Cw1nVRAW8AAxkox.jpg

By county.

Really makes you realize why democrats have a herd mentality. They are shoulder to shoulder jammed together.

Hmm, turns out, actually interacting with a wide variety of other human beings on a day to day basis makes you more compassionate for them.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's funny? He has a good brain, a great brain. He talks to a lot of people, the best people, and he has the best plan to make things great. He talks to the best and smartest people and uses his tre

I'm hoping she makes Bernie her VP and the indictment comes after the election

so, not random, not a billionaire. gotcha.

Dan Pfeiffer ‏@danpfeiffer 1h1 hour ago

Sometimes politics is simple: Democrats did not show up to vote and now Trump is President by getting the same number of votes as Romney

There's no doubt that Donald ran a campaign of demagoguery. It was textbook populism and fear-mongering.

As for insanity, that depends on where you'd place his extreme megalomania on the spectrum.

As for ground war, that's a war involving ground troops.

As for gallon, that's a unit of liquid measurement.

you live in a parallel world right? so you kinda see things but don't really understand them

you're the one who lives in a parallel world and kinda sees things but doesn't really understand them. owned.

This was predicable, it was just one election before I excepted it. I guess I didn't give the people enough credit.

8 yeas of over reach, overregulation, PC BS, getting walked on across the world, executive orders...it was going to end. I am just glad it happened now.

There is man in the chair now who cares about us first!! that is refreshing!!

Ted Cruz...next member of US SUPREME COURT - the constitution will matter again.

Ted Cruz...next member of US SUPREME COURT - the constitution will matter again.

Trump probably wants to be reelected.

This was not a referendum on popular conservatism.

It was an immensely unlikable and uninspiring opposition candidate. Donald Trump loses against any other opponent.

To the people that are Trump supporters.

Do you believe the term Whitelash is racist or appropriate to be used by a CNN contributor?

It's typical, and has become easy to ignore because it lacks any basis in fact.

The way for emotional people to explain how the unthinkable has happened is to create a narrative where they aren't wrong, they care more and can't understand how come America doesn't understand that Trump is evil.

It will be why some nutcases will turn violent soon, thinking they are justified because they are fighting evil.

And the left will pretend they are innocent of fomenting the violence, even though they are culpable.

Wait till Trump starts reaching out to the black communities and the Democrats realize they may lose that guaranteed voting bloch. Then things will be clear.

If Democrats ever want to be relevant again, they better learn to work with Republicans and actually help people, instead of keeping them on their plantation, telling them it's the Republicans fault.

• Like 1

Trump probably wants to be reelected.

This was not a referendum on popular conservatism.

It was an immensely unlikable and uninspiring opposition candidate. Donald Trump loses against any other opponent.

I don't know how anyone could disagree with this.

To the people that are Trump supporters.

Do you believe the term Whitelash is racist or appropriate to be used by a CNN contributor?

Not a Trump supporter, but it's obviously racist.

next member of US SUPREME COURT - the constitution will matter again.

Well the 2nd amendment at least... **** the 1st and 14th. Amiright?

There is man in the chair now who cares about us first!! that is refreshing!!

CwyoYIwUsAENMoX.jpg

Good luck with that. I think a populist message is needed now and then but I think the guy from Vermont had a much more robust fiscal plan.

Now... in the NPR media postmortem they did note that one conservative columnist noted in September "the press takes him literally, but not seriously; but his supporters take him seriously, but not literally". She also penned the article, "Stumped by Trump's success? Take a drive outside US cities".

Here's a fun experiment. The next time you encounter someone droning on about the 2nd Amendment, ask them what the 3rd and 6th Amendments are, without having to use their phone for the answer.

As the blank look washes over their face and they try to change the topic, then ask them why their opinion on any constitutional amendment should matter to anyone in light of the fact that they probably can't name more than 4 of them.

THE SECOND AMENDMENT!

THE AMENDMENT THAT PROTECTS ALL THOSE OTHER AMENDMENTS THAT I CAN'T REALLY NAME!

Same goes for a left winger talking about the 2nd Amendment is invalid.

I've come to realize that my entire political thesis rests on trolling ideologues.

• Like 1

Ask most people about the bill of rights and they will give you a blank stare. Some will know the basics of the BoR but not the order or number. I prob know a few more than most but only because I'm on a bit of a founding fathers kick so they're fresh in my mind. I don't even know if they teach Early American History anymore and they barely did when I was a kid (that was awhile ago)

1st and 2nd and maybe the 5th some will know. The 3rd is a throw away now but the 6th you better know. 9th and 10th have been pretty abused in the last 50 years and I hope Trump appoints SCOTUS that will reign that in a bit.

For all of the talk about the media being out of touch the average citizen it seems like the pollsters need a bit of slack:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-a-difference-2-percentage-points-makes/

Normally the razor thin margins between the two parties makes sense as they send up the same candidates and the same retoric year after; but it's amazing that with the complete shift of the election narrative (globalization v nationalism) that margin didn't change.

This election was no more whitelash then the BHO elections were blacklash. The truth is a large percentage of the country doesn't agree with progressive ideas, they feel they have been mocked (and they have been) they are belittled and called racist, they just want to live their lives. The government under Obama was the most feared and intimidating administration of modern times...he abused the power of the position - this election had little to do with Trump and everything to do with people being unhappy with the direction of our leaders, on BOTH sides

The government under Obama was the most feared and intimidating administration of modern times...he abused the power of the position...

That's an interesting spin. I suppose his use of Executive Orders could be? But I'm not sure how much choice he had facing an obstructionist House and Senate. eg: ACA had roots in Republican ideas, Garland was first pushed by Republican Senator. And yet we now need an "agent of change".

Though it makes sense given those Pew charts Bob posted a while back where the two parties are diverging. It something like half the supporters of each party are convinced that the other side are going to destroy the country. Which I find "hilarious"; the Democrat fiscal policy (esp under Clinton) is were the Republicans were a few decades ago. Though I suppose on social issues that's not true. But given how much the right-wing are all into "**** off government you can't tell me how to live" it's interesting how they find that Church gives them moral authority to others. I'd be like "well there's going to be more room in heaven for me so go ahead and sin".

I like most of this

Glancing through

50% fantastic

30% won't help people like they expect

20% nope, nope, nope

Though not all of these are created equal like

FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;

vs

Changing Medicaid to block funding, etc.

So the nope factor is higher.

While leftist protest free and fair elections...

Meanwhile iirc there was previously talk of armed rebellion if Clinton was elected so that "she couldn't take away our guns".

jfc the whole election was a shitshow but if you are going to make your bed then man up and lie in it.