So Columbine and the like, those weren't terrorist?

Most mass shootings are done by leftist atheist pot smokers. And their motive is terror

Like the Aurora theater shooting.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's funny? He has a good brain, a great brain. He talks to a lot of people, the best people, and he has the best plan to make things great. He talks to the best and smartest people and uses his tre

I'm hoping she makes Bernie her VP and the indictment comes after the election

so, not random, not a billionaire. gotcha.

I was trying to think about some of the cop killings that might fit the definition

In the 60's there were some bombings by left wing radicals that would fall under the terrorism defintion and probably some deaths caused by eco-terrorists and animal rights loons.

There really haven't been many. Violence isn't really a 'thing' with the American left these days.

There were smatterings of it in the 60's with a few fringe radicals but even then, the huge majority were peaceful.

Fringe environmental lunatics are probably the closest thing these days, but they're massively surveiled by the FBI. You're probably as likely to encounter a government confidential informant at a meeting of environmental extremists as you are joining a biker gang.

There haven't been many mass terrorist events by right wing extremism, either. Relatively speaking, anyway. The problem with the 24 hour news cycle is that they're so starved for marketable drama that any credibly major- but historically insignificant- event gets presented as if it's some massive cultural milestone... when it's really just the acts of one defective retard or madman.

If something like this:

https://en.wikipedia...t_Hotel_bombing

... happened today, it would be a "do you remember where you were when you heard about..." sort of thing. When the "news" was limited to 30 minutes each day at 6:30 on a major network, it got a couple days of coverage and everyone moved on. If you were busy that week, you wouldn't have ever heard about it.

Most violence in our society can be more accurately attributed to a degradation of cultural values. Not political extremism.

Daniel Drezner ‏@dandrezner 2h2 hours ago

Trump suggests we take the oil from Iraq again and I'm sorry but the GOP nominee for president is a total ****ing idiot on foreign policy.

Josh Rogin ‏@joshrogin 2h2 hours ago

"Take the oil" is the stupidest answer to the question "How can we stabilize the Middle East?" that I've ever heard.

Dylan Byers ‏@DylanByers 2h2 hours ago

NBC News Forum so far

- Clinton should have had clearer answers to questions

- Trump should have had actual, factual answers to questions

Noah Smith ‏@Noahpinion 2h2 hours ago

Reminder: Everything you're worried about is less worrisome than the threat of Trump becoming President and starting a nuclear war. ��

Brett LoGiurato ‏@BrettLoGiurato 2h2 hours ago

I don’t think Trump realizes that generals are not political appointees

The Daily Beast ‏@thedailybeast 1h1 hour ago

When it comes to the U.S. military, Trump doesn't know what the hell he's talking about: http://thebea.st/2cunkRU

John Aravosis ‏@aravosis 2h2 hours ago

Different generals? He said all the current generals under Obama are putzes. Who is he going to get, Russian generals?

Oliver Darcy ‏@oliverdarcy 2h2 hours ago

Trump on Putin: “If he says great things about me, I’m going to say great things about him"

Matt Laslo

‏@MattLaslo

Three options after Trump talked Putin:

1) Trump wants to be a dictator

2) He doesn't know shit about global affairs

3) Trump's a moron

Josh Barro ‏@jbarro 1h1 hour ago Manhattan, NY

Josh Barro Retweeted Matt Laslo

Not mutually exclusive

Mike Breen ‏@M_Breen 2h2 hours ago

So Trump says he's planning to purge our senior officer corps. Can we let that sink in for a minute?

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 7 May 2013

26,000 unreported sexual assults in the military-only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?

Joe Weisenthal ‏@TheStalwart 1h1 hour ago

Trump's worldview: The Mexico visit was a success cause it lead to the resignation of the FinMin. Putin is good because he's popular.

Trump is very consistent on this. Winning is evidence of being good. Losing is evidence of being bad. And all interactions are zero sum.

I guess Trump never watched JAG

ABC News PoliticsVerified account

‏@ABCPolitics

.@realDonaldTrump says "Best thing we can do" on sexual assault in the military "is set up a court system within the military."

Patrick Chovanec ‏@prchovanec 1h1 hour ago

Patrick Chovanec Retweeted ABC News Politics

That would be amazing if we had something like that.

We could call it the "Uniform Code of Military Justice".

I was trying to think about some of the cop killings that might fit the definition

In the 60's there were some bombings by left wing radicals that would fall under the terrorism defintion and probably some deaths caused by eco-terrorists and animal rights loons.

Bombings by leftist terrorists? in the 60's?

Weather Underground?

Wonder what that guys been doing since then?

Oh yea, teaching in college, launching Obama's senate run from his living room, and ghost writing for Obama.

Funny that coincidence...but I'm sure he's a great guy now, got all his bombing and killing out early in life

Mike Breen ‏@M_Breen 2h2 hours ago

So Trump says he's planning to purge our senior officer corps. Can we let that sink in for a minute?

