• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's funny? He has a good brain, a great brain. He talks to a lot of people, the best people, and he has the best plan to make things great. He talks to the best and smartest people and uses his tre

I'm hoping she makes Bernie her VP and the indictment comes after the election

so, not random, not a billionaire. gotcha.

Scroomy I want your thoughts on this election, a run down of each candidate.

Lets assume that there are only a couple viable candidates on either side.

Clinton and Sanders for the D's, Trump and Rubio on the right. Cruz is the standard hard-right ideologue Iowa Caucus blip church candidate. To Iowa what Pat Buchanan was to New Hampshire (our last real shot at a legit führer) It all ends shortly after New Hampshire for him, where he can return to his life being the most annoying Munster in the senate.

There is a coinflip chance that Hillary Clinton will eventually see the inside of FPC Danbury for mishandling of classified information. Like, that is a very real thing. Its not just political hay. Two ways they (the FBI) will go about that. One is to use it to indict now and derail her candidacy but accept that Hussein will absolutely pardon her. Two is let the election shake out, wait for Hussein to be out of office then either indict her if she doesn't get elected or let it go if she does.

The fed's don't work in weeks or months. They work in years. She is deep, deep into the weeds on this thing. If anyone is connected enough to get it sorted out without an indictment, it's her but there are a lot of people who are sick and tired of the horseshit the Clinton's have gotten away with over the years and would live to put that old dyke in the can.

Sanders, a commie Jew. We could definitely use a man like that right about now. My vote is either Sanders or Trump.

Sanders will fix the social programs, Trump will fix business and start doing deals for the benefit of America, not some misplaced sense of global altruism. We really need that. I am almost certain he was a spoiler candidate, set up by Hillary Clinton, to either suck votes away from- or rhetorically discredit- the Republican party with Hispanic swing votes. They may have misjudged sentiments in this country right now. We will see this as a story line in a Hollywood movie in the not too distant future (a vote-splitter spoiler candidate, plotted out by the opposition, who goes on to win the election)

What we're seeing here, as far as the violent vacillation of the political pendulum between hard left and hard right is not a good sign. I don't think there's a social cure for partisanship of this kind.

Millennials are deeply authority minded. They've all been raised by helicopter parents, they have ZERO concept of self sufficiency or impulses of adventure/enterprise. Their lives amount to being passively entertained, the ennui of total privilege but with no meaningful life experiences to pull them back to reality. We have an entire generation who has not only been mind****ed by an academic establishment that they're just now learning was all a huge lie but ultimately, they're desperately seeking a government or authority figure to tell them what to do.

Book this. Trump shocks as far as his showing among groups like "New Voters Under 40" and "First Time Voters". The language of "no bullshit" is the new black... which doesn't bode well for blacks.

Trump gets the nomination. He beats Hillary, he loses to Sanders. Dark horse is Rubio but we're talking -1100 to -1500 "punchers chance" type levels relying on some sort of massive Trump implosion, indicating (proving) that he never wanted this thing all along.

Another Hillary Clinton plant to siphon off Bernie votes.

She needs a Ross Perot here. Bad.

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought Bloomberg was talking about running in the General, as an independent, not challenging her for the Democratic nomination. As I understood it, he is considering funding his own campaign, Ross Perot-style, in the general election. He's not the kind of Ross Perot she needs, as I would assume this would really be beneficial to Trump, as he'd suck more Democratic votes than Republican.I do think he could do significantly well with east coast Republicans who are horrified by Trump but also hate Hillary like the plague and would be looking for a 3rd option.

I don't know if Bloomberg has a broad enough appeal, but I think a Trump Verses either Hillary or Sanders would be an amazing spot for a 3rd party/independent candidate, that could run a real, well funded campaign.,

I cant believe trump missed a glorious oppurtunity to run a smackdown on cruz. When cruz challenged trump to a mano -mano debate anyplace anytime before the debate, trump shoulda accepted, and said the debate between us, will run concurently to the debate. Cruz woulda had to back off.

AS far as hillary goes, the time has come to lok the devil in the eye and send her to hell where she belongs.

• Like 1

Well I, for one, love Canadians, so I'm definitely leaning towards voting for Cruz.

Also, the ACA is just a horrible piece of s@#t. Either make it free for everyone, like Britain and Canada, or go back to the way it was, but it's not helping near enough people for all the extra bs to be worth it.

Maybe she doesn't want to get lipstick on his face? Naw, that can't be it; she hates him.

Well I, for one, love Canadians, so I'm definitely leaning towards voting for Cruz.

Also, the ACA is just a horrible piece of s@#t. Either make it free for everyone, like Britain and Canada, or go back to the way it was, but it's not helping near enough people for all the extra bs to be worth it.

It's the first step towards a national plan.

It has empowered a ****ton of people to get health insurance.

Anyone who had a pre-existing condition and couldn't get insurance, it's a lifesaver.

That is a god-awful lot of people.

It's the first step towards a national plan.

It has empowered a ****ton of people to get health insurance.

Anyone who had a pre-existing condition and couldn't get insurance, it's a lifesaver.

That is a god-awful lot of people.

I appreciate that clause, but the high cost is very real. Many people with pre-existing conditions that could pay 500-800 a month have jobs that offer insurance and would be covered anyway. The real issue is the people with pre-existing crap that can't afford the insurance. Now they can't afford the insurance and so they don't get it, and are now getting their tax refund taken from them as a "fine" for not being able to afford it. It's a real shitstorm for those middle of the road, making a little too much for medicaid people... which is the EXACT people that something like this should be protecting the most. Medicaid people don't care about anything that's happening. Rich people care, but not really. It's the lower middle class that's getting just destroyed in the current form.

They really need to go all-in immediately, since there's almost no chance of stopping the train at this point.

• Like 1

I appreciate that clause, but the high cost is very real. Many people with pre-existing conditions that could pay 500-800 a month have jobs that offer insurance and would be covered anyway. The real issue is the people with pre-existing crap that can't afford the insurance. Now they can't afford the insurance and so they don't get it, and are now getting their tax refund taken from them as a "fine" for not being able to afford it. It's a real shitstorm for those middle of the road, making a little too much for medicaid people... which is the EXACT people that something like this should be protecting the most. Medicaid people don't care about anything that's happening. Rich people care, but not really. It's the lower middle class that's getting just destroyed in the current form.

They really need to go all-in immediately, since there's almost no chance of stopping the train at this point.

Your position is rooted in the fact that there is an entire side of life you have never experienced nor seen.

If your only perspective is the cul-de-sac, yeah. Saying something like this (if I'm reading it right):

" Many people with pre-existing conditions that could pay 500-800 a month have jobs that offer insurance and would be covered anyway."

... might make sense, because you apparently have no ****ing idea what $9600 a year means to the majority of the population.

Have you ever heard the saying "let them eat cake" ? Do you know where that came from?

Right before the French Revolution, there was a famine. Upon being informed that the people had no bread to eat and were starving, a member of French Royalty responded by saying "let them eat cake" ... since in her castle, that's what she would do if there were no bread!

Now, lets agree that there are YUUUGE problems with how Obamacare is washing out in practice, however your position is basically that since there are dysfunctions, we should just scrap the system rather than fix its shortcomings. That was the same sentiment that abolished mental health care in this country, too.

• Like 1