• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's funny? He has a good brain, a great brain. He talks to a lot of people, the best people, and he has the best plan to make things great. He talks to the best and smartest people and uses his tre

I'm hoping she makes Bernie her VP and the indictment comes after the election

so, not random, not a billionaire. gotcha.

You know... maybe pulling a sword from a stone is a good way to determine who's in charge.

At least then our election cycle would be short

Whatever happens. It's been fun giving each other stuff the last few weeks.

I'm binge watching Battlestar Gallactica and glancing at phone now and then, but looks like Florida will not be going to a recount...bummer

Hopefully the winners tomorrow can be classy, and the losers accepting.

No matter what, it's the future war on Canada that counts!

How does the population choosing a leader reflect a 'weakness in democracy' ?

Isn't that precisely what Democracy is designed to do?

The retards at Vox should perhaps instead ask whether "Democracy" itself is inherently weak.

Answer: It totally is.

• Like 2

This hurts to type: Trump is currently a pretty big favourite to be the president

I don't think he's a 'big favorite' but I think it's very possible.

He's a coinflip right now with cards to come.

He needs to catch Florida (seems likely), Ohio and turn Michigan. Without PA, shit gets tough and she seems to be strong there. He might lose or he might win. As of yesterday, the talk was he was a lock to lose.

I'll reiterate this.

if I had to make one dark-horse call in this entire election, it would be this: Trump shocks (not surprises, but shocks) with the number of blacks he carries.

That is relevant in Post-Industrial Michigan but the bigger story may be their total apathy towards Clinton. As of now, 30% is in.

"Everything You Can See Is Really An Illusion Because Someone Did A Study That Says Offshoring Is Really Good For You" isn't going to play there.

(Edit: He just took down Ohio per NBC. Perhaps someone should do a study to convince the ignorant racists of Ohio that they're better off with their jobs in Mexico because theories)

Florida called for Trump.

She has to win both Wisconsin and Michigan or it's President Trump until the real government decides it's time for President Pence and then The Donald has a massive heart attack.

Guess it boils down to polls being flawed / skewed, or flat out lying.

I tend to think this election had a lot more voters come out who didn't vote last election because they were sick of milktoast Republicans and would never vote D.

House, Senate and majority of state's houses going full on Republican.

Interesting day. Time to buy cement futures

• Like 1

You Canadians are going to get a bunch of celebrities though...so there's that.

Side note: Victory cigar is an Obsidian Robusto. Strong oily wrapper with a full body. Good prices on Cigar International

Maybe it shows how many people are tired the ruling class, entitlements and executive orders.... no matter who wins there are problems brewing for the president

Speaking of Executive orders, Trump as President will actually present the best case for the house and senate stepping up and taking away some of the executive branch's growing power. Many republicans still are anti-Trump and of course democrats will gladly weaken a republican.

It would be a good thing to get so much power out of any one person's hands.

• Like 1

Speaking of Executive orders, Trump as President will actually present the best case for the house and senate stepping up and taking away some of the executive branch's growing power. Many republicans still are anti-Trump and of course democrats will gladly weaken a republican.

It would be a good thing to get so much power out of any one person's hands.

except that the Republicans in Congress will be too craven to oppose Trump. They will be punished by the base and get primaried and they know it so they will just go along with Trump since for most of them keeping their job is the highest priority.

except that the Republicans in Congress will be too craven to oppose Trump. They will be punished by the base and get primaried and they know it so they will just go along with Trump since for most of them keeping their job is the highest priority.

I won't bet on the republicans not to be "too craven" so we'll just have to see.

But I don't think checking the power of the executive is an issue most Americans care anything about.

This is the only scenario where it could happen.