Us Politics For Betting (Not Talking About Politics)

This whole Trump thing calling Cruz a cheater is a bit out there..

Maybe what he did was a little unethical, but its politics..Its fair game.

I actually thought that was kind of reasonable of trump. Can't use the word "illegal" but he deleted that almost immediately. The Carson trick was pretty bad by Cruz especially since he didn't apologize, and the awful mail out was even worse. You know I don't say this lightly, but Cruz seems to be the worst Republican in just about every way, though I'm not sure I agree with smarter people's opinions that he is less electable.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was going to let this slide, but I just watched the video in question again and I just can't.   You watched a black man almost moved to tears as he passionately talked about an election and a coun

Most of you know that I am a fiscal conservative. If you didn't, you know now. I didn't vote for Trump and Im pretty sure I wouldn't have voted for Bernie Sanders. Would have looked for a 3rd candidat

My aunt used to foster parent children. I don't know how many she had, but I'd guess a few.   The last one she had she ended up adopting and now she's my cousin and she's awesome. She's early in he

We had friends who adopted domestically. They waited at least 2 years almost till a birth mother chose them. Then one day they get the call to drive to KC because the baby's about to be born.

When they get there they are told that the birth mother decided to keep the baby. Can't remember why. Took almost another year till they got their baby.

Another couple went through the same ordeal. The birth mother was told after that she would be unable to have another child due to some condition they found during birth. So she kept it. Took another year to get a another baby.

Another friend went the cheaper but riskier way of adopting by fostering a child then later adopting. Looooooong horrible 2 yr story later she lost the kid 2 times to family members that kept winning court battles. Last heard the kid was back with her druggie in and out of jail parents. The "friend" has never really recovered sadly.

The reason people wait so long is they want a fresh day old baby. There are plenty 12-36 month old kids to adopt. Plenty. Personally Ana's it's probably crappy of me to say but I know people bitching about their wait but they could easily get a kid and I find it selfish to only accept a newborn. I'm sure that makes me a dick but yeah. That's part of the overcrowding of orphanages and why there's almost 200k kids waiting to be adopted.

We've though about getting Jin a sister or brother. We periodically look.

Another difference in rules as to why surrogacy or generally adopting young children is more common in the US - it's different by state, but in many places a mother only has 48-72 hours to 'change her mind'. In Canada I believe it is at least a month, and in some cases courts have allowed it up to 6 months later. Basically, so long as the mother is healthy and steady, a court could take away the child from legally adoptive parents after the kid has been with them for 3-6 months, which just seems too heartbreaking to imagine.

I know my wife and I considered adoption but out popped 2 more miracle babies after Otto

I have a client whose wife had issues so they adopted twin Russian babies (girl and boy)

You can tell that the kids are not theirs because he is like 6"3 and she is 6"0. The kids are 5"5 at best.

The father however raves about them especially the son. He is presently on a golf scholarship down south (I think North Carolina). He will not stop talking about him. My meetings could last 2-4 hours instead of 30 mins

All I can say is to all the parents of adopted babies/children. I only have much respect for. I know a friend of my wife who I can't stand she adopted because her 2nd husband had issues. I pretty much did a 360 and have only respect for her now

• Like 1

Both by huge margins. Hope this gives Bernie some

Momentum into the states where he is a big underdog

Even though I would like to see a Republian president I love to see Bernie crush Hillary

The longer the republican race has 4+ horses, the better for Trump. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Rubio/Bush/kasich is reduced to 1, and it's just trump/Cruz/moderate

The longer the republican race has 4+ horses, the better for Trump. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Rubio/Bush/kasich is reduced to 1, and it's just trump/Cruz/moderate

Did I hear right that Bloomberg has it his hat in now? If that's true that could make some waves. He's a republican I could see myself voting for. He's seems mainly to be a fiscal conservative which is ok and not one with crazy right wing whatever you want to call it.

Guess he's independent now. But he seems to me to be from the old Republican mold. Not this new Republican Party. He'd probably ly take a lot of votes away from the Republican candidates and Hilary. Could make things pretty interesting if he does run.

Edit:wiki says he was a R till 2007 and is now an independent.

Guess he's independent now. But he seems to me to be from the old Republican mold. Not this new Republican Party. He'd probably ly take a lot of votes away from the Republican candidates and Hilary. Could make things pretty interesting if he does run.

Edit:wiki says he was a R till 2007 and is now an independent.

if he comes in it guarantees a Republican is the next President

Yeah isn't it too late to run as a republican or a democrat now? Because I think registration for a lot of the primaries is closed or something. So he would have to run as an independent.

Yeah isn't it too late to run as a republican or a democrat now? Because I think registration for a lot of the primaries is closed or something. So he would have to run as an independent.

Yeah I think he has till march.

RANT

We've discussed that Cruz would probably be worse for the United States -IMO,because he's as hateful and close-minded as Trump, but has actual policies and unselfish intentions so he'd actually make those harmful changes, whereas Trump would just build himself a throne, call everyone a loser, get laughed at by the world, and write toothless policies that would be ignored or wouldn't survive legal challenges.

But my goodness does Trump reflect more poorly on voters. He is just an ugly, hateful bully. He does not have a single coherent, legal policy suggestion.

END RANT

GAMBLING DISCUSSION

Seriously, who the hell will even challenge Trump/Cruz at this stage? I think best-case scenario is for those two to go at eachother so each side becomes anti- the other one, and eventually they'll join forces with whichever of Kasich/Bush/Rubio holds on.

The real question is what percentage of Bush supporters will jump ship to Cruz and vice versa if either ever drops out. I think eventually, the moderate voters will all combine to support one of Bush/Rubio/Kasich. Whether that will be enough to overcome trump/Cruz is anyone's guess. I do believe if Trump gets the nomination, there will be a very strong "anyone but trump" sentiment among the voting public that should overwhelm Trump supporters.

Trump other than around the whole xenophobic immigration crap has general vague policies that appeal to the average person far more than the standard cut taxes get rid of Obamacare line of the standard Republican including the so called moderates. He is not a Conservative he is a populist which is why he has a chance to garner a lot more support than people who are outraged by all the other crap think he should.

From someone who has not followed this at all. Trump has the best line

"Let's make America great again"

Great line for a campaign. Sadly the person saying it will not come close to fulfilling it. He has the possibility to make it worse than it already is. Most of them in this election will not help America ruse to where it once stood. We need to make sure the person whose elected is not going to dig us further down the hole.

If change is what someone wants then it seems like Sanders is the best choice.

I think he comes with less risk to all levels of society. He won't destroy the rich, no one will, but he also won't destroy the middle class. Destroying the middle class will not help this country grow on any way shape or form.

Bob, I don't think we can marginalize the fact that Trump is an angry, hateful, racist bully. He may be a populist, and his policies may be a lot closer to center than most other R candidates, but that first part is really important for somebody who could eventually be one of the most powerful single people in the entire world.

forget policies. Is it healthy for America to be the most hated country in the world by a factor much greater than it already is? Trump basically embodies the negative stereotype about Americans that already exists in the world. Propoganda machines wouldn't even need to heavily edit anything, they could just show videos of Trump speaking and it is going to effectively spread hate for America.