Charity Tournament For Bryan Micon

he has a family and two year old daughter.

Well then he shouldn't have broken the law, and instead of worked to get the law changed while not... breaking the law.

It's like throwing somebody in a cage for 20 years for selling a bag of weed.

No it isn't. For many different reasons. Further, the weed laws are changing because people are changing them. Selling weed before it becomes legal does not make you a hero, it makes you an idiot.

In Nazi Germany, it was against the rules to be a Jew. How is this any different from Micon's situation today?

First: you godwin'd this topic? This?

Second: if you need someone to explain how this is any different, you're a god damn fucking retard.

• Like 2
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right? I mean, it's not like Micon is a German.     Or maybe he is, I don't know.

Its not legal minutiae. He was operating an unlicensed poker room from US soil, in the one jurisdiction that would take it most seriously. He clearly wasn't the developer, but do you think Russ Hamilt

No; it says right in the first line-it's his friend. Jeez

Hey um.. "Nate" since I have your ear.. do you know what the story of the beef between Karina Jett and You... er.. I mean, Micon is?

So jaded! Someone's always lying in poker, so maybe that's a good instinct. But seriously, I'm not Micon!

Karina Jett, Todd, Zoe, Dustin? No idea who these people are. Are they connected with the Grindabit forumn? Yes, SWC and Grindabit had a falling out some time ago. I don't know exactly what happened, but here's my take on it: Grindabit basically sold out and started promoting a whole bunch of sleazy sites. Micon felt that promoting sites like that gave a bad rap to bitcoin poker in general. So they split. That's my read on it.

What's the coffee situation like for Micon down there? The odd thing about a lot of the best coffee growing regions like certain Latin-American countries and Kenya is that they don't actually drink coffee there, and don't know shit about roasting it. That's why if I were on the lamb, I'd hit Ethiopia. Could you pass that along to Micon?

Maybe that's because Kenyans would rather spend their meager income on real food. Just a guess. I really don't know him that well, but I'll mention it next chance I get.

Answer me this, Micon: rules are rules, who are we without our integrity?

It's like this. Have you ever done something illegal, knowing that it might be illegal, but you did it anyway because the activity was basically harmless?

That's how some guys are. They live according to their own moral compass and sometimes it gets them in hot water. I think Micon has a very good moral compass and that's why I call him my friend. Okay, sometimes he miscalculates. Sometimes he does things that are just plain weird. Things like shooting YouTube videos while lounging around in his bathrobe and hitting a bong. But guys like that are straight shooters. They'll back you up when popular opinion turns against you. It's the guys who always follow the herd that end up stabbing you in the back.

Maybe I'm wrong about Micon. Maybe I'm the sucker at the table. But my intuition says no.

You're a poker dealing friend of Micons, who knows enough about Micon's poker dealings to know Micon went HAM on DN's cult, but you don't know who his former NWP partner, Todd Witteles is? Seriously?

Second: if you need someone to explain how this is any different, you're a god damn fucking retard.

You know Sklanksky = Dirty Dutch, right? Normally I'd let someone who stepped on one of Dutch's tiger traps just skewer themselves but I've got too much respect for you and the history of this forum to stand by and watch you do it.

So I just want to clarify something and give ya'll a quick update. No, I am not Micon nor do I have any affiliation with SWC. I don't even know Micon that well except that we've played a lot of OFC/p and Yahtzee together and I know he's for real.

What makes it personal for me is that he has a family and two year old daughter. I also have a two year old daughter and the thought of a little girl growing up without her father just breaks my heart. We're talking about an alleged crime with no identifiable victim whatsoever. It's like throwing somebody in a cage for 20 years for selling a bag of weed.

So this is my plan. Today I'm going out to buy a whole bunch of poker visors. Those visors will be prizes in the tournament. I'm going to pitch the idea to as many celebrities and quasi-celebrities as I can think of and ask them to sign a visor. If sombody really famous agrees to it, those visors might have real collectors value some day. Plus, how cool would it be to play poker with somebody like Charlie Sheen via webcam? Pretty cool, yes? (I don't know Charlie, I just picked that name as an example).

