b5988bd893c34e5521f4ff15865b9f20.gif

f1cb3213249c849827956a72442401f6.gif

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He misses me so he's trying to fill the void with a sugar substitute ( that's you suited )

I've had it.   He did not ****ing dispute the story   He made a statement about things that weren't in the ****ing story which means he confirmed the ****ing story.   Jesus Jumping Jimmeny Chris

he should throw a gay person off a building while he's there or kill someone for drawing a cartoon. really get into the spirit of being a muslim.

sad but the country but it seems as if the country needs another terror attack to refocus...after 911 this never would have happened Bleeding hearts are gonna bleed, things get soft...the US gets attacked, things get fixed. Rinse and repeat, I wish we could learn lesson the easy way once in a while.

There it is

• Like 1

sad but the country but it seems as if the country needs another terror attack to refocus...after 911 this never would have happened Bleeding hearts are gonna bleed, things get soft...the US gets attacked, things get fixed. Rinse and repeat, I wish we could learn lesson the easy way once in a while.

wow makes u think

Andy Griffith made a movie in 1957 with Elia Kazan called "Face in the Crowd" about a man who becomes famous, then uses the media to building a following of retards (who he cynically views as retards but also sees how easily he can exploit them) and ultimately, gains power and influence.

Here's Andy on a TV morning show in 1972 talking about it.

Cue to 9:46 if it doesn't automatically cue.

Andy Griffith made a movie in 1957 with Elia Kazan called "Face in the Crowd" about a man who becomes famous, then uses the media to building a following of retards (who he cynically views as retards but also sees how easily he can exploit them) and ultimately, gains power and influence.

Here's Andy on a TV morning show in 1972 talking about it.

Cue to 9:46 if it doesn't automatically cue.

I guess the populace in the fictional story were smarter in the end than the current American populace.

One thing that always dumbfounds me is any stories about the 'planning' or intelligence of the terrorists.

If they had any brains, they would pull way back and stay quiet for a year or two, and they could then have another decade of killing innocent women and children while the west argues the merits of multi-culturalism. ( there are only food related ones )

But instead they commit atrocities on a regular basis, keeping our 'fear' or 'hate' alive.

If they accomplish anything remotely on the scale of 9-11, there will be a US military that is led by someone who is willing to ignore the optics/press/liberal's feelings.

There are some who want this, some who fear this, and some ready to exploit this.

But the blame will fall on the terrorist, not those above waiting to react to their actions.

2008:

The left: We must stop the overreaching of the government from their spying on its citizens

The right: Pfft. Did you hear that on Wikileaks?

2017:

The right: We need to stop the overreaching of the government from their spying on its citizens

The left: Pfft. Did you hear that on Wikileaks?

Last week:

The left: We have proof from transcripts of phone conversations that Flynn was talking to the Russians

This week:

The left: Nobody is wiretapping anyone.

1980s:

The right: The Russians are coming, you have to vote for us to stop them.

2017s:

The left: The Russians are coming, you have to vote for us to stop them.

logical conclusion: Left/right American tribalism is stupid and hugely detrimental to the country as a whole.

BG's conclusion: Right rules, Left drools.

One thing that always dumbfounds me is any stories about the 'planning' or intelligence of the terrorists.

If they had any brains, they would pull way back and stay quiet for a year or two, and they could then have another decade of killing innocent women and children while the west argues the merits of multi-culturalism. ( there are only food related ones )

But instead they commit atrocities on a regular basis, keeping our 'fear' or 'hate' alive.

I hope you realize that the goal isn't the death of individuals but exactly what I've highlighted in your statement. The Terrorists win when we are so fearful that we make fundemental changes that we wouldn't make otherwise.

I don't think you understand what the word logical means.

And you may pretend you're centrist and you make call yourself a centrist but you are a far left liberal.

In fact you are much farther left of center than I am right of center.

But good try pretending you are taking the high ground in the debate. You've revealed your world view too many times to make this absurd claim of being above the fray.

Quick make a witty post where you look down your nose and act incredulous that anyone could believe anything you disagree with.

Edit: Bob snuck his post in and I'm on my phone so not young to fix it.

