The Trump Presidency Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He misses me so he's trying to fill the void with a sugar substitute ( that's you suited )

I've had it.   He did not ****ing dispute the story   He made a statement about things that weren't in the ****ing story which means he confirmed the ****ing story.   Jesus Jumping Jimmeny Chris

he should throw a gay person off a building while he's there or kill someone for drawing a cartoon. really get into the spirit of being a muslim.

most people who voted for trump hear the media bashing the vice president for honoring the flag, not a waste of taxpayer money. the left would be wise to drop this whole issue because trump effectively ended it, quite brilliantly really.

It's pretty shocking how out of touch people are with reality. Like, does Dubey really seriously think that Trump voters will look at this any other way? The echo chamber is tight around the left.

I don't think that's accurate because of the almost 100% lock that the left has in all media, news/journalism, and entertainment. Certainly, people can go to only Breitbart for their news, but it's really hard to avoid even the simplest explanation of ideas from the left, where it's obvious, even in this thread, that some people have never been exposed to even simple conservative ideology other than the standard "RACISM! SEXISM! BIGOTRY!" without any care to actually listen or understand. I mean, Dubey seriously thinks that Pence embarrassed himself when he knew exactly what would happen and it was well thought out and executed. Trump is horrible, and I hope that he goes, but man is that dude good at staying on message.

I don't think that's accurate because of the almost 100% lock that the left has in all media, news/journalism, and entertainment. Certainly, people can go to only Breitbart for their news, but it's really hard to avoid even the simplest explanation of ideas from the left, where it's obvious, even in this thread, that some people have never been exposed to even simple conservative ideology other than the standard "RACISM! SEXISM! BIGOTRY!" without any care to actually listen or understand. I mean, Dubey seriously thinks that Pence embarrassed himself when he knew exactly what would happen and it was well thought out and executed. Trump is horrible, and I hope that he goes, but man is that dude good at staying on message.

you obviouly haven't looked at any of the academic studies that are going on at the moment about the polarization and echo chambers.

Basically it's severe on both sides but worse with people who support Trump.

and your idea of the left dominating the media is kind of funny when Trump has his own propaganda network in Fox which with a few exceptions with some of the hard news types spew things that would make Pravda or Baghdad Bob blush.

Pense's actions played to their base but was total bullshit.

and seriously, Breitbart as a "conservative" news source ? If you don't want people to think racist when they think conservative maybe don't suggest Breitbart as an example of a conservative news source.

and seriously, Breitbart as a "conservative" news source ? If you don't want people to think racist when they think conservative maybe don't suggest Breitbart as an example of a conservative news source.

That's what's always pushed by the media and you know it. It's hilarious that you are even trying to suggest that the media isn't massively left. And I didn't even mention academia, which is every bit as left as the media.

you obviouly haven't looked at any of the academic studies that are going on at the moment about the polarization and echo chambers.

Basically it's severe on both sides but worse with people who support Trump.

Let's have a link to these multiple studies written and paid for by liberals. I'm ready.

I don't think that's accurate because of the almost 100% lock that the left has in all media, news/journalism

there's an echo chamber enforced opinion if i've ever seen one. (i left out entertainment, because yeah. there is no good conservative entertainment.)

Brv, stop trying to pretend you don't guzzle the conservative koolaid as hard as the others in this thread. Gtfoh with that echo chamber bullshit, the irony is too much.

Brvy I wanna hear what you consider to be simple conservative ideology and how you think that applies to what's been happening in this country.

You claim the left just shouts racist, bigot, sexist, etc without any justification or attempt to understand, but I strongly suspect that what you consider simple conservative ideology is nothing more than a desire to keep the status quo.

for the record, I am very familiar with what a reasonable conservative ideology looks like. I live in the conservative hotbed of Canada (yes, go ahead and laugh). We have had a conservative provincial government for most of my adult life. I will most likely vote conservative at the next provincial election (though probably not in the federal, and mostly for lack of a better option). I am lucky enough to live in a country where political ideology isn't an indoctrination process that begins at a young age.

Conservatism in the USA has swung way too far to the right, and is no longer what I would consider reasonable, but of course I have no understanding of this because I said Trump and Pence were stupid and therefore I exist in a liberal bubble where I can't even conceive of any other possibility.

there's an echo chamber enforced opinion if i've ever seen one. (i left out entertainment, because yeah. there is no good conservative entertainment.)

Can you point me to a national news source that's as pro-Trump as it was pro-Obama? Or if you would prefer because Trump is insane, as pro-Bush as it was pro-Clinton?

Brvy I wanna hear what you consider to be simple conservative ideology and how you think that applies to what's been happening in this country.

You claim the left just shouts racist, bigot, sexist, etc without any justification or attempt to understand, but I strongly suspect that what you consider simple conservative ideology is nothing more than a desire to keep the status quo.

I think it's a simple conservative ideology to cut spending drastically.

I think it's a simple conservative ideology to make sure that only US citizens vote in elections.

I think protecting all humans in the US from being murdered, even if they aren't yet born, to be a simple conservative ideology.

I also think Trump and Pence are horrible leaders. ("Stupid" is hyperbolic and untrue, but whatever)

Brv, stop trying to pretend you don't guzzle the conservative koolaid as hard as the others in this thread. Gtfoh with that echo chamber bullshit, the irony is too much.

lol.

This is the exact response I expected of someone in the leftist bubble.

I don't like Trump at all.

I hate most of the GOP leaders.

I live in Paul Ryan's district and I have never voted for him.

I don't think marriage should be recognized by the state.

I am generally not in favor of the death penalty.

I never ever ever watch Fox News.

You don't know anything about me, but your echo chamber tells you what I am and you judge me because I give myself the label "conservative".

Can you point me to a national news source that's as pro-Trump as it was pro-Obama? Or if you would prefer because Trump is insane, as pro-Bush as it was pro-Clinton?

i honestly have no idea what you're asking me here. foxnews is pro-trump. they still win the ratings battle. if you add the ratings of the left-leaning news sites together, fox still has at least a 35% share in my guesstimation. talk radio is at least 90% right-leaning. all of the conservatives that i personally know get almost 0% exposure to left-leaning news/journalism, because there's so much right-leaning content available, it's easy to avoid.

You don't know anything about me, but your echo chamber tells you what I am and you judge me because YOU give ME the label "liberal".

weird how this works

Brv,

you are right. I don't know anything about you. But you use terms like "leftist bubble", and you speak derisively of the "left". You also rarely contribute, but when you do, it is usually with an "lol" or some other dismissive post towards anyone who you identify as being "left", you like terrible posts by BG and do not post a single thing against anybody identifying as "right". So yes, my perception is that you are just as entrenched in the left/right American vortex as anybody else, regardless of whether you like Trump or of how hard you try to play the thoughtful, aloof conservative role in this thread.

i honestly have no idea what you're asking me here. foxnews is pro-trump. they still win the ratings battle. if you add the ratings of the left-leaning news sites together, fox still has at least a 35% share in my guesstimation. talk radio is at least 90% right-leaning. all of the conservatives that i personally know get almost 0% exposure to left-leaning news/journalism, because there's so much right-leaning content available, it's easy to avoid.

You make a fair point about radio. I forgot radio still existed.

You make a fair point about radio. I forgot radio still existed.

Sinclair Broadcasting who own more local TV stations than anybody and who force Conservative news and commentary on local TV broadcasts.

https://www.vox.com/2017/5/15/15598270/sinclair-broadcast-imminent-conservative-takeover-of-local-tv-news-explained

Hard to take an article seriously when the first "conservative" they mention is Megyn Kelly.

• Like 1