Also, I'm still looking for a site to host the event. Best case scenario would be to partner with a company like PokerStars to help with promotion and what not. But as the mod said, that's probably a long shot. I think PokerStars is trying to maintain a squeaky-clean image for the regulated market. But who knows. All I can do is ask and see what happens. Other options exist, like maybe a play-money network like Zynga or yahoo games or something like that.

I think it would also be cool to set up webcams and broadcast the event over twitch.tv or something like that. Just throwing ideas out there. That is all.

I think its admirable that you want to help someone you think is getting ****ed and you're a do'er.

That being said, your plan is unrealistic, its a massive flop waiting to happen and Micon isn't getting 30 years (he will likely get something, but not anywhere near a full barrel sentencing.) I don't know dick about LV/NV law, but a regulatory offence, he has no criminal record and Jews are protected by a magical force field in the legal system, he's a strong probation or house arrest candidate, which is unfortunate since the King of All Degenerates would richly deserve being relentlessly mocked about his time being forcibly sodomized by negroes.

If you want to help Micon, my guess is sending btc would be the best way to do it.

When you have a 2 year old daughter, you stop doing shady shit. Prisons are filled with losers and gray area types who would've loved to leave their hustle behind when they had a kid but it was all they knew. He could've gone and gotten a schmuck job like anyone else but he decided not to. The risk is that the goon squad shows up and you have to leave your kid to go do time.

Chill, Spaderman. He was joking.

Well then he shouldn't have broken the law, and instead of worked to get the law changed while not... breaking the law.

No it isn't. For many different reasons. Further, the weed laws are changing because people are changing them. Selling weed before it becomes legal does not make you a hero, it makes you an idiot.

Right? I mean, it's not like Micon is a German.

Or maybe he is, I don't know.

• Like 5

It's like this. Have you ever done something illegal, knowing that it might be illegal, but you did it anyway because the activity was basically harmless?

That's how some guys are. They live according to their own moral compass and sometimes it gets them in hot water. I think Micon has a very good moral compass and that's why I call him my friend. Okay, sometimes he miscalculates. Sometimes he does things that are just plain weird. Things like shooting YouTube videos while lounging around in his bathrobe and hitting a bong. But guys like that are straight shooters. They'll back you up when popular opinion turns against you. It's the guys who always follow the herd that end up stabbing you in the back.

Maybe I'm wrong about Micon. Maybe I'm the sucker at the table. But my intuition says no.

Fvck you and your moral conundrum, you meat headed shit sack. You are neither hot nor cold, so because you are lukewarm i will spit you from my mouth.

• Like 3
Maybe that's because Kenyans would rather spend their meager income on real food. Just a guess. I really don't know him that well, but I'll mention it next chance I get.

I don't think you have an accurate perception of Keynan poverty.

• Like 1

Fvck you and your moral conundrum, you meat headed shit sack. You are neither hot nor cold, so because you are lukewarm i will spit you from my mouth.

I'm really torn on this. I should probably throw it a like, because I mean... what a quote; but the beginning kindof tarnishes the religiosity.

• Like 1

I'm really torn on this. I should probably throw it a like, because I mean... what a quote; but the beginning kindof tarnishes the religiosity.

I feel like the juxtaposition only adds to the like-worthiness of it. If I could give two likes I would. Well I guess I could do that, I could probably give 10 likes, but it's a lot of work to login with 10 different accounts.

• Like 1

So much venom you guys! Dial it back a notch, k? I also hear some interesting and valid points, so I'll try to respond.

You're a poker dealing friend of Micons, who knows enough about Micon's poker dealings to know Micon went HAM on DN's cult, but you don't know who his former NWP partner, Todd Witteles is? Seriously?

That's correct. I've only know him since 2012, so it's not like we grew up together. That said, I've been observing his behavior fairly closely since then and I think I have a pretty good read on him. Except for what I've read on Donkdown, I know zippy zap about Choice Center.

I don't think you have an accurate perception of Keynan poverty.

I fully concede my ignorance on this topic. Maybe Ethiopia will be good for him. He does need to lose some weight.

