the head..The fact that Tom Wilson has some history and Aston-Reese is seriously injured on the play..I think the appropriate course of action would be a 3 game suspension.

Your honor. Relevance to the thread???

:)

Note sure what you're talking about. Why would you quote a post in this thread I so clearly made in another thread and definitely didn't just move after the fact...??? :icon_rolleyes:

• Like 1

I have been watching the Wilson hit over and over again. There is some argument to both sides...Is there contact to the head? Obviously there seems to be..Did he leave his feet? It looks like he may have after contact..Did he go head hunting in this instance? I would say no...Tom Wilson is 6'4 and Aston Reese is barely 6 feet...However after several times watching it, he does seem like he is going for the head..The fact that Tom Wilson has some history and Aston-Reese is seriously injured on the play..I think the appropriate course of action would be a 3 game suspension.

I only saw it a couple of times, and then didnt care enough to keep watching, but I would really agree with your first points about 'argument to both sides'

I could be wrong, but it sure looks like he hit him on the shoulder, and then got the head.

I dont know if its an illegal hit, because I dont think I really understand the rules of the NHL. But I certainly do think it should be an illegal hit....any contact with the head, auto penalty at min, and up for suspension.

Do any of you see a reason why that particularly hit needs to happen? Why it needs to be part of hockey?

Serge starts off by making excuses for Wilson. Arp agrees there are arguments to both sides. (Legitimate arguments??)

What is the point of attempting that hit if it is not to hurt a player who is in a compromising position (engaged with another player, while fighting for the puck)?

Do any of you derive joy from seeing that? Does that add to your experience of watching a hockey game?

Tom Wilson is a shitbag and has done the same thing on two consecutive nights and I'm sure numerous times before. Targeted the head of a player engaged with another while trying to deal with the puck (the actual object of the game of hockey).

Do any of you see a reason why that particularly hit needs to happen? Why it needs to be part of hockey?

Serge starts off by making excuses for Wilson. Arp agrees there are arguments to both sides. (Legitimate arguments??)

What is the point of attempting that hit if it is not to hurt a player who is in a compromising position (engaged with another player, while fighting for the puck)?

Do any of you derive joy from seeing that? Does that add to your experience of watching a hockey game?

Tom Wilson is a shitbag and has done the same thing on two consecutive nights and I'm sure numerous times before. Targeted the head of a player engaged with another while trying to deal with the puck (the actual object of the game of hockey).

My point was there are arguments to both sides of this...If thats not Tom Wilson is it a dirty hit? If Aston Reese is 6-3 does he hit him in the head? I think the issue is not that if its a hit that we need to see gone out of the game..But if he attempted to injure? In this case arguments can be made on both sides..In one angle, it clearly looks like he leads with his shoulder and his shoulder rides up to the head...

I think he will be suspended...3 games

My first thought was that you Zach are highly biased, and its hard for me to take your views as objective.

Then I looked at Carcillos words, and I can see what he is talking about with regards to the skate.

I guess the question I would have for you in reverse is....do you like hitting in hockey? Do you think there is a way to hit hard and still never make contact with the head? I don't think there is. If that means there is no hitting in hockey, so be it for me. It would come at a loss, but I dont think there is a way to hit hard and not injure someone head.

I dont get much out of violence in sports. I've never been a proponent of fighting in hockey, have always kind of detested it and been embarrassed as a fan of the sport. I dont like football as much anymore because I see what it does and I find it hard to watch.

But, there has always been something about hard hitting hockey in the playoffs I have liked. When its dirty, I get upset, and I dont like it even when someone on my own team does it. Not a fan of "hard players who get under your skin". Thats code for assh*le.

And while Tom Wilson hits hard and doesnt take into account injuries, hope you will feel same next time Hornqvist does one of his dirty plays. :)

• Like 1