The Trump Presidency Thread

Meals on Wheels uses government money to prime the pump and then thousands of people volunteer their time and efforts to really help people. I think it's important to drill down to see what exactly the results are when programs are cut. It's easy to ignore the EPA being cut by 3200 employees but easier to understand something like Meals on Wheels being cut since it helps so many people at a fairly low cost.

Steph Haberman‏Verified account

@StephLauren

Trump cutting funding to Meals on Wheels, which delivers food to homebound, needy elderly https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/15/us/politics/budget-epa-state-department-cuts.html?_r=0

C7AE-ZpW0AALyXZ.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He misses me so he's trying to fill the void with a sugar substitute ( that's you suited )

I've had it.   He did not ****ing dispute the story   He made a statement about things that weren't in the ****ing story which means he confirmed the ****ing story.   Jesus Jumping Jimmeny Chris

he should throw a gay person off a building while he's there or kill someone for drawing a cartoon. really get into the spirit of being a muslim.

tax cuts on the rich...of course there are tax cuts - across the board. the man ran on tax cuts, the people, you know the actual citizens who vote in our country, put in a new congress and new president on the basis of tax cuts, border security and changing the direction of the country!!

it is a happy day and one long over due! Now as soon as we can get the SC justice seated we can over turn the BS judges from the left coast and start fixing the immigration problems.

business taxes, estate, income they will drop money gets freed up to work instead of being pissed away. the budget cuts cant happen fast enough, I wish every department but defense and homeland security was cut by at least 15% but it is better then nothing.

Holy shit this budget.

lol. It's like a parody of...

Hahaha. The cuts, the cuts... the cuts to legal aid for poor people and meals for the fucking elderly, and science and art...

The increase in the already ludicrous military budget...

lol. Oh my god this country...

lol.

To keep things in perspective.

Christopher Ingraham‏Verified account @_cingraham 13h13 hours ago

For the cost to taxpayers of one weekend golf trip to Mar-a-Lago (approx. 3,300,000), Trump could provide Meals on Wheels to 461,538 seniors

After this weekend (5 Mar-a-Lago trips), Trump will have spent equivalent of 2.3 million meals for needy seniors on golf trips to Florida

Elliott Lusztig‏ @ezlusztig 1d1 day ago

Cost of security for Trump Tower: $183 million/year

Budget for National Endowment Arts/Humanities: $148 million/year

Let them eat diamonds.

C7CdqqYXAAIvvn6.jpg

I think we can all relate to Angela Merkel's reaction to Trump.

I wonder what somebody like her with a PHD in Chemistry thinks about somebody as ignorant as Trump with his 5th grade vocabulary and disdain for proven facts.

C7KoGzQU8AA6OPz.jpg

Why do academics pretty much always seem to suck so bad at actually doing business?

In Germany, we can see pretty flawlessly what happens when you let an academic run your country. They engage in incredibly dangerous and destructive, deeply naive policies because of academic theories that will eventually show themselves a failure, but academics enjoy the endless academic loop where they can always justify academia failing in reality with even more academia.

People who think academics are great intellectuals are kinda like people who think that cops are all highly trained marksmen. Yo don't know what you don't know.

• Like 2

The same thing most academics think... how unfair is this world when somebody as smart and talented as myself is dwarfed in everything I do by this Neanderthal...it why academics and liberals in general are such underachievers.

Why do academics pretty much always seem to suck so bad at actually doing business?

In Germany, we can see pretty flawlessly what happens when you let an academic run your country. They engage in incredibly dangerous and destructive, deeply naive policies because of academic theories that will eventually show themselves a failure, but academics enjoy the endless academic loop where they can always justify academia failing in reality with even more academia.

People who think academics are great intellectuals are kinda like people who think that cops are all highly trained marksmen. Yo don't know what you don't know.

you really have no clue do you about Merkel's history or Germany ?

ah yes the tough as nails leader of Germany and Europe for the last 12 years who grew up in East Germany under the communists is just an academic because she is among the small percentage of people smart enough to get a PHD in chemistry.

she is far from perfect and a lot of German policies are bad for Europe as a whole but to dismiss her as just an academic is laughable.

After reading some of this thread, I have created a list. It is a list, from lowest to highest, of the ratio of how smart people think they are to how smart they actually are.

