The Trump Presidency Thread

then why are his poll numbers so high among Evangelicals and some of his biggest supports are people like Franklin Graham and Jerry Fallwell Jr ?

Franklin Graham and Jerry Fallwell Jr aren't true followers of Christ. You can't hold brvy responsible for the behavior of these heretics

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He misses me so he's trying to fill the void with a sugar substitute ( that's you suited )

I've had it.   He did not ****ing dispute the story   He made a statement about things that weren't in the ****ing story which means he confirmed the ****ing story.   Jesus Jumping Jimmeny Chris

he should throw a gay person off a building while he's there or kill someone for drawing a cartoon. really get into the spirit of being a muslim.

Franklin Graham and Jerry Fallwell Jr ?

If you think these dudes are people who actual Christians look up to, you should have included Joel Osteen, Benny Hinn, Creflo Dollar and Joyce Meyers.

Now mind you, both of those guys would be viewed mildly better than the outright charlatans that I listed, but not by much. Generally speaking, actual Christians (the kind the don't miss church and actually care about what Jesus said) distrust religious leaders that speak heavily about politics.

Mainstream Christians-in-name-only LOVE those types of pastors/leaders because they hold up America, and politics in particular, as an idol to be worshipped. They couldn't even begin to understand that they are sinning by doing so, according to the Bible.

then why are his poll numbers so high among Evangelicals

Because what journalists (and even the Christians-in-name-only themselves) think actual Christians are is wildly different than reality.

https://www.thegospe...ably-less-half/

I get that as outsiders you guys think Christians are all the same (No true scotsman, etc), but they very much are not the same.

There are massive online discussions happening all the time about Trump in the Christian community (not Christians-in-name-only), and it's never about if Trump is a good person. It's always about supporting policies vs. the moral failings of a person.

Look for Trump articles on sites that actual Christians trust like The Gospel Coalition (or the previously linked challies.com). Or watch videos by Steve Deace. Nearly everyone is in complete agreement that Trump is a moral failure. The discussions and debates happen on what to do with that information.

For instance:

Article by an actual Christian: Overturning Roe v. Wade isn’t worth compromising with Trump, my fellow evangelicals

Response by another actual Christian: Pastor: Keep killing babies because I hate Trump

Response to THAT article: For All the Oppressed: A Response to Mr. Steve Deace

(and there are a few more back and forths)

Both people are #NeverTrumpers with a LARGE audience.

• Like 1

What are you doing, biting on that? Balloon guy was an artist when it came to baiting leftists, but Essay? You're better than that, Dubey.

hey if he wants to self identify as a communist that’s between him and his party leader.

If you think these dudes are people who actual Christians look up to, you should have included Joel Osteen, Benny Hinn, Creflo Dollar and Joyce Meyers.

Now mind you, both of those guys would be viewed mildly better than the outright charletons that I listed, but not by much. Generally speaking, actual Christians (the kind the don't miss church and actually care about what Jesus said) distrust religious leaders that speak heavily about politics.

Mainstream Christians-in-name-only LOVE those types of pastors/leaders because they hold up America, and politics in particular, as an idol to be worshipped. They couldn't even begin to understand that they are sinning by doing so, according to the Bible.

Because what journalists (and even the Christians-in-name-only themselves) think actual Christians are is wildly different than reality.

https://www.thegospe...ably-less-half/

I get that as outsiders you guys think Christians are all the same (No true scotsman, etc), but they very much are not the same.

There are massive online discussions happening all the time about Trump in the Christian community (not Christians-in-name-only), and it's never about if Trump is a good person. It's always about supporting policies vs. the moral failings of a person.

Look for Trump articles on sites that actual Christians trust like The Gospel Coalition (or the previously linked challies.com). Or watch videos by Steve Deace. Nearly everyone is in complete agreement that Trump is a moral failure. The discussions and debates happen on what to do with that information.

For instance:

Article by an actual Christian: Overturning Roe v. Wade isn’t worth compromising with Trump, my fellow evangelicals

Response by another actual Christian: Pastor: Keep killing babies because I hate Trump

Response to THAT article: For All the Oppressed: A Response to Mr. Steve Deace

(and there are a few more back and forths)

Both people are #NeverTrumpers with a LARGE audience.

thanks Brvy

We certainly agree on who some of the charlatans are

Unpopular opinion: I think Trump is a racist, but that his particular tweets from yesterday or whatever have been blown way out of proportion and were actually fairly benign. I don't necessarily even think they were anti-Muslim, per se, but I could be talked into that pretty easily. Everyone is throwing AOC into the group he was talking to, but I really feel like she wasn't on his mind. I think it was the muslim women that he was thinking about. He is just so so stupid.

I'd ask why in the Sam Hill did Trump choose to inject himself between his opponents' destroying and humiliating each other, so they could then reunify in calling him a racist xenophobe and make himself the lightning rod again? But we already know the answer. Sigh...

-Steve Deace

Unpopular opinion: I think Trump is a racist, but that his particular tweets from yesterday or whatever have been blown way out of proportion and were actually fairly benign. I don't necessarily even think they were anti-Muslim, per se, but I could be talked into that pretty easily. Everyone is throwing AOC into the group he was talking to, but I really feel like she wasn't on his mind. I think it was the muslim women that he was thinking about. He is just so so stupid.

[/font][/color]

telling somebody to go back from where they came from because they aren't White is racist AF and probably the most blatantly racist thing that Trump has said so far which is why it's news. That and the no reaction from most Republicans.

Here's one example from Twitter on what non-Whites have routinely faced and why Trump's comments are being viewed the way they are.

Wesley Chu @ #SDCC2019

@wes_chu

·

Jul 14

I've been told to go back to my country my entire life. It happened when I grew up in Nebraska. It happened where I worked in Chicago. It happens on Twitter. Now it seems it's happening from the White House.

The one constant is it's always an ignorant shithead who says it.

Theory: the racist tweets are a diversion from the census issue where he is defying the Supreme Court decision on the immigration question. He knows the backlash from the racism will blow over

telling somebody to go back from where they came from...

What you and the media are saying Trump said.

His actual Tweet:

"Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how...."

If that's actually the MOST racist thing Trump has ever said, that's actually a good thing for Trump.

Correct. I don't think it's blatantly racist. I think there are racial implications, but I think it's much more probable that it's anti-muslim and he just threw in AOC because she's loud and annoying (to him) like the muslim reps.

I think you would agree that Trump wasn't envisioning Nigeria, Brazil, Puerto Rico, or South Africa when he said that. He was thinking about all of the countries surrounding the Red Sea/Persian Gulf.

I could be wrong. I fully understand that I could be. I just didn't read it to be racist, near as much as xenophobic.

Correct. I don't think it's blatantly racist. I think there are racist implications, but I think it's much more probable that it's anti-muslim and he just threw in AOC because she's loud and annoying (to him) like the muslim reps.

I think you would agree that Trump wasn't envisioning Nigeria, Brazil, Puerto Rico, or South Africa when he said that. He was thinking about all of the countries surrounding the Red Sea/Persian Gulf.

I could be wrong. I fully understand that I could be. I just didn't read it to be racist near as much as xenophobic.

Trump's xenophobia is purely racial though. He has no problem with White Norwegians but anybody who isn't White whether they are American or not he has a problem with. That is except for those non-White's who stroke his ego in the right way or fill his pockets.

• 1 month later...

What are you doing, biting on that? Balloon guy was an artist when it came to baiting leftists, but Essay? You're better than that, Dubey.

He misses me so he's trying to fill the void with a sugar substitute ( that's you suited )

• Like 3
  • 2 years later...