The Trump Presidency Thread

Here are Zenko's fuller thoughts.

Samuel OakfordVerified account

‏@samueloakford

NEW: Trump to sign order restricting access to US for refugees from Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Yemen.

Micah Zenko ‏@MicahZenko 10h10 hours ago

Micah Zenko Retweeted Samuel Oakford

Odd list...omits top 2 (Afghan), 3 (Pak), 4 (India), 5 (Nigeria), 6 (Egypt), 7 (Phil), 8 (Bangladesh) states w/ most terror attacks last yr.

Esp. odd to close off US from select states, b/c it's irrelevant to what US officials say is the no. 1 threat...homegrown violent extremism.

Trump is pursuing expansive, tough-sounding CT policies that won't make US any safer...so at least that's consistent with Bush and Obama.

Also. US military is serving alongside security forces in Iraq, Libya, and Somalia. Can't imagine those govts will up their cooperation now.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He misses me so he's trying to fill the void with a sugar substitute ( that's you suited )

I've had it.   He did not ****ing dispute the story   He made a statement about things that weren't in the ****ing story which means he confirmed the ****ing story.   Jesus Jumping Jimmeny Chris

he should throw a gay person off a building while he's there or kill someone for drawing a cartoon. really get into the spirit of being a muslim.

ahh yes the random Twitter users like Fenxis just quoted with no knowledge of foreign affairs or security issues

Well it was brvheart -- BG's sidekick that can only cheer from the back rows and offer up lukewarm strawman attacks

11937.gif

Gold star for participation.

You go girl

I guess we can believe the pundits, no jobs will be created by putting a pipeline from Canada to Houston. Except in Alberta.

Oh there will be tens thousands that will be created building the thing... estimated to be ~4500 in Canada and 15-28k in the US. In the long run the highest I've seen estimated in the US was 600 extra jobs for monitoring the pipeline and in the refinery. Maybe less if the Canadian Energy East pipeline can be approved / built (in addition to the other pipelines going in) as it will send crude out to Canadian refineries in the Maritimes.

Though I wonder how they are going to hire for this -- one of the big issues for the US labour force is that it's one of the most immobile around, though maybe as this is contract work it will be ok.

Well it was brvheart -- BG's sidekick that can only cheer from the back rows and offer up lukewarm strawman attacks

you just crossed the fvckin line, pal. denigrate brvy again and you'll catch these hands.

giphy.gif

Over/under on how much this wall is actually going to cost to build? Trump says 12-15 billion.

I'll put the over/under at $45 Billion. I'm sure BG will still tell us that "That's not a lot of money".

Over/under on how much this wall is actually going to cost to build? Trump says 12-15 billion.

I'll put the over/under at $45 Billion. I'm sure BG will still tell us that "That's not a lot of money".

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23****ingwall&src=typd

Former President of Mexico

Vicente Fox QuesadaVerified account ‏@VicenteFoxQue 2h2 hours ago

More

Vicente Fox Quesada Retweeted Donald J. Trump

Donald, don't be self-indulgent. Mexico has spoken, we will never ever pay for the #****ingWall.

Yes, you guys have been spot on when it comes to predicting the future with regards to President Trump.

Anyone want side action on whether Trump builds the wall as promised faster than Obama closes Gizmo, which he promised as well?

The point isn't whether Trump is going to build the wall. The point is how much of a giant waste of time and resources it is going to be.

But hey, you are going to make this into some left vs. right thing anyway, so you keep doing you.

I can see why you feel a deep connection to Trump. You seem to share the same desperate, insecure need to be compared favourably to those that came before. I hope you feel a great satisfaction when Trump does indeed finish his wall "faster than Obama closes Gizmo".

Yes, the resistance to the wall was always over government spending and waste...

And walls don't work, we all know this. Biggest con in the world to build walls around things you want to protect.

Bricklayer have been playing the long con now for centuries.

But only the Chinese were fooled at this level before. Now they'll have a new win on their blogs.

I can see why you feel a deep connection to Trump. You seem to share the same desperate, insecure need to be compared favourably to those that came before. I hope you feel a great satisfaction when Trump does indeed finish his wall "faster than Obama closes Gizmo".

I can see why the future looks so bleak for you.

Trump is doing everything he said he would, in days, not months.

He has 2 years minimum with complete control over House and Senate, about to fill SC seat, and has approval numbers rising daily. There will be no stopping of his agenda

The left will soon have no where to go for political relevance, except Canada. Which means you will need a wall, because no one willingly wants leftist in their country.

