The Trump Presidency Thread

90 % of voters who self identify as members of the GOP approve of Trump. Every poll shows the same thing. His support among Republicans is higher than any recent President.

Even if your number of 90% was correct, what you said was still wrong. The latest Gallup poll says 87% approve of the job he's doing. That's totally separate from being a member of "the Trump cult" which is what you claimed.

I'm not in the GOP, but I have generally approved of the job Trump is doing. I hate him as a person and I am fully still on the #NeverTrump team, and there are millions of people in the 87% who agree with me. Basically every host on CRTV is anti-Trump as a person and as a standard bearer for conservative ideals. That doesn't have anything to do with the fact that we still disagree with abortion, think Israel should be able to name their own capital, and think that the EU, Mexico, Canada, and China have been taking advantage of us financially for decades.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He misses me so he's trying to fill the void with a sugar substitute ( that's you suited )

I've had it.   He did not ****ing dispute the story   He made a statement about things that weren't in the ****ing story which means he confirmed the ****ing story.   Jesus Jumping Jimmeny Chris

he should throw a gay person off a building while he's there or kill someone for drawing a cartoon. really get into the spirit of being a muslim.

Been on vacation for the past week so I really have been limited to my phone, but I actually forgot all about this, so thanks for reminding me.

I'm back home tomorrow so I'll happily go into more detail then.

I should note that I stand zero chance of convincing Brvy that I'm not a religious bigot despite the fact that his last reply to Bob confirmed what I was arguing about all along. Which is that the religious right will happily stamp their approval of Trump and everything that comes along with him (racism, misogyny, discriminatory policies, etc.) so long as their socially conservative agenda is furthered

Insert Jesus is watching comment.

But because I didn't elaborate on it and because it was in the same reply as something unrelated (wiki), Brvy refuses to believe anything other than I was cutting him down for being a Christian.

It wasn't generalizations against all Christians, it was directed specifically at a group of people who call themselves Christians, but are really just hypocrites.

GOP economic orthodoxy used to be that cutting taxes is the answer to everything and that deficits are really bad while not actually having policies that do anything about deficits while also being for free trade since that is a really good thing.

Trumpkin orthodoxy is still that cutting taxes is still the answer to everything but that trade is really bad.

Brvy is showing the change while claiming to be anti Trump he's flipped on the whole free trade is good thing based on his absurd comment about everybody sticking it to the US economically.

As I claimed before he was elected Trump is an economic moron and it's actually worse than I feared. I'm pretty sure Brvy and others claimed that big bad businessman Trump couldn't possibly not understand macroeconomics or how to actually manage a large organization since he was you know rich and ran a family real estate business.

don't forget that Trump's entire business and family are surrounded by criminals

Tim O'Brien

‏@TimOBrien

It's been busy, but this also happened recently: The Justice Department sued Ivanka Trump’s former business partner, Moshe Lax, for allegedly defrauding the IRS and others of $60 million in tax payments. https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/08/17/ivanka-trump-business-partner-justice-department-lawsuit-moshe-lax-219369

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Donald J. Trump

‏@realDonaldTrump

....Lightly looked at doing a building somewhere in Russia. Put up zero money, zero guarantees and didn’t do the project. Witch Hunt!

4:59 AM - 30 Nov 2018

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Suited, if you think pointing out obvious hypocrisy works against the left, you're nuts.

Suited, if you think pointing out obvious hypocrisy works against the left, you're nuts.

the hypocrisy of the so called moral Christians in the US is the most off the charts possible. Everything about Trump's history and life should make him poison to people who consider personal morality as important.

Pedophiles and rapists aren't right or left. Epstein is both without question and he knows an awful lot of others which is where things could get interesting.

Trump and Epstein were part of the same social circle in both New York and Palm Beach. Hell they were the only two people at a party at Mar A Lago other than the 20 or so "models" who were brought to the party.

Bill Clinton has a connection to Epstein so I guess we're going to see where all this goes.

What I really want to know is where Epstein got his money because his story about how he got it doesn't seem plausible.

the hypocrisy of the so called moral Christians in the US is the most off the charts possible. Everything about Trump's history and life should make him poison to people who consider personal morality as important.

I don't know a single Christian that likes Trump from a personal standpoint. (and I have the largest group of actual Christian acquaintances and friends on this board, not just people that say they are "catholic" or "Methodist" but go to church once every 10 years, but actual Christ followers)

Most despise his character. Although I have heard people make excuses for various things (not the worst, but some stuff like mild racism or something). Just because Bill Maher says something doesn't make it reality.

I don't know a single Christian that likes Trump from a personal standpoint. (and I have the largest group of actual Christian acquaintances and friends on this board, not just people that say they are "catholic" or "Methodist" but go to church once every 10 years, but actual Christ followers)

Most despise his character. Although I have heard people make excuses for various things (not the worst, but some stuff like mild racism or something). Just because Bill Maher says something doesn't make it reality.

then why are his poll numbers so high among Evangelicals and some of his biggest supports are people like Franklin Graham and Jerry Fallwell Jr ?

then why are his poll numbers so high among Evangelicals and some of his biggest supports are people like Franklin Graham and Jerry Fallwell Jr ?

because the only other choice is embracing communism.