The Trump Presidency Thread

Today is the day. Up until now, it's all been smoke and mirrors, but for Trump to actually start attacking the FBI? This is the beginning of the end. They are going to take him down, through any means necessary. He is screwed.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-05-12/trump-escalates-fbi-fight-with-comey-attack-the-fbi-fights-back

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He misses me so he's trying to fill the void with a sugar substitute ( that's you suited )

I've had it.   He did not ****ing dispute the story   He made a statement about things that weren't in the ****ing story which means he confirmed the ****ing story.   Jesus Jumping Jimmeny Chris

he should throw a gay person off a building while he's there or kill someone for drawing a cartoon. really get into the spirit of being a muslim.

If it's true that the FBI is on his tail, they (the FBI) will double down after Comey got tossed.

If there's anything about Comey that speaks to the nature of his integrity, it's this:

Some months back, Liberals were calling for his head, sobbing that he was in the bag for the Republicans because he revealed that Hillary Clinton's Arabian sidekick had potentially trafficked in illegal classified information by way of a pedophilia investigation into her Jewish husband.

Now, Conservatives are ****ing him over, claiming he is "disloyal" to their agendas.

The surest sign of 'integrity' is when you have no friends among the partisans. History will judge the Comey firing harsh as ****.

If Democrats mop up in the mid terms but the impeachment line on Trump doesn't immediately adjust for this, might want a taste.

This is from 2014 and is a real tweet from Trump and is conclusive proof that we are all living in some alternative reality fever dream.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account

@realDonaldTrump

If you read my last number of tweets, only one opinion can be formed - that our President, and therefore "leader," is grossly incompetent!

Too bad an evil moron like Sessions is in charge of the DOJ.

The Economist‏Verified account @TheEconomist 5h5 hours ago

The positive experience of states that have legalised marijuana has led to growing public support for the reform http://econ.st/2qeWIvp

C_ryrHKUMAEuFUr.jpg

If it's true that the FBI is on his tail, they (the FBI) will double down after Comey got tossed.

If there's anything about Comey that speaks to the nature of his integrity, it's this:

Some months back, Liberals were calling for his head, sobbing that he was in the bag for the Republicans because he revealed that Hillary Clinton's Arabian sidekick had potentially trafficked in illegal classified information by way of a pedophilia investigation into her Jewish husband.

Now, Conservatives are ****ing him over, claiming he is "disloyal" to their agendas.

The surest sign of 'integrity' is when you have no friends among the partisans. History will judge the Comey firing harsh as ****.

If Democrats mop up in the mid terms but the impeachment line on Trump doesn't immediately adjust for this, might want a taste.

I have to say I don't totally disagree, integrity in Washington should get you hated by all sides.

I heard a guy saying his handling of the Hillary email announcement were the bravest thing he could do, knowing he was probably going to get fired, but by stating the case, then deciding not to pursue it he kept himself from in effect crowning Trump . And he knew the perception would be negative from the "Lock her up" crowd.

The real guilty party that is escaping notice is Clinton Inc. EVERYTHING they touch, everything the do, everything they control, has corruption and slime all around it. They destroy everything for personal power, money and ego.

One interesting point of all this was that there was no leak on the firing, which means they've isolated the leaks and are keeping them out of the loop, and/or feeding them what they want.

Been too busy golfing and working to notice any new scandal wrt FBI. So I'm saying this with absolutely no knowledge except for the firing. Having clarified that, I am 98% sure that this is not going to bring down Trump, and it will also likely be disproven in about 3-4 days.

At least that's how 100% of all the rest of the "We've Got Him Now" stories have gone, so it's pretty safe.

Democrat Chicken Little gotta Chicken Little it.

haven't you heard, brvy. democracy is over. we live in a dictatorship now, and with comey fired, there's no way we'll ever know the truth.

So wait, Trump's coup last week worked?

He's in charge now?

Awesome

Hi vb! Good to see you around.

Don't encourage him.

He needs to focus on his work.

He's scanning for brains in democrats.

So far, no luck.

• Like 2

I don't understand enough about the TPP to have a credible opinion.

I also don't trust what the media says as being anything other than the reflection of certain interests who either fund them or share idealogical allegiance with the folks in charge. "Media" is not a credible entity for much, in the current year, so whatever the CNN analysis is, you can usually disregard it entirely, or just fade it and assume the exact opposite is true.

I don't think most people commenting on TPP understand much about it, either. At least not the finer details that hugely ****ing matter.

