Charity Tournament For Bryan Micon

Oh no question. I think holding up Micon's child as a reason we should support him is sleazy. The child should have been in the equation for Micon in the first place, when he chose to run an online gambling site in the one place on earth most hostile to online gambling. While I might not judge a man's willingness to shoot the dice on a crime for payoff gamble, I certainly don't think losing that dice roll makes you a sympathetic candidate for charity. Micon is in the position he's in based on choices and gambles he made. I can't imagine why I'd want to subsidize his -ev gambling, on either the tables or in life.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right? I mean, it's not like Micon is a German.     Or maybe he is, I don't know.

Its not legal minutiae. He was operating an unlicensed poker room from US soil, in the one jurisdiction that would take it most seriously. He clearly wasn't the developer, but do you think Russ Hamilt

No; it says right in the first line-it's his friend. Jeez

Instead of writing more Micon-style rhetoric, I would instead post verifiable information about yourself, to prove that you are indeed a separate person, a person with a reputation we can trust. Because, above and beyond all the other reasons why this is a dumb idea that no one is interested in, absolutely NO one is going to trust a utter Anon with 5 posts to run and organize any kind of charitable activity. You understand that, right?

I hear that. If it matters in terms of participation, I can privately contact you with my info. I only ask that you don't share it with the haters, as I generally perfer to stay in the background and observe from a distance. I'm really not the right guy to be organizing this, but nobody else seems to be picking up the ball right now.

Joke all you want, but Ethiopia is the ideal place for Micon right now, assuming coffee is a priority, and aggressive ignorance and racism aren't going to earn him a lot of support. He needs all the allies he can get.

Yes he does. Jamaica might also be a good option due to the abundance of both coffee and weed. Last I heard, visitors could take up to 1 pound of pure Jamaican bud off the island with no questions asked. Plus, Jamaicans tend to be super laid back and friendly, so I think he'd fit right in. Something else to consider is that Jamaica isn't that far from Antigua, so he could probably just hop on a small sailboat or something and drift on over (hint, hint).

The smart thing for me to do isn't the same as the smart thing for someone else to do, because I'm dangerous as shit, and not in the internet tough guy way, but in the there are dead people in real life kind of way.

C'mon. You're going to karate chop somebody with a gun in your ribs, tough guy? Real tough guys use their strength to protect the innocent and persecute the genuinely guilty. They don't dump on peaceful and good natured people like Micon.

His choices in this matter were still stupid.

Okay, but stupid != criminal. Do you think he should spend the next 8-20 years in a cage? Doesn't he still deserve a good legal defense?

Also, businesses like that take a lot of work and provide a lot of value. You don't just turn on the software and watch money pour in. Micon did a lot of good detective work and busted up a whole bunch of online collusion rings, for example. On three separate occasions my account was credited out of the blue after he caught people doing stuff like that.

Guys with integrity in this business are about as rare as a four-leafed clover. So I vote with my dollars and support them.

The child should have been in the equation for Micon in the first place, when he chose to run an online gambling site in the one place on earth most hostile to online gambling....

Okay, but keep in mind that Micon was already involved with SWC long before his kid was even born. And for the record, I don't think he really ran everything. On several occasions, I remember him saying something about management not agreeing with some of his decisions. In any case, he obviously had a lot of help.

C'mon. You're going to karate chop somebody with a gun in your ribs, tough guy?

Karate chop...

lol.

There is a reason any relatively well trained police officer or soldier knows better than to hold a gun against someone's body, especially the front. Since I've trained as both, I'm familiar with the reason quite intimately.

Real tough guys use their strength to protect the innocent and persecute the genuinely guilty. They don't dump on peaceful and good natured people like Micon.

This is funny on so many levels, and again because of who you are saying it to, I can't even unpack it for you.

Okay, but stupid != criminal.

No, it doesn't.

But what you're failing to understand is that criminal != immoral, and despite that fact we must navigate society in certain ways, and fight certain fights accordingly.

Do you think he should spend the next 8-20 years in a cage?

I don't know the specifics of the case, but probably not. But he should have fucking considered that as he was committing his crime.

Doesn't he still deserve a good legal defense?

This goes back to the earlier distinction made about risk/reward in regard to stupidity.

If he were making enough to justify the risk, he wouldn't need any help paying for a good legal defense.