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 7 May 2013

26,000 unreported sexual assults in the military-only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?

Trump's worldview: The Mexico visit was a success cause it lead to the resignation of the FinMin. Putin is good because he's popular.

Trump is very consistent on this. Winning is evidence of being good. Losing is evidence of being bad. And all interactions are zero sum.

Next could you scour snapchat for random picture that people post since anything posted on social media seems to have great importance to you.

Trump is going to fire all generals and put random people in charge, let that sink in.

Trump is black and white about everything he ever thinks about, no nuance at all.

Trump hates cans!

Cr1vd-QXEAA3PDl.jpg

Hillary: America's Hitler

Next could you scour snapchat for random picture that people post since anything posted on social media seems to have great importance to you.

47b.jpg

Garry KasparovVerified account

‏@Kasparov63

Governor Pence, Vladimir Putin is a strong leader in the same way arsenic is a strong drink. Your country should be ashamed of you.

Garry Kasparov ‏@Kasparov63 9h9 hours ago

No sophistry. Calling a strongman like Putin "strong" is redundant, and so it is praise not for the individual but for dictatorship itself.

‏@Kasparov63

Governor Pence, Vladimir Putin is a strong leader in the same way arsenic is a strong drink. Your country should be ashamed of you.

No sophistry. Calling a strongman like Putin "strong" is redundant, and so it is praise not for the individual but for dictatorship itself.

One thing Putin's men are really good at is belittling their opposition with rather hilarious trolls.

Like, I love chess, Kasparov was my generation's Bobby Fischer, I played competitively up until high school and really idolized the guy but every time I hear his name, I don't think of his matches with Anand or Deep Blue. I think of this.

ieY-3k.gif

... and that's how you win. You don't argue with them on policy or engage in long-winded diatribes.

You fly a dong at them because from there on out, that's the prevailing image in most folks mind... and nobody votes for the guy who got flying-donged.

I know, its the one thing I hate about Trump, that he voted to send troops into Iraq. Actually cast a vote to send troops in.

I mean you don't get to say now that you are against the war after sending the young men into battle with lawyer's looking over their shoulders.

"Well I Guess" is tantamount to gassing the Kurds yourself!

I guess the polls no longer give us the clear message that this election is over, so we need to dig up a new proof to stand on until our new clothes come in.

‏@Kasparov63

We have clearly demonstrated that saying something positive about someone means you accept every single thing they do or say for the rest of their life.

Saying Putin is muscular means you like pogroms and starvation of Ukrainians etc.

I'm sure glad Hillary never said anything positive about ...say...a Klu Klux Klan Grand Wizard or anything like that...

It's just science.

i always knew balloon guy was a deplorable.

CsA7SNdVUAADFcc.jpg

No, I'm not in the half of people who support Trump and are a basket of deplorable.

I'm in the other half, that somehow are able to believe the same things as racist homophobic sexist while not being one.

It's hard to juggle the clichés, but you can do it with practice and commitment.

I think there are 47% of us who can do this.

This should surprise nobody.

How Donald Trump retooled his charity to spend other people’s money

In two cases, he has used money from his charity to buy himself a gift. In one of those cases — not previously reported — Trump spent $20,000 of money earmarked for charitable purposes to buy a six-foot-tall painting of himself.

Money from the Trump Foundation has also been used for political purposes, which is against the law. The Washington Post reported this month that Trump paid a penalty this year to the Internal Revenue Service for a 2013 donation in which the foundation gave $25,000 to a campaign group affiliated with Florida Attorney General Pamela Bondi ®.

Trump’s foundation appears to have repeatedly broken IRS rules, which require nonprofit groups to file accurate paperwork. In five cases, the Trump Foundation told the IRS that it had given a gift to a charity whose leaders told The Post that they had never received it. In two other cases, companies listed as donors to the Trump Foundation told The Post that those listings were incorrect.

This should surprise nobody.

How Donald Trump retooled his charity to spend other people’s money

In two cases, he has used money from his charity to buy himself a gift. In one of those cases — not previously reported — Trump spent $20,000 of money earmarked for charitable purposes to buy a six-foot-tall painting of himself.

Money from the Trump Foundation has also been used for political purposes, which is against the law. The Washington Post reported this month that Trump paid a penalty this year to the Internal Revenue Service for a 2013 donation in which the foundation gave $25,000 to a campaign group affiliated with Florida Attorney General Pamela Bondi ®.

Trump’s foundation appears to have repeatedly broken IRS rules, which require nonprofit groups to file accurate paperwork. In five cases, the Trump Foundation told the IRS that it had given a gift to a charity whose leaders told The Post that they had never received it. In two other cases, companies listed as donors to the Trump Foundation told The Post that those listings were incorrect.

Yes please, let's do serious investigation into the two candidates charitable foundations.

• Like 1