Us Politics For Betting (Not Talking About Politics)

Anyone but Serge surprised at the revelations about Hannity?

I have not made a political post for this reason. Why must you mention my name for no reason? I appreciate you stop from referring and using my name and just basically be a troll.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was going to let this slide, but I just watched the video in question again and I just can't.   You watched a black man almost moved to tears as he passionately talked about an election and a coun

Most of you know that I am a fiscal conservative. If you didn't, you know now. I didn't vote for Trump and Im pretty sure I wouldn't have voted for Bernie Sanders. Would have looked for a 3rd candidat

My aunt used to foster parent children. I don't know how many she had, but I'd guess a few.   The last one she had she ended up adopting and now she's my cousin and she's awesome. She's early in he

Daniel Dale

Verified account

@ddale8

Following Following @ddale8

More

WASHINGTON -- The president's divorce lawyer says the president's personal lawyer, whose home was raided by the FBI, might rat out the president to the special counsel who has charged four members of the president's campaign, because he is afraid of being raped by black men.

Daniel Dale

Verified account

@ddale8

Following Following @ddale8

More

WASHINGTON -- The president's divorce lawyer says the president's personal lawyer, whose home was raided by the FBI, might rat out the president to the special counsel who has charged four members of the president's campaign, because he is afraid of being raped by black men.

And Guillani.. just as he came under investigation from Mueller miraculous joins Trump legal team in an attempt to invoke privilege?

• 1 month later...

NarowlyDecidedHat

‏@Popehat

I can hear Manafort and his lawyers.

Lawyers: WE TOLD YOU NOT TO TALK TO ANYONE

Manafort: BUT IT WAS IN COOODE, WITH AN AAAAAAPPPP

Lawyers: Yeah, you're going to need to increase your fee deposit

Manafort: How much?

Lawyers: Write zeroes *******. We'll tell you when to stop.

Can't believe you Canadian aholes were the ones who burnt down the White House.

kind of like the trade war. The Americans burned down York which is what Toronto was called back then and our side (The Brits mostly) burned down the White House. We probably should have never given back Detroit.

• 2 weeks later...

Since you asked, I'm pretty sure it is wrong. But......

My wife and I discussed this. As an everyday thing we agreed it's wrong. But we also agreed there are extreme cases where it isn't wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Harley Davidson CEO Matthew S Levatich says: "Our decision to move some of our operations is 100% based on President Trumps tariffs. Mr. Trump knows nothing about economics and even less about trade. The man is a moron."

Harley Davidson CEO Matthew S Levatich says: "Our decision to move some of our operations is 100% based on President Trumps tariffs. Mr. Trump knows nothing about economics and even less about trade. The man is a moron."

It’s a fake quote Great example of how “news” is circulated.

It's a fake quote Great example of how "news" is circulated.

yah, a CEO can think that and maybe say it in a very private setting but it would be a firing offence to do it in public unless you own the company.

It’s a fake quote Great example of how “news” is circulated.

This is true, and the actual fake news, kind of like Pizzagate, birtherism, etc. I feel the need to differentiate this from the “fake news” that Trump and co pretend comes from CNN/ABC/NYT/WaPo, etc. I bet none of their reporters are circulating that quote!

This is true, and the actual fake news, kind of like Pizzagate, birtherism, etc. I feel the need to differentiate this from the "fake news" that Trump and co pretend comes from CNN/ABC/NYT/WaPo, etc. I bet none of their reporters are circulating that quote!

Seriously? Anyone who thinks the news media listed above doesn't have an agenda is fooling themselves irregardless of what Trump says or doesn't say

Seriously? Anyone who thinks the news media listed above doesn't have an agenda is fooling themselves irregardless of what Trump says or doesn't say

I would agree, and say that its always been that way, at least in my lifetime.

But the word 'agenda' is so loosely used today that suddenly there are massive conspiracy theories, and not just simple agendas based on personal beliefs/gains.

1) they don’t really have an agenda. They are businesses and so certainly tend towards extremism, but that’s different than what I consider an agenda

2) the entire editorial process is about eliminating bias and reporting facts. Acting like some high-level corporate agenda eradicates that process is false.

3) even if the first two were true, there is still a responsibility of people (mostly elected officials) to respond to factual reports. If the National Enquirer reports something and presents real evidence (it happens sometimes!), there is a duty to respond honestly.

I would agree that left/right bias certainly exists to some extent with all media outlets, but let's not pretend like Trump isn't using the term fake news to try to discredit stories that portray him unfavorably even if they are entirely credible/sourced/vetted.

I think DannyGs point is that there is ridiculous actual fake news generated and circulated by both sides, but very rarely are these stories being peddled by the outlets that Trump claims to be dishonest and unfair.

That isn't to say that they aren't putting their own spin on the story though, but I think that goes back to some level of political bias with all media.