----

Disclaimer: I have graduated the police academy, and am certified to be a cop, but I am not a cop, and probably will never apply to be a cop. I did it for fun and because I got paid for the training by the GI bill.

Honestly, you'd probably fail out of the police application process for having too high of IQ

While the ignorant, gorilla, violent arsehole trope is exaggerated in regards to police, there is a discernible and non-trivial elevation in personality and ignorance type in terms of authoritarian, republican, racist, xenophobic stupidity verses a general sample of the U.S. population.

While the ignorant, gorilla, violent arsehole trope is exaggerated in regards to police, there is a discernible and non-trivial elevation in personality and ignorance type in terms of authoritarian, republican, racist, xenophobic stupidity verses a general sample of the U.S. population.

4ebd34c1cfbd5.gif

From pfa

http://pokerfraudale...Nevada)/page106

Okay, so I promised to reveal what Negreanu told me about Micon, so here goes...

During mid-late Day 2 of the $3k Limit event, I was moved off my very good table to a not-so-good one, with Negreanu to my left. Table basically had no fish and I also ran bad, so I only lasted a few hours, and missed the money by 14 spots. Blah.

But anyway, Brandon tweeted at me that he would excuse me from an "expensive burger bet" I lost to him if I asked Negreanu about Micon, and recorded it.

I decided to ask Negreanu, but not record it. Simply put, I generally like Negreanu, and think he's good for poker, and I don't want to be a dick and secretly record him, even if it would make for good forum/radio lulz.

However, I see no problem in revealing the general details of the conversation, as it was at the tournament table and not private or quiet.

I started off by asking him, "Did you hear about what happened to Bryan Micon?"

I was fully aware that Negreanu may not have known that Micon and I were no longer friends.

Indeed, that seemed to be the case, as Negreanu instantly shot back, "I'd call it karma!", but then realizing we might be friends, qualified it with, "...Umm... I think?"

I told him that I agreed it was karma, and suddenly Negreanu was off to the races, feeling safe to vent.

Basically he said the following:

- Micon was obsessed with harassing him about Choice Center, and Daniel had no idea what caused the obsession

- He had a 2-hour telephone conversation with Micon at one point, trying to get him to calm down with the anti-Choice-Center rhetoric. Micon spent the entire time insisting it was a cult and that it was hurting people, and wouldn't back off his assertions, so Negreanu finally had to give up after arguing with him for 2 hours (lol)

- He didn't like that Micon repeatedly bashed Choice Center without having personally experienced it. He said that Micon was posting "a combination of misinformation and half-truths, with a few small truths mixed in", and wouldn't stop.

- He finally gave up debating publicly with Micon about it, when it became clear to him that Micon was trying to just use the whole thing to get attention for himself, trying to be the guy who made Daniel Negreanu look crazy/stupid.

- He felt Micon "obviously has a lot of anger in him" to be behaving the way he does

- He had no sympathy for Micon's situation with the Seals bust, saying that even if you disagree with the law, you can't just break it for profit and expect no consequences, or call yourself a victim of the government when you get busted.

- He "wanted to say something publicly" criticizing Micon's gofundme page, but restrained himself because he felt it would just create unnecessary controversy.

- The person who gave Micon the Choice Center paperwork was NOT Martha, but rather a friend of Micon's named Katja. I did not get Katja's last name.

Anyway, suffice to say that Daniel isn't going to be contributing to Micon's legal fund.

• Like 1

Oh man, id forgotten about that choice center thing. That was a cult though, wasnt it? I mean i dont remember much about it or really care to investigate further, but i think i remember thinking it was pretty cultish.

• 2 weeks later...

So, Micon cut a deal this morning, signed the papers in a Vegas court house, then that afternoon, showed up to play in the WSOP 1500 Dealers choice event. Looks like that *ahem* legal defense fund money is hard at work.

ZqIj2UN.jpg

That picture is from Today. #KingOfAllDegenerates

God, I'd love it if Micon won. Good luck out there, DealerNate.

yeah i missed that. i'm not prejudice towards the jewish people. they're aces in my book. but this guy, micon, he looks like a chid molesting ponzi schemer. his face is not a good face.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah i missed that. i'm not prejudice towards the jewish people. they're aces in my book. but this guy, micon, he looks like a chid molesting ponzi schemer. his face is not a good face.

This is what a child-molesting ponzi schemer looks like:

slim5.jpg