Not just a wacko, but a disgusting and ignorant piece of shit.

Let me tell you something - if I were a father, say, and I had a daughter, let's say she's 14, and she were raped and impregnated at some point, and you were to say to my face that you wish you could force her to carry her rapist's tumor inside of her body, I would punch you right in the ****ing mouth.

And, if you somehow were in a position where you could actually force her to do so, I would literally kill you.

Carlos-Boozer-Open-Mouth-Shock-Reaction-Chicago-Bulls.gif

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's funny? He has a good brain, a great brain. He talks to a lot of people, the best people, and he has the best plan to make things great. He talks to the best and smartest people and uses his tre

I'm hoping she makes Bernie her VP and the indictment comes after the election

so, not random, not a billionaire. gotcha.

i keep forgetting that Spade hasn't opted to ignore brvy when his religious stuff gets particularly lunatic like the rest of us have. Makes me sentimental for the golden days of the religion forum.

Not just a wacko, but a disgusting and ignorant piece of shit.

Let me tell you something - if I were a father, say, and I had a daughter, let's say she's 14, and she were raped and impregnated at some point, and you were to say to my face that you wish you could force her to carry her rapist's tumor inside of her body, I would punch you right in the ****ing mouth.

And, if you somehow were in a position where you could actually force her to do so, I would literally kill you.

I understand your point of view. I'm thankful that you're not currently, and most likely never will be, in that situation.

That's being said, like my position on gay marriage, just because I'm personally against it, doesn't necessarily mean that I would be in favor of legislation not having exceptions. For instance, I'm a big fan of birth control, and even plan B. I just think that especially once the heart starts beating, we have a duty to protect.

My supreme position from a governmental standpoint is to do whatever we can to drastically reduce the number of abortions; whether that be more education, birth control, etc.

• Like 1

I'm personally against it, doesn't necessarily mean that I would be in favor of legislation not having exceptions. .

There rest of what you've said is relatively sane, but to this I say,

1. Who gives a shit what you are for or against on the topic? You will never be pregnant, and we have 50%-ish of the world's population who can decide the issue for themselves. I know that in your religion women are property, shouldn't have any authority, are duty bound to be incubators for the menfolk, and should submit to whatever you feel is best - but no, fuck you and fuck your holy books and fuck your beliefs.

Fuck them all one at a time, then wrap them up in a tiny ball and fuck it, get it pregnant, abort the pregnancy, and then fuck yourself.

2. You aren't "necessarily" in favor of legislation that forces a 14 year old rape victim to carry her rapist's fucking seed in her. I think that you think that "necessarily" saves you from "definitely" being gross.

It doesn't. Even considering it as a possibility is vile.

• Like 1

Good talk, Spade. *fistbump*

I accept your withdraw graciously, as I am a kind and magnanimous king.

Just do me a favor and try not to be icky about things like this going forward. Or at least less icky.

I'll do my best. Much love, my brother.

I'm never good at the final stage of a de-escalation and usually just end with a "right on" or something. But I'm a little burnt out on that phrase, so instead I'll post a picture of a goose.

goose-attack.jpg

• Like 1

You might find it appealing to not get so escalated in the first place?

You might find it appealing to not get so escalated in the first place?

Nah.

When it comes to things I find egregious to my moral sense I have two settings - zero and nuclear.

There rest of what you've said is relatively sane, but to this I say,

1. Who gives a shit what you are for or against on the topic? You will never be pregnant, and we have 50%-ish of the world's population who can decide the issue for themselves. I know that in your religion women are property, shouldn't have any authority, are duty bound to be incubators for the menfolk, and should submit to whatever you feel is best - but no, **** you and **** your holy books and **** your beliefs.

**** them all one at a time, then wrap them up in a tiny ball and **** it, get it pregnant, abort the pregnancy, and then **** yourself.

2. You aren't "necessarily" in favor of legislation that forces a 14 year old rape victim to carry her rapist's ****ing seed in her. I think that you think that "necessarily" saves you from "definitely" being gross.

It doesn't. Even considering it as a possibility is vile.

As of late, I've been on the fence with this issue. Still leaning towards pro-choice, but not as much as in my younger years.

Do you believe the rights [to have control over one's body] of the mother outweigh the rights [to live] of the unborn child? Does the unborn child even have rights?