• Like 1

I hope you realize that the goal isn't the death of individuals but exactly what I've highlighted in your statement. The Terrorists win when we are so fearful that we make fundemental changes that we wouldn't make otherwise.

Although a pithy statement, the terrorist do not judge their win/lose record on these esoteric concepts.

They want the entire world under Islam, and anything less is to be destroyed.

We can in fact hate the terrorist actions, fear the future actions, and adjust our way of life, while killing them whenever they stick their head up, and remain true to our way of life, culture, and world view

You don't get along with cancer, you kill it, and then heal and get healthy. Cancer free is the goal, not cancer friendly.

I don't think you understand what the word logical means.

And you may pretend you're centrist and you make call yourself a centrist but you are a far left liberal.

In fact you are much farther left of center than I am right of center.

But good try pretending you are taking the high ground in the debate. You've revealed your world view too many times to make this absurd claim of being above the fray.

Quick make a witty post where you look down your nose and act incredulous that anyone could believe anything you disagree with.

I'm not centrist, I've never claimed to be. I am extremely left-leaning. I'm a liberal Canadian. Our conservatives are more left leaning than your liberals.

I hope you aren't so ignorant that you think having liberal values and being left leaning is the same thing as being a member of the American left, which is part of the broken American political system and clearly the antagonist to your life story. That which can do no right and is to blame for everything that is wrong in the world, and is the instant punching bag any time somebody dares criticize any republican.

Fact is, conservative and liberal people outside of the bubble that is American politics (and it is a bubble, don't kid yourself) pretty much unanimously agree that Trump is an idiot. Your response to any anti-trump criticism is pretty much mouth-frothing tribalism railing against "the left". "The Left" may as well be the eye of Sauron to hear you tell the story.

So yeah, I can snub my nose at the political landscape in America that leads to people like you (on both sides) who are incapable of having an intelligent conversation because every single issue is a partisan issue, and your opinion is already pre-decided regardless of the facts, based purely on which team you are on.

It actually works well for both of them, so this edit is unnecessary.

I don't know, I try not to pigeon hole all Canadians into the same mold...There's one in our weekly poker game that is a pretty big Trump supporter. He, like most Canadians, counts every single day he is in the US because after 6 months they get taxed for being here. And they want to stay away from Canada every minute they can.

It actually works well for both of them, so this edit is unnecessary.

I don't think Americans realize how much of an outlier the Republican Party and American politics is today compared to other Western democracies. Only in the US would I be considered anything other than centre-right in most of my positions.

It's pretty amazing when people like Tom Nicols or James Pethokoukis are accused of being lefties because they put country before party and don't tow the tribal party line.

This is a pretty good example of that type of thinking.

Charles C. W. Cooke‏Verified account @charlescwcooke 22h22 hours ago

I’ve yet to read a single positive analysis of the House’s Obamacare bill.

Carol Bannon‏

@MAcatholicmom

@charlescwcooke try going 2 a conservative source? Open up your reading habits 2 include those w/ whom u would naturally dismiss

Charles C. W. Cooke‏Verified account

@charlescwcooke

Charles C. W. Cooke Retweeted Carol Bannon

I’m the editor of National Review Online.

The Unites States has been the world leader for almost 100 years, I don't think you understand how little we care about what you think of us. Trump got elected because to many of our citizens were tired of our leaders attempting to follow others countries standards and not leading...it is fairly simple. We lead, you follow - you want to change that step up to the plate big boy, get your troops ready get your money and be ready to make hard choices...you know the ones 4 or 5 generations of the world have been cowering behind the US so they don't have make them.

BTW we don't care where you consider your politics on a world scale, you are obsessed with our election and government, you get judged on our scale.

The Unites States has been the world leader for almost 100 years, I don't think you understand how little we care about what you think of us. Trump got elected because to many of our citizens were tired of our leaders attempting to follow others countries standards and not leading...it is fairly simple. We lead, you follow - you want to change that step up to the plate big boy, get your troops ready get your money and be ready to make hard choices...you know the ones 4 or 5 generations of the world have been cowering behind the US so they don't have make them.

BTW we don't care where you consider your politics on a world scale, you are obsessed with our election and government, you get judged on our scale.

lol