The Trump Presidency Thread

This is uncomfortable to watch, lol. There's a bunch like this on the internet. Trump is awkward and terrible at handshakes.

lookatme.gif

I think he read in a book at some point that you can use an overly firm handshake to exert dominance, then just took it 4 steps too far in his day to day life.

compensating for his tiny hands

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He misses me so he's trying to fill the void with a sugar substitute ( that's you suited )

I've had it.   He did not ****ing dispute the story   He made a statement about things that weren't in the ****ing story which means he confirmed the ****ing story.   Jesus Jumping Jimmeny Chris

he should throw a gay person off a building while he's there or kill someone for drawing a cartoon. really get into the spirit of being a muslim.

Both Bush appointed judges that have had to make a ruling on this have upheld blocking the ban so far. But keep that narrative that it's all about snowflake libtards going and not that GoP hasn't taken a hard right into a ditch. /s

Your delusional. This is about our Constitution and Law and is serious stuff.

"CNN Legal Analyst Paul Callan argued that the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals’

ruling against President Trump’s immigration order said the state of

Washington “is the representative of virtually anybody across the world who’s

not an American citizen. And it extends, in some respects, the constitutional

rights of Americans, that only Americans are persons in the United States, to

the world.” And that the court “overreached.”

Judge Robart original ruling contains absolutely no discussion whatsoever of

what law or constitutional provision the president has supposedly violated.

The appeals court should have returned it to Robart's court with the

instructions give us something to work with.

On February 3 Massachusetts District Court Judge Nathaniel Gorton (a real

Judge) who applied The Immigration and Nationality Act (“INA”), 8 U.S.C. §

1101 declined to impose any injunctive relief and did not renew the temporary

restraining order that was entered on January 29, 2017.

Judge Gorton Ruling

https://www.scribd.c...-Al-v-Trump-Et-

https://www.scribd.c...EtAl#from_embed

As far as Bush appointments you need to study up. James Robart was chosen by Democrat Sen. Patty Murray and appointed by Bush which happens quite often. But if you study the history of Judges, they do not always rule from the bench the way people thought they would.

As I pointed out to you before that Obamacare mandate was ruled unconstituional 5-4 and the medicare provision was ruled unconstitutional 7-2. But Chief Justice Roberts who told Pres. Obama that he just called balls and strike, widened the strike zone and rewrote Obamacare. He moved the mandate to be a tax and rewrote the medicade provision as Justice Ginsburg pointed out.

Another Bush appointee going Rouge.

Chris Matthews

Temp meet with Japanese PM, ya think they were talking about how Japan has outlawed all Muslim immigrants and not one leftist has protested them for this?

Temp meet with Japanese PM, ya think they were talking about how Japan has outlawed all Muslim immigrants and not one leftist has protested them for this?

So you're saying people care more about things that are happening close to home and are getting media attention and aren't outraged over something happening halfway across the world that they probably didn't know about? shocking.

You can find hypocrisy in literally any statement or belief if you try hard enough.

Is the 9th circuit the most liberal (and thus overturned)?

tldr:

1. Based on this measure, it is statistically unjustifiable to say that it is any different from the other circuits.

2. The Supreme Court gets to pick and choose which cases they take on. I think the common idea is that the Supreme Court isn't going to take on a case unless there is real chance of overturning a ruling, so the numbers are skewed higher.

--

So given this has a higher than normal chance of being picked up by the SC, given the nature of the case it's probably coinflip, if they elect to hear the case, how the judgment comes down.

But the again the government needs to step up their argument from "just because Trump said so" and I assume that unanimous decisions are versed less often

--

And if this "totally not a ban" ban was serious about excluding terrorists then they shouldn't block green cards, maybe students , etc. ie the rhetoric is about refugees so why not just block them.?

Steve Bannon acquired a stake in the TV show, Seinfeld.

Steve Bannon funded a right wing alternative news outlet that meaningfully influenced the democratic election in the most powerful country in the world.

Steve Bannon now sits at the absolute apex of human power, as one of the most influential men on planet earth.

Steve Bannon is:

A) Completely Dumb

B) Somewhat Dumb

C) Average Intelligence

D) High Intelligence

E) Extreme Intelligence

F) Far-Outlying Intelligence

You forgot

G) Lucky

Read Fooled by Randomness. Then come back to this thread and keep trying to convince yourself he's the "far-outlying" [sic] being you're hoping he is so you can continue to justify your own racist viewpoints by associating them with 'genius'.

A classic mistake ideologues always wind up making is writing off genius adversaries as being 'evil'.

The problem you have before you in Bannon isn't 'evil'.

'Evil' is dirt cheap and easy to come by.

Your problem is 'genius' because apparently, the left has absolutely nobody in the stable that can counteract the guy, meaning that they're reduced to belittling themselves with whining and tantrums.