Is there anything in the constitution that states when one "earns" the right to live? At conception? 3 weeks after conception? At birth? Maybe we should start there.

yeah, clause 19 of the constitution says that abortion is illegal. thomas jefferson's papers on the issue are particularly illuminating. he believed in the idea to choose, but only for whites, and the slaves he impregnated. somehow sally hemings slipped a few past him though. benjamin franklin was adamantly opposed to abortion, his view winning out. he was quoted as saying, "killing babies? not on my watch. not in my country." ironically he had four STDs at the time.

Do you believe the rights [to have control over one's body] of the mother outweigh the rights [to live] of the unborn child?

Do you believe the right to control over your body outweighs the right for me to come take one of your kidney's, without your consent, if I need one? Or to surgically attach myself to you and your organs for nine months if I might die otherwise?

These are even more compelling, of course, because I am already a fully grown, thinking, adult human being with a personality and complex identity, and in the case of a fetus we're talking about anything from a clump of cells to a parasitic growth pre-viability, and not a human being. But even given the upped stakes of a clearly identifiable human being with human rights - do I have the right to take your organs from you, or insert parts of myself into you to use your body to sustain my own, regardless of your opinion on the matter?

Is there anything in the constitution that states when one "earns" the right to live?

Who cares? I don't say that because there is something in the constitution that is bad for my position, or good for my position, or anything. I mean who cares what the constitution says?

I don't understand why people, outside of trying to use the constitution and its interpretation for legal maneuvering, people bring it up in a discussion about ethics or philosophy. The founding fathers were almost to the man slave owners and/or proponents. Who gives a fuck what they have to say on issues of morality or ethics in general? If the constitution says "rape victims must carry their rapist's babies to terms because omg babies are cute", does that mean it is therefore right? If another country has a centuries old document that says, "all babies should be torn from their mothers and crushed against rocks because omg babies are annoying", would that then be right or ethical?

• Like 1

Spade, pleaae give us your abortion laws, as you would like them. I support the right for the women to choose, but not at 8 months unless the mothers life is in danger. I would think you would be similar.

A woman has the right to end a pregnancy at any time. Keep in mind that ending a pregnancy is not synonymous with terminating a fetus. Birth itself is the ending of a pregnancy.

Pre-viability via the termination of the process altogether, post viability by removal of the fetus.

At no point should a woman be required to play host with her body.

• Like 1

Yes, I would essentially agree with that. Though I think a woman choosing to deliver her baby the day after the point of viability because she just doesn't want to be pregnant any more is not something I support. delivering a baby premature, for no other reason but inconvenience, would be morally repugnant to me as well, same as forcing a rape victim to carry a child of that rape to term because abortion is not an option at any point in time, no matter how soon into the pregnancy she desires to terminate.

That kind of selfishness would be ugly to me, and needlessly place the baby at risk. If no one forced you to get pregnant ou do bear a responsibility to that child. Though such a situation would be so rare as to probably not matter.

Wait, is this a joke or did you actually score 73% Bernie 72% Cruz? Because that would be fascinating on multiple levels.

No joke, I'm a commie serial killer.

• Like 1

Yes, I would essentially agree with that. Though I think a woman choosing to deliver her baby the day after the point of viability because she just doesn't want to be pregnant any more is not something I support. delivering a baby premature, for no other reason but inconvenience, would be morally repugnant to me as well, same as forcing a rape victim to carry a child of that rape to term because abortion is not an option at any point in time, no matter how soon into the pregnancy she desires to terminate.

That kind of selfishness would be ugly to me, and needlessly place the baby at risk. If no one forced you to get pregnant ou do bear a responsibility to that child. Though such a situation would be so rare as to probably not matter.

I wouldn't begrudge you anything you've said. There are certainly philosophical positions/thought experiments that can be had that would plumb much deeper and subtler points - however, your last sentence I think touches on one of the most important points.

Since we were discussing legality, we have to keep in mind the pragmatic, real-world situations we are talking about, and understand the difference between the reality verse the possible.

No joke, I'm a commie serial killer.

Strange. Mostly I'm just trying to guess at what you could be 72% aligned with Cruz about, such that you could also be decently aligned with Sanders about.

Are you extremely religious, but heavily demand-side economics? Or - I don't know, it's such a strange outcome.

Heh.

Strange. Mostly I'm just trying to guess at what you could be 72% aligned with Cruz about, such that you could also be decently aligned with Sanders about.

Are you extremely religious, but heavily demand-side economics? Or - I don't know, it's such a strange outcome.

Heh.

Not religious at all, the whole situation is very bizarre.