Nah, only one side was likely to actually accept the result of this election

Good thing you put the qualifier "this" in there. Cause I had my Algore meme ready to fire

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's funny? He has a good brain, a great brain. He talks to a lot of people, the best people, and he has the best plan to make things great. He talks to the best and smartest people and uses his tre

I'm hoping she makes Bernie her VP and the indictment comes after the election

so, not random, not a billionaire. gotcha.

Good call Sam.

I must admit I was more pessimistic.

I originally said Trump would never get the nomination. After he won it became clear to me that people were pissed at government on both sides. HRC represents corrupt government more that any candidate in my lifetime. This was going to be a great protest vote just like BREXIT. I have said for months that the polls were wrong, that people wouldnt actually admit to a pollster that they were going to vote for him. If he had kept his mouth a little more shut and that whole "grab pussy" thing hadn't come out it would have been the biggest landslide since Reagan.

Nah, only one side was likely to actually accept the result of this election

Uh oh, Podesta just said to go home because they are still counting votes.

Even though she has no chance.

AP called PA for Trump

• Like 1

I originally said Trump would never get the nomination. After he won it became clear to me that people were pissed at government on both sides. HRC represents corrupt government more that any candidate in my lifetime. This was going to be a great protest vote just like BREXIT. I have said for months that the polls were wrong, that people wouldnt actually admit to a pollster that they were going to vote for him. If he had kept his mouth a little more shut and that whole "grab pussy" thing hadn't come out it would have been the biggest landslide since Reagan.

I felt the same way, but having everybody and their mother using bad polling data was demoralizing.

I guess after 8 years of Obama, I was afraid to hope.

Uh oh, Podesta just said to go home because they are still counting votes.

Even though she has no chance.

AP called PA for Trump

Never mind, she conceded in a phone call. Guess she just didn't want to face her supporters.

Good thing you put the qualifier "this" in there. Cause I had my Algore meme ready to fire

Oh yes; the election where the Florida recount was automatic (and thus not officially resolved) and he ultimately did win the state, just 5? days later. And Gore decently won the popular vote -- just like Clinton won the popular vote by a sliver (though at this point quite irrelevant).

In terms of poling I wonder if we give more credence to the LA Times one that attempted to scale the numbers by supporter intensity going forwards. 'Cause the Trump campaign was able to generate and capitalize on a lot of anger. Meanwhile the Dems had "Stronger Together", um... ok. How about "Say hell no to the Totalitarian Theocracy"? A little long but it could be polished up.

I could point to voter suppression (closing of 900 poling stations across the south) but ultimately those aren't the reason they lost. The Dems ran a shit campaign; they assume that having progressive social policies would be enough to win (but never broached the subject of the Supreme Court & abortion, etc. But hey, we heard about the 2nd amendment).

But in times like these where, in real dollars, people's take home pay is stagnating they don't give a shit about that. Going on about how Trump is racist was great for getting the Latino vote (split was roughly 80% / 20%) but that didn't help in the rust belt, in fact it probably helped. Trump was vulnerable in so many ways (sorry but economically I think he going to be a disaster) but they didn't go for the jugular instead of echo chambering their outrage. We can only hope that half of what he says is bluster and attempt to bluff his way into better deals. It probably is/was very effective for him as a businessman but now the stage is difference... instead of bullying minnows he is in the tank with all of the sharks.

The Trump campaign was similar to what the Conservatives do up here; promise tax cuts (like they are some magical elixir to all our problems) and pick the greatest vulnerability in the main opponent and just feed everything into that narrative. Very effective when that vulnerability resonates with the voter.

This was going to be a great protest vote just like BREXIT.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/08/news/economy/uk-economy-brexit-25-billion/

The U.K. government is facing a £25 billion ($31 billion) hole in its finances because of Brexit, the Institute for Fiscal Studies said Tuesday.

"Slowing growth and lower tax revenues will hit the budget and lead to higher borrowing, the U.K.'s leading independent economic think tank said in a research paper called "Winter is Coming."

Government tax revenues will fall by as much as £31 billion ($38.4 billion) by 2019, if there is no major policy change. If it stops all payments to the European Union, the government could save £6 billion ($7.4 billion) a year.

But those potential savings won't be anywhere near enough to cover for the drop in revenue."

Good ****ing luck with your ... Trexit?

Clinton not addressing her supporters should be an embarrassment to all of them. it shows her lack of care, total indifference to people in general. Hard to believe she lost to the most disliked candidate in history. actually I guess that would be her, Trump is apparently #2 on the list.

It is great day for the US, not because Trump won but because Hillary lost.

Maybe the RNC and the DNC can come to grips with the fact that both of their respective bases gave them a huge and well deserved FU last night.

• Like 2

It's a great day for conservatives for sure.

It's time to come together as a nation and support President Trump.

I'm not gloating at all to my friends today. But I love to say to that Nate Silver. F you

I didn't do it, and those nerds at 538 need to shut it down.

Someone check on Bob.

I'm okay.

Nothing has changed about how I think Trump will be as President. I really really hope that I'm wrong.

538 and Nate Silver were actually the most accurate of the groups. He was warning that even if the polls were accurate she was vulnerable due to where his and her supporters were located.

Clinton will get the most votes in the end but that doesn't really matter.

The people who will be the most disappointed are the people who voted for Trump because he doesn't have solutions for the legitimate problems that some of them have and he is going to make things much worse economically.

I think it's going to be fascinating to see who Trump's cabinet is made up of. We all should hope that some of the qualified people who didn't support him, especially the foreign policy experts take positions in his administration because the people around his campaign in a lot of areas are really not up to the job.

I don't think it is a great day but a least it is not a bad day!

The party with common sense to move to the middle will be the ultimate winner here. I do believe Trump will lead that move. The question becomes is the GOP smart enough to move with him.

The panic over night in stock futures seems to have gone away for now. Dow is mostly flat. That could change but I think the doom and gloom isn't there.

Same as Brexit, markets reacted like they were told they would react negatively, so they did, then they saw good buys and got back in, then the loses were gone and they realize the world's not ending, and they soon find that the pundits in politics know about as much as the economists (like Bob) who are sooo sure President-elect Trump is going to destroy the world's economy.

People are sheep, just because they are in the world of finance, doesn't make them less so.

MSNBC and CNN cover teams last night looked like they were at a funeral, that was fun. Rachael Maddow literally had to compose herself one point. Give them credit, they were arrogant to the end!

I kept switching back to MSNBC and CNN and my wife would tell me to turn it and I'd say" I want to taste their tears"

I'm fine not gloating, but don't tell me I can't enjoy the overreactions by the left nutjobs.

Twitter is amazing this morning.

Negreanu is in denial, blaming racists, Matusow was crying last night, Scott Adams is fully vindicated.

And Doyle made a bundle.

• Like 1