This is all rather interesting to observe as the American left has enjoyed cultural supremacy for so long that they've lost the ability to argue their positions in the context of right and wrong, since it's much easier to do it from the basis of 'good' and 'bad' when the cultural mores are yours. Intellectually, they've become like campground dumpster bears who are unable to feed themselves since they're so accustomed to people blindly agreeing with them, suddenly thrust into an area where the dumpsters are fewer and farther between.

They're the 'bad' ones, we're the 'good' ones.

They're the 'intolerant' ones, we're the 'tolerant' ones.

They're the 'bigots', we're the 'accepting' ones.

That's how it's been for a generation or so and that was all they needed. Now that saying 'racist' doesn't really work anymore (much to the relief of scientific racists like Dubey), it boils down to ideas and there, they have a problem.

Because a bloated propagandist helped a joke of a candidate win an election against the one opponent said joke could beat in a general election does not make said propagandist a 'genius'. Motivating the masses via hate is a political tactic as old as time.

The "left" has become accustomed to "people blindly agreeing with them" because, yes, the majority of humans agree that being judged based upon the actions of outliers in one's ethnic grouping isn't fair and because, yes, quite simply, capitalism is easier for those who have access to capital, and those who don't have access (to capital) are *very* self-aware whereas those who do often aren't self-aware.

Also, calling racists "racist" still works every single time. It's not an ideological battle. It's sheltered stupidity vs. wide-eyed awareness. At a personal level, everyone knows that racist thoughts are wrong--again, because no one likes being judged on the basis of others' actions. It only becomes comfortable when groupthink takes over and people start to feel good about blaming broad demographics for their lot in life.

I feel like most of you guys who are still here defending this ridiculous notion of a political party are doing so because of your religion, mostly.

• Like 1

Because a bloated propagandist helped a joke of a candidate win an election against the one opponent said joke could beat in a general election does not make said propagandist a 'genius'. Motivating the masses via hate is a political tactic as old as time.

The "left" has become accustomed to "people blindly agreeing with them" because, yes, the majority of humans agree that being judged based upon the actions of outliers in one's ethnic grouping isn't fair and because, yes, quite simply, capitalism is easier for those who have access to capital, and those who don't have access (to capital) are *very* self-aware whereas those who do often aren't self-aware.

Also, calling racists "racist" still works every single time. It's not an ideological battle. It's sheltered stupidity vs. wide-eyed awareness. At a personal level, everyone knows that racist thoughts are wrong--again, because no one likes being judged on the basis of others' actions. It only becomes comfortable when groupthink takes over and people start to feel good about blaming broad demographics for their lot in life.

I feel like most of you guys who are still here defending this ridiculous notion of a political party are doing so because of your religion, mostly.

Joe Sobran coined the term "Alienism" to recognize the other side of the coin that was the opposite of Xenophobia.

If you hated and feared foriegners, you were a xenophobe but if you fetishized them, well, you're an alienist... The left isn't about 'fighting racism'. It's become the inverse of that. That is its banner but in practice, the left is all about aggressively fetishizing race.

If there are legitimate 'racists' who hate others solely on the basis of race, so are there people (many, many more) who fetishize minority races and have used the whole matter of race as a political maypole to spin around and coalition-build. That's basically the entire modern left.

Grievance mongering has become their sole bullshit offering. That the reason the Space Program is full of white guys is because of 'racism' and join us to help fight that so one day, we can build the gender-equal, LGBTQ Friendly, racially diverse NASA that the world deserves and we can finally put that black woman on Mars.

It's become a religion. It's bullshit. Don't expect it to survive going forward. It had a good run. It's over now.

Permanently. Your salty tears only fuel them further.

American-Style capitalism has become a huge joke and is in need of radical reform, but again, the problem with the left is that they go back to an 'inherent equality' thesis that doesn't withstand reality, meaning that there is no social policy whatsoever that will suddenly make all those inner-city Washington, DC students- who get about $30K per kid yet can still barely read- perform as well as the Asian kids.

BUT IF ONLY WE... THEN WE COULD...

AND IF ONLY... WELL THEN MAYBE...

AND IF ONLY... THAT WOULD PROBABLY...

AND IF ONLY... THAT MIGHT FIX...

gets old after a while when its perpetually having to explain why your ideas fail whenever tried, but even 'trying' has become a non-starter, so we just don't do anything anymore, left or right. Eventually, people vote in someone who they know is going to actually do everything they say since the act of actually 'do'ing' becomes valued higher than whatever it is they propose to do.

And Bannon is a genius. Note his performance. That is where geniuses are measured. Not in theory.

More Mark Blyth.

https://www.youtube....youtu.be&t=1084

I like being racist so I'm going to keep on being racist.

And Bannon is a genius. Note his performance. That is where geniuses are measured. Not in theory.