• Avg Person
  • Doctors

|------------------------ |

|------------------------ | <------------------ a small chasm

|------------------------ |

• An Avg Atheist

| ------------------------------------- |

| ------------------------------------- | <---------------- a massive chasm (spademan is probably in here somewhere)

• Balloon Guy

you really have no clue do you about Merkel's history or Germany ?

ah yes the tough as nails leader of Germany and Europe for the last 12 years who grew up in East Germany under the communists is just an academic because she is among the small percentage of people smart enough to get a PHD in chemistry.

she is far from perfect and a lot of German policies are bad for Europe as a whole but to dismiss her as just an academic is laughable.

I see.

So you first you appeal to innate intellectual authority by citing her as an academic whereas Trump is "just a businessman."

One points out that academics are often retards and she is, in fact, actively engaged in idealistic policies that border on lunacy thus totally confirming the 'naive, ivory-tower academic' stereotype, you say no no no, see, she's more than an academic!

AND Y U NO KNOW HISTORY!!!!!!

Y U NO KNOW TRUE FACTS!!!!

Y U NO USE LOGIC LIKE ME!!!

... which is what usually comes next.

Here's an interesting question. Why are academics and great intellectuals so rarely great poker players?

Remember when the boom was going hard, man, we had every sort and type the nosebleeds were dominated by people without any lavish academic background, if any academic background at all.

Why do you suppose that is? Here's a hint: academics under-perform, everywhere, outside of academia.

If they possessed the needed intelligence types to perform, they would be performers and not academics.

There are a lot of people who are smart enough to get a PhD in Chemistry who have their paychecks signed by people who probably couldn't get a PhD in chemistry, but know how to leverage their skills as part of an enterprise.

Disclaimer: I voted for Sanders and do not like Trump.

I see.

So you first you appeal to innate intellectual authority by citing her as an academic whereas Trump is "just a businessman."

no, I pointed out a smart person with a ton of experience having to deal with a not smart person. The fact that Trump is a real estate developer and reality TV Show star aren't why he's ignorant and lacking in knowledge. It's because he has little understanding or knowledge of foreign affairs or government or anything to do with public policy and he lacks both the interest and ability to gain that knowledge.

He understands both government and 'foreign affairs'.

It's just that he's a legit change/shakeup candidate the likes of which nobody here has seen in our lifetimes, so whenever he makes changes or proposes policy drastic shifts, people say 'he's wrong' and there's always a study to back any claim up, but it's not necessarily true.

This all seems strange since 'do nothing, more of the same' has been the default American policy on everything for the past 40 years. So, take North Korea.

Nobody, anywhere, believes the norks are capable of a sustained battle against a major power, never mind the United States. What they have going for them is a nuke and a madman. It's sort of like a retard who somehow got a hold of a pistol. The retard would not survive for a second after he started shooting, but the problem is he could still kill some people, so you find yourself constantly saying "Nice retard... Nice retard..." and hoping he doesn't shoot, because you'd rather nobody get shot and you don't want to deal with shooting a retard.

The retard now realizes that he has power, so he starts pointing his gun and demanding things. From time to time, the retard fires off a shot and everyone flinches and says "Nice retard... Nice retard... Don't get mad, retard... Nice retard..."

Eventually, you realize that your only option is to get rid of the armed retard unless you want to live your life answering to an armed retard.

Retard Rights advocates will protest you and whoever is in office will receive blowback from the opposing party who will accuse them of being a warmonger, academics will propose studies that say its all wrong but there comes a point (probably here soon) where the right thing to do is make the retard with the gun to no longer be a consideration.

Trump is the kind of guy who would do that.

Is he wrong?

Bob,

Declaring definitively Trump's level of knowledge, ability to gain knowledge, and desire for they knowledge, is why you lefties are failing around the world politically.

There is no restriction on your hubris to make declarative statements about things you are basing on subjective opinions, and not empirical facts.

Trump is an idiot, Bush was an idiot, Palin, Romney, everyone who disagrees in fact.

Somehow you guys think the pattern is only right thinking people are smart, not reality that you guys are group think warriors.

Turkey just threatened to use immigration as a weapon against the west.

But the left screams we must take in all immigrants or we're racist.

We have a $10t debt, doubled under last administration, which means the current budget is out of whack.

Yet proposed cut's are bad?

Even cuts in the things they have no conditional requirement to perform?

I for one think the world needs the US to cut back defensively just to let the bad people remind the world why a strong military is the responsible countries identifier.

But then again the suffering caused by the lefties policies would be terrible. So I understand why we have to continue to protect a world filed with leftist idiots.

But raising up Merkel as the smart counter leader to Trump is really a perfect example of willingness to force a very large round peg into a square hole.