RB Marlon Mack

RB James Connor

WR Julian Edelman

WR Tyler Boyd

WR Adam Humphries

TE Zach Ertz

FLEX Gus edwards

DST Colts

Really weird week with all the cash game mainstays either already played or on bye week. This will be the first time all year I've spent up at TE and I actually considered playing Ertz in the TE and Kittle in the flex this week.

The only absolute lock for me was Marlon Mack, one of kittle/Ertz and one of Lamar Jackson and Jameis. It should be a low scoring week for cash games as there isn't a lot of value across the board. In the event that Melvin Gordon sits, I will be playing Austin Ekelar in place of Gus Edwards and probably using the savings to get up to chargers D

This lineup ended up not cashing, but I feel really good about the lineup even in hindsight. The biggest decision point that turned the whole week was picking James Connor over Christian Mccaffrey at the same price point. In hindsight, it obviously looks like a huge mistake, but I still believe with the information available to us before Sunday that is was a correct, or at least reasonable decision. I think this was my favourite lineup of the season, despite the results as I think the thought process was good on every roster decision and the roster had a very solid floor with a chance for much more upside. Even with the Connor decision, I still easily could have cashed. Marlon Mack left the game late in the third quarter 15 yards away from the 100 yard bonus and Tyler Boyd had a 8.5 point catch overturned on a very questionable illegal shift penalty at the very end of the Bengals game.

As it turned out, every "good" play on the week turned out well, so if you were paying attention you probably had a pretty good score, and the week turned on 1 or 2 key roster decisions.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Omfg they changed it. I won     Gshhshdhshhshsjejehbs

Scored 154 points and cashed all double ups comfortably. My alternate lineup with Antonio Brown would have scored about 135 and not cashed.   2/2 this year so far

Got a sweat. If the early game in the NFL finishes with no major changes, I win 5K.

Here's my initial build for my week 13 Cash lineup.

QB Patrick Mahomes

RB Christian Mccaffrey

RB Spencer Ware

WR Adam Thielen

WR Adam Humphries

WR Chris Godwin

TE Eric Ebron

FLEX Aaron Jones

DST Rams

unless something drastic happens, I'm locked on the core of: Ware, Mccaffrey, Thielen, Humphries, Godwin, Ebron.

I am considering 3-man swap of Newton, Saquon Barkley, Browns D instead of Mahomes, Jones, Rams.

My gut tells me that the former is the more optimal lineup (slightly), but it would also be taking a stand against the field on Barkley, as I expect him to be fairly low owned in double ups, and I don't know if the added variance is necessary.

Great stuff Dave. I’m more into nhl and mlb with my small dabbling of DFS. Do you do other sports? Especially NHL. I figured your knowledge of hockey would be an asset or so you think NFL is easier to exploit with a lot more recs?

I don't really consider myself particularly knowledgable about hockey. Compared to the general population, yes, but compared to people who would be playing DFS seriously for money, nah.

I do think that NFL DFS brings in the most recreational money and it's not even close, but the main reason I enjoy it way, way more than other sports is just the way the NFL sets up. You have all week to think things over, do research, make lineups etc.. which is something that I really enjoy doing. Then the actual act of sitting down and watching NFL red Zone on sunday and sweating all your players is so much fun. I'm probably somewhere between a marginal loser and marginal winner long term at NFL DFS, so the number one thing for me is that it is fun. NFL DFS is like the perfect blend of the things that I enjoy doing (fantasy sports, watching sports, gambling). I just don't get the same actual enjoyment out of watching other sports (Leafs games notwithstanding)

• Like 1

Here's my initial build for my week 13 Cash lineup.

QB Patrick Mahomes

RB Christian Mccaffrey

RB Spencer Ware

WR Adam Thielen

WR Adam Humphries

WR Chris Godwin

TE Eric Ebron

FLEX Aaron Jones

DST Rams

unless something drastic happens, I'm locked on the core of: Ware, Mccaffrey, Thielen, Humphries, Godwin, Ebron.

I am considering 3-man swap of Newton, Saquon Barkley, Browns D instead of Mahomes, Jones, Rams.

My gut tells me that the former is the more optimal lineup (slightly), but it would also be taking a stand against the field on Barkley, as I expect him to be fairly low owned in double ups, and I don't know if the added variance is necessary.

Ended up sticking with the original lineup. Scored 175 and Cashed everything.

Week 14

QB deshaun Watson

RB Jaylen Samuels

RB Justin Jackson

WR deandre Hopkins

WR Tyler Boyd

WR Chris Godwin

TE Travis Kelce

FLEX Zeke Elliott

DST Redskins

Honestly not thrilled with the lineup right now. Would like to find a way to get to another high priced RB (McCaffrey or Saquon), but can’t seem to do it without making a sacrifice elsewhere that I’m not comfortable with. Going to continue to tinker before game time to see if I can come up with anything

I did

Lamar Jackson

Zeke

Mccaffrey

Zay Jones

Sterling shepherd

Demaryius

Mark Andrews

Kamara

Houston D

It’s a good tournament lineup. I’m not comfortable with a few things for a cash lineup. Particularly not interested in going cheaper than Watson at QB or Ebron at TE, and Kamara has volume concerns for me to use him in cash.

Week 14

QB deshaun Watson

RB Jaylen Samuels

RB Justin Jackson

WR deandre Hopkins

WR Tyler Boyd

WR Chris Godwin

TE Travis Kelce

FLEX Zeke Elliott

DST Redskins

Honestly not thrilled with the lineup right now. Would like to find a way to get to another high priced RB (McCaffrey or Saquon), but can’t seem to do it without making a sacrifice elsewhere that I’m not comfortable with. Going to continue to tinker before game time to see if I can come up with anything

Ok, made some changes to a lineup I am more comfortable with

QB Deshaun Watson

RB Christian McCaffrey

RB Jaylen Samuels

WR Chris Godwin

WR Courtland Sutton

WR Sterling Shepard

TE Eric Ebron

FLEX Zeke Elliott

DST Steelers

What does "volume concerns" mean?

Volume just mean like how often he is going to get to touch the ball, or have the opportunity to touch the ball. Typically rushing attempts and targets.

The Saints play really slow and share the Rb touches fairly equally between Kamara and Ingram, and the Bucs have started to play a lot slower since they gave Jameis the job back, so I was worried that Kamara would only get 8-10 carries and 3-5 targets, which means his floor can be on the low end, despite his elite talent. Still makes for a good tournament play but I prefer “safer” plays for cash games.

As it turned out, Kamara got 12 carries and 6 targets which is actually not bad but much lower than the projected volume for McCaffrey/Zeke/Barkley who are also elite talents.

• Like 1