Performance? He disgusted enough of the populace into not voting. That's a thing, I guess.

The American "right" is so devoid of intellect, generally, that they're super eager to crown the latest flash in the pan as the 2nd coming of jaysus. Good luck with Bannon. He looks like he eats more heroin than vegetables. Maybe he'll stay balanced with that primo pharmaceutical grade coke evening things out.

The terminus of all leftist thought is wandering around in a circle, muttering "racist" over and over,.

It lost its appeal to most people.

"YEAH WELL THAT'S BECAUSE YOU ARE!!!" might be enough for the left but most people want more than that and usually, when you unpack the facts on most people or institutions labeled as 'racist', the large majority aren't. Some obviously are but the left has used that label against anyone who disagrees with them on any issue that has any nexus with race, meaning people are now hip to the fact that it's mostly just a bullshit smear that discredits the accuser more than the accused.

This is particularly true when it's used as an emotional tantrum to stop the discussion of fact.

Yeah your right. History tells us that Judicial Activism has led to some painful consequences. Dred Scott Plessy v Ferguson

So what can we infer from that 1896 court case and stated "need" to look for judges with an originalism interpretation of the constitution when looking for SC nominees?

Jimmy Dore with Mark Blythe, breaking down how Bill Clinton was one of the greatest Right Wing Business Interest presidents, ever.

Bear in mind, Dore is a massive Bernie Sanders guy.

The rumblings from the American left are getting strong and the "Democrats" aren't faring well. I think this version of "Democrats" (old hippies LARPing as social justice warriors while they mind the interests of their mega-rich donors) are done for. The Sanders that comes after Sanders will be the real thing. Probably Corey Booker.

The Trump that comes after Trump is literally Hitler.

the way he shakes hands really is strange

Colin JonesVerified account

‏@colinjones

.@LastWeekTonight made a compilation of Trump handshakes and it is the best thing you will watch tonight

The rumblings from the American left are getting strong and the "Democrats" aren't faring well. I think this version of "Democrats" (old hippies LARPing as social justice warriors while they mind the interests of their mega-rich donors) are done for. The Sanders that comes after Sanders will be the real thing. Probably Corey Booker.

No. I literally can't think of a person who fits your first qualifier in the sense of "social justice warriors who actually mind the interests of their mega-rich donors" than Corey Booker. His vote on the meds from Canada thing, which was a blisteringly obvious result of his pharma-whore status, has already sunk him to "progressives".

"Our opponents, the media and the whole world will soon see as we begin to take further actions, that the powers of the president to protect our country are very substantial and will not be questioned" - Stephen Miller, White House policy spokesman.

"Will not be questioned."

Heh. These people are going to come to a bloody end if they keep ramping up the fascism.

If you think I'm overreacting to how dangerous and horrible Trump is read this Twitter rant. I'm nothing compared to Eric Garland

https://twitter.com/...971055682502656

An "analyst" who operates on a .co domain and eBegs via Patreon.

Why should anyone care what he things? It's not like lining to a CNN article is an expression of intellect that stands on its own two feet.

Heh. These people are going to come to a bloody end if they keep ramping up the fascism.

By whom?

The American left?

KMrX1fN.png

I know the left. For some issues, I love the left. Chomsky is right. That's absolutely not a fight the left wants if the gloves ever really come off.

The problem is, the current left/right paradigm has done a pretty good job compartmentalizing the people who the government might actually have to fear as far as all the armed, authoritarian, pro status quo mustache-faces are right wingers.

Michael Flynn resigned.

DOJ reports that he may actually be compromised by the Russians.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/13/politics/michael-flynn-justice-department-warning/index.html?adkey=bn

This reminds me of when the retard tried to appoint Bernard Kerik to head DHS... he failed to pass vetting, which opened Pandora's Box, leading to Federal "gotcha" indictment over horseshit like taxes, etc. Ruined the guy, sent him to prison. He's how an ex offender advocate.

Flynn's life is about to get miserable. If it turns out there are serious ties to Russia or evidence he may have been compromised in an official capacity, it could be a huge-huge story.

The thing that's odd to me is how Russian fingerprints are all over everything. I wonder if Trump isn't likewise compromised and was directed by his handler to appoint Flynn.

By whom?

The American left?

KMrX1fN.png

I know the left. For some issues, I love the left. Chomsky is right. That's absolutely not a fight the left wants if the gloves ever really come off.

The problem is, the current left/right paradigm has done a pretty good job compartmentalizing the people who the government might actually have to fear as far as all the armed, authoritarian, pro status quo mustache-faces are right wingers.

I didn't phrase that well. I implied that they'd all fall in a bloody coup. I meant, rather, that some of the most vocal and public officials will meet a bloody end via more targeted gorilla activities.

And there absolutely are left-leaning types who are both willing and capable of doing so, if that sort of in-your-face fascism continues into normalization.