• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's funny? He has a good brain, a great brain. He talks to a lot of people, the best people, and he has the best plan to make things great. He talks to the best and smartest people and uses his tre

I'm hoping she makes Bernie her VP and the indictment comes after the election

so, not random, not a billionaire. gotcha.

how rich is Trump, it might only be in the hundreds of millions and not billions

What If Trump Doesn’t Have Billions?

Read more at: http://www.nationalr...rns-mitt-romney

Yes, how hilarious would it be if trump was only worth 900 million, not a billion or more. Poor dude, how does he stretch it out.

seriously tho, since much of his wealth is in real estate and business, small fluctuations in interest rates, and the stock market, can cause huge swings in wealth. He may be worth 2 billion on monday, but a bad stock week may drop him under a billion, and vice versa

Yes, how hilarious would it be if trump was only worth 900 million, not a billion or more. Poor dude, how does he stretch it out.

seriously tho, since much of his wealth is in real estate and business, small fluctuations in interest rates, and the stock market, can cause huge swings in wealth. He may be worth 2 billion on monday, but a bad stock week may drop him under a billion, and vice versa

I don't think you understand how the stock market works

• Like 1

I think this is a pretty good analysis of things.

Matt O'Brien ‏@ObsoleteDogma 47m47 minutes ago

How close are we to the Thermidorian Reaction phase of the Republican civil war?

Matt O'Brien ‏@ObsoleteDogma 37m37 minutes ago

Even now, Republicans can't admit the obvious. Trump isn't taking over because of Obama. It's because of George W. Bush.

Matt O'Brien ‏@ObsoleteDogma 35m35 minutes ago

The Republican Establishment doesn't have the power it used to over its party because it failed as much as was possible between 2001 & 2008.

Matt O'Brien ‏@ObsoleteDogma 34m34 minutes ago

Republicans didn't deal with that at all the last 8 years because they were too busy trying to stop Obama. But now it's tearing them apart.

Matt O'Brien ‏@ObsoleteDogma 35m35 minutes ago

Even during the "Bush boom," from 2002-07, trickle-down economics didn't work: median incomes stagnated despite the fact that GDP grew.

Matt O'Brien ‏@ObsoleteDogma 32m32 minutes ago

Republicans pretend that never happened. It's trickle down now, trickle down tomorrow, trickle down forever. And that's really unpopular!

Matt O'Brien ‏@ObsoleteDogma 32m32 minutes ago

Trickle down is pretty unpopular even within the GOP! So what's left? The racial dog whistles they've used to get working class whites.

Matt O'Brien ‏@ObsoleteDogma 27m27 minutes ago

The reality is the top 1% were able to control the GOP on policy—tax cuts for the rich & deregulating Wall Street—by funding campaigns.

Matt O'Brien ‏@ObsoleteDogma 26m26 minutes ago

But that means the majority of your voters get nothing—NOTHING—from you other than the racial resentment you peddle to them.

Matt O'Brien ‏@ObsoleteDogma 19m19 minutes ago

A Republican Party that was too scared to stand up to birthers hasn't been able to stop the birther-in-chief from taking over? You don't say

Matt O'Brien ‏@ObsoleteDogma 17m17 minutes ago

But I get it: Obama is really to blame for being black, and making Republican voters think he was born somewhere else, right?

So we can mark Brvy down as Pro-Fascist as well

You joke; but just to be clear, I'm not voting for Trump in any scenario.

I just don't like illogical arguments. People patting each other on the back because Trump retweeted a benign comment from a terrible dude proves nothing and it's just more of the petty, illogical, immature politics that has engulfed the country. Ironically, Trump could be the poster boy of this particular frustration of mine.

• Like 1

And I always thought if your stock goes up, your wealth goes up. Learn something new every day.

I think what he was getting at is that if your net worth was in stocks, and it was worth 2 billion on monday but under a billion a week later, that would be a catastrophic collapse, and not really part of the normal ebb and flow of investing.