And knowing you will need to build a wall soon is causing anxiety, which causes this need to project.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

oh I have no doubt that the wall is going to keep out Mexicans. Doesn't make it any less of a complete waste of resources.

didn't you guys fall to like 8th world widein gdp? Behind Texas and California in fact which would make you 10th?

It's like a poor person who doesn't understand why anyone would buy a Bentley. Because to them it represents a significant percent of their life time wages.

But to someone with money, it's just the cost of being awesome.

Right out of the BG playbook:

Strawman argument in every post? check.

demean and belittle Canada because how dare a Canadian have an opinion on America? check.

Complete lack of awareness of what anyone is talking about? check.

Congrats though, the Bentley Analogy is probably one of the top 5 most ridiculous things you have ever posted... though to be fair, there are hundreds of posts that would be in strong contention for that honour.

Anyone want side action on whether Trump builds the wall as promised faster than Obama closes Gizmo, which he promised as well?

Under Obama the number of detainees has dropped ~75% but will given the status quo (where the prisoners of indeterminate status can't be moved to the mainland due to congress) the last 41 will remain there so Guantánamo can't be closed.

Meanwhile Trump is pro-keeping it open but having paying the Cubans to operate it "Maybe in our deal with Cuba, we get them to take it over and reimburse us,". ****ing genius Donald: have a country that you've had crippling sanctions against for decades take over keeping terrorists on lockdown.

Next stage of left's meltdown will be the fake news that Trump's inner circle is against him. Expect this to be the headlines in the coming days.

Meanwhile, before the democrats can get their pitch just right in their wailing shrieks, Trump signs another new EO that is 'worse' then the last one.

Guaranteeing that the sheer mass of momentum Trump is causing will not be stopped by any leftist attempts at cries of Rasssisssst.

We may indeed get tired of all the winning.

Claire PhippsVerified account

‏@Claire_Phipps

Trump signs extreme vetting executive order - in his words, to “keep radical Islamic terrorists out”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/27/donald-trump-muslim-refugee-ban-executive-action?CMP=share_btn_tw

Claire Phipps ‏@Claire_Phipps 14h14 hours ago

Claire Phipps Retweeted Claire Phipps

"Analysis of terrorist attacks on US soil 1975-2015...found foreign nationals from those seven countries have killed zero Americans"

From Cato

My point is that even if you are concerned about Terrorism this isn't any way to fight it. Actions like this mean the Terrorists win and they are basically meaningless.

Also Terrorism is about the 192nd most important issue facing the United States at the moment but fostering fear is number one with a bullet on the would be autocrat's playbook.

Little National Security Benefit to Trump’s Executive Order on Immigration

Read this thread from a US Veteran of Iraq and other wars.

odp

‏@dyllyp

I told this story about #refugees a couple years ago on Veterans Day with a humorous slant. I'm going to tell it again today, unfiltered.

I love the fake news line that the refugees are the most vetted groups.

They call up Syria, ask to talk to the local police department to get a criminal backgound check, then they call the local labor board to find out what they did for work and see if they had any complaints, then they call the government and say: "I know you hate us and would do anything to hurt us, but could you just be honest and tell us if Mr. X is a nice person?":

And they sometimes send people from State over to dig through the rubble of the bombed out records department, which still uses papyrus records, but that's only in towns leveled by American bombs. The locals are very helpful to dig once they find out that it's an American looking for information about a person who left the country.

It would be wonderful if a leftist used their brain before they printed fake news like this. It's embarrassing for me to read this and accept that some people will find this to be truthful when a modicum of thought would show why a war torn region in a country that hates us is not a good place to get reliable data on a random person.

And to use this silly lie as 'proof' that our immigration system is fine is more amazing than the guru economist of the left Krugman telling us that stock market was going to crash because Trump was elected.

How many people need to be killed before you guys are okay with being pro-active in protecting the citizens of the country? Is it required for 50 children to die? Maybe 100 women to be raped? Do we need to have a school exploded before we say: "Wow, people from an area that kill gays, abuse women, marry little girls, and think any woman not a Muslim is a candidate for rape by virtue of their apostasy are not positive additions to our country"

Especially when we see the results of this immigration experiment bearing out throughout Europe.

Here's a radical thought. how about these extremely rich oil nations with Muslim ruled governments take in the muslim refugees? They have the religion, language, culture and close proximity, Why in the world should they be shipped to Sweden?