Article vs Article, Study vs Study, Right Wing Media Ghetto vs Left Wing Media Ghetto, Twitter Post vs Twitter Post, it's not a fact-dense process. It's blowhards and hot air.

I'm interesting in learning about the actual trade balance that TPP offered. Did we get ****ed for 10 Sheckles on (X) only to make 20 Sheckles on (Y)?

These sorts of things are driven by the most intelligent, most cunning, most ruthless people alive, who all understand the mechanisms of their own interests in such a way that an 'outsider' cannot possibly fathom. This is all 3d Chess, yet sideliners get little factoids and argue it on an infinitely less informed level.

I don't understand enough about the TPP to have a credible opinion.

I also don't trust what the media says as being anything other than the reflection of certain interests who either fund them or share idealogical allegiance with the folks in charge. "Media" is not a credible entity for much, in the current year, so whatever the CNN analysis is, you can usually disregard it entirely, or just fade it and assume the exact opposite is true.

I don't think most people commenting on TPP understand much about it, either. At least not the finer details that hugely ****ing matter.

Article vs Article, Study vs Study, Right Wing Media Ghetto vs Left Wing Media Ghetto, Twitter Post vs Twitter Post, it's not a fact-dense process. It's blowhards and hot air.

I'm interesting in learning about the actual trade balance that TPP offered. Did we get ****ed for 10 Sheckles on (X) only to make 20 Sheckles on (Y)?

These sorts of things are driven by the most intelligent, most cunning, most ruthless people alive, who all understand the mechanisms of their own interests in such a way that an 'outsider' cannot possibly fathom. This is all 3d Chess, yet sideliners get little factoids and argue it on an infinitely less informed level.

Here's one analysis of TPP

Economics of the Trans-Pacific Partnership: Distributional impact

On the whole, the results show significant benefits from TPP. We project member-country incomes to rise by $465 billion (1.1%) and exports by $1,025 billion (11.5%) annually by 2030, when the agreement is nearly fully implemented. The US will gain the most in absolute terms ($131 billion), led by a 9.1% increase in exports, and Vietnam will gain the most in relative terms, with an 8.1% increase in real incomes. But other members will also benefit, with substantial gains estimated for Japan, Malaysia, and Canada. The model suggests modest trade-diversion, with effects on non-members ranging from slightly positive for the EU to slightly negative for China.2

Conclusion

As are all modern trade agreements, TPP is controversial. But recent opposition in the US has grown especially strong, with concerns focused on the economic effects of TPP on vulnerable groups. Our analysis is reassuring in this regard. The gains from TPP appear to be fairly distributed—labour will gain relative to capital, and cost reductions will favour low-income households. Some workers will need to change jobs, but they constitute a small fraction of normal job churn in any given year, and the national benefits argue for generous compensation for their adjustment costs. The agreement will also benefit workers in TPP’s poorest member countries.

Still, the distribution of gains and losses will be unequal, as is often the case for efficiency-enhancing policies and innovations. This is not an argument against TPP—the ratio of benefits to costs is highly favourable—but underscores the need to manage it. TPP crystallises a central challenge of contemporary economic life; various current labour market outcomes are unfair and, absent more effective policy responses, undermine support for economic integration even in traditionally market-oriented economies like the US.

https://i.imgur.com/OLpIuc3.mp4

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account

@realDonaldTrump

The real scandal here is that classified information is illegally given out by "intelligence" like candy. Very un-American!

Already disproven, by the only named source in the story.

Of course McMasters could be a Russian agent.....

Remember when newspapers used to at least try to get corroboration before they ran a story with an anonymous source?

Good times

Already disproven, by the only named source in the story.

Of course McMasters could be a Russian agent.....

I've had it.

He did not ****ing dispute the story

He made a statement about things that weren't in the ****ing story which means he confirmed the ****ing story.

Jesus Jumping Jimmeny Christ

• Like 3

anytime I need a good laugh, I just come read a BG post.

you gotta give him credit though. he really does commit.

Conor Friedersdorf‏Verified account @conor64 4h4 hours ago

Conor Friedersdorf Retweeted Josh Marshall

Tonight on @FoxNews, a Banghazi update from @seanhannity, and @TuckerCarlson asks gotcha questions to a gender studies professor

I've had it.

He did not ****ing dispute the story

He made a statement about things that weren't in the ****ing story which means he confirmed the ****ing story.

Jesus Jumping Jimmeny Christ

More fake news, shocking that nobody listens.