I don’t like the Donald…I think he is actually a douche bag. That being said you guys aren’t giving him enough credit. He is at the head of a movement that actually makes sense. I think people find him refreshing, I think they find him genuine and they believe much more of what he says then anyone else in either party. He is not politically correct and makes no apologies about it. He is playing a game that none of the others have figured out - the bullets they think they fire at him it only help, and that is from the right. The folks on the left can’t even begin to understand, they have tried to tear him down for almost a year now and have zero success.

It is a bizarre campaign right now, you have a psycho in Cruz, a lap dog to the party in Rubio, Carson who just doesn’t connect with anyone, Hillary who is just an outright liar and dirty even by political standards, Bernie who is such a whack job he can’t even beat Hillary in the party of give everything to everyone…and then there is Trump who for better worse is perceived as the straight shooter. Kind of ironic isn’t it?

I believe the last 12 months is just beginning to show how tired the silent majority is of both parties, how disgusting both act and how both parties don’t get it.

As far as Trump not having any shot, I think that is silly and sadly if he is running against Hillary as I expect I will regretfully vote for him – and I think he wins. Hillary for all her faults (she has too many to count) is just not trustworthy, again this is based on political standard which is an incredibly low bar but she still fails it. I think the Republicans hope she wins the nomination because she is will meltdown in the long run.

I don’t like the Donald…I think he is actually a douche bag. That being said you guys aren’t giving him enough credit. He is at the head of a movement that actually makes sense. I think people find him refreshing, I think they find him genuine and they believe much more of what he says then anyone else in either party. He is not politically correct and makes no apologies about it. He is playing a game that none of the others have figured out - the bullets they think they fire at him it only help, and that is from the right. The folks on the left can’t even begin to understand, they have tried to tear him down for almost a year now and have zero success.

It is a bizarre campaign right now, you have a psycho in Cruz, a lap dog to the party in Rubio, Carson who just doesn’t connect with anyone, Hillary who is just an outright liar and dirty even by political standards, Bernie who is such a whack job he can’t even beat Hillary in the party of give everything to everyone…and then there is Trump who for better worse is perceived as the straight shooter. Kind of ironic isn’t it?

I believe the last 12 months is just beginning to show how tired the silent majority is of both parties, how disgusting both act and how both parties don’t get it.

As far as Trump not having any shot, I think that is silly and sadly if he is running against Hillary as I expect I will regretfully vote for him – and I think he wins. Hillary for all her faults (she has too many to count) is just not trustworthy, again this is based on political standard which is an incredibly low bar but she still fails it. I think the Republicans hope she wins the nomination because she is will meltdown in the long run.

It's funny that people criticize Hillary for dishonesty (rightfully so in many cases) and then support Trump since he basically lies about everything as his go to thing. You can like Trump but not because he is truthful or tells it like it is.

I think the key word is perceived - plus Hillary takes things to new low when it comes to honesty, compared to that standard Trump is practically full disclosure...sad as that sounds!

I can't say that all of this is logical but I believe it is pretty close to accurate

I will disagree with you there, assuming the standard is not Trump being honest but being less of liar then Hillary. That one is not close Hillary is worse - it may be kind of like being the tallest midget in the circus but she is worse.

I will disagree with you there, assuming the standard is not Trump being honest but being less of liar then Hillary. That one is not close Hillary is worse - it may be kind of like being the tallest midget in the circus but she is worse.

The idea that Trump is "less of a liar" than Hillary is so preposterous that I have to assume you're a troll.

Hillary is a liar, but Trump is on a whole different level.

• Like 1

will troll something much more fun then her!

I never said Trump is not a liar, just that Hillary is the gold standard to which all others should be judged. I mean honestly think about it, Hillary has been lying to our faces for the better part of 25 years now. Even if Trump is as bad he has had nowhere near enough time to prove it, no matter how you look at it she loses.

What's the name of that fallacy where you can't tell if someone is trolling because only someone so incredibly wrong could be supporting such a wrong tenet?

It's really hard to describe that fallacy without using some synonym for stupid.