... your plan is unrealistic, its a massive flop waiting to happen and Micon isn't getting 30 years (he will likely get something, but not anywhere near a full barrel sentencing.) ...

Sure it could be a flop, but so what? Worst case scenario, I get zero players, which is precisely what I'd get if I did nothing at all. So what's the downside? Plus, I don't like standing by while good people get thrown under the bus.

What I hear you saying is that what Micon did was technically illegal and practically stupid. I get that. I'm not qualified to comment on the legal stuff, but I agree with you on a practical level.

But for the sake of clear thought, let's separate out the legal, practical, and moral aspects of this situation.

Micon definitely miscalculated the risks vs. benefits of the whole bitcoin poker enterprise, especially while living in Las Vegas. I agree. The Nevada mafia has always tried to shut down the competition. So I concede the practical and legal arguments. But as a friend, I personally only care about the moral argument.

Suppose a mugger sticks a gun into your ribs and asks for your wallet, OK? On a practical level, what's the smart thing to do? Hand over your wallet, right? Why? Because he's pointing a gun at you. But at the same time, you recognize the situation as morally illegitimate. You have no moral obligation to hand over your wallet.

No it isn't (like selling a bag of weed). For many different reasons. Further, the weed laws are changing because people are changing them. Selling weed before it becomes legal does not make you a hero, it makes you an idiot.

Well, both are examples of victimless crimes. As a general moral principle, I accept that real crimes require at least one victim. In the case of selling a bag of weed, we're talking about a voluntary transacation between a willing buyer and a willing seller. As long as the seller doesn't misrepresent the product or engage in fraud, there's no crime. No victim = no crime. Now of course, politicians can write down on paper that selling a bag of weed is a crime. But I agrue that all such laws are morally illegitimate. But maybe you disagree with my moral principle? OK fine, but then what priciples are you operating from? If you just say that right and wrong = whatever the government says. Well, I think that's a terrible principle. You're bascially admitting that you have no moral rudder whatsoever.

Fvck you and your moral conundrum, ****

No conundrum. It's a provisional judgement based on limited information. That's what poker players do.

"Let the haters hate. Let the players play." -Micon

How about you be a player?

Starvation and malnutrition in upper-tier African nations is mostly a function of childhood disease. Joke all you want, but Ethiopia is the ideal place for Micon right now, assuming coffee is a priority, and aggressive ignorance and racism aren't going to earn him a lot of support. He needs all the allies he can get.

Listen, Micon, I want to be clear, I have no venom towards you., I've always rooted for you and I've felt that you were always your own worst enemy, and the general venom towards you at NWP/DD by much of your userbase was unwarranted. Shout out to Martha, btw. /\/\-Squad 4 Lyfe.

Also, I understand that you've been advised to stay off social media by your lawyer, and you're sort of pot committed into this whole "DealerNate" persona. But each word you write, convinces me more that Dealer Nate= Micon. The only other possibility is that you're a troll, doing a very good Micon impression while denying to be micon. If so, I tip my hat to you, but you should have PM'd me from the get go so I wouldn't queer your action.

Instead of writing more Micon-style rhetoric, I would instead post verifiable information about yourself, to prove that you are indeed a separate person, a person with a reputation we can trust. Because, above and beyond all the other reasons why this is a dumb idea that no one is interested in, absolutely NO one is going to trust a utter Anon with 5 posts to run and organize any kind of charitable activity. You understand that, right?

• Like 1

Listen, Micon, I want to be clear, I have no venom towards you., I've always rooted for you and I've felt that you were always your own worst enemy, and the general venom towards you at NWP/DD by much of your userbase was unwarranted. Shout out to Martha, btw. /\/\-Squad 4 Lyfe.

Also, I understand that you've been advised to stay off social media by your lawyer, and you're sort of pot committed into this whole "DealerNate" persona. But each word you write, convinces me more that Dealer Nate= Micon. The only other possibility is that you're a troll, doing a very good Micon impression while denying to be micon. If so, I tip my hat to you, but you should have PM'd me from the get go so I wouldn't queer your action.

Instead of writing more Micon-style rhetoric, I would instead post verifiable information about yourself, to prove that you are indeed a separate person, a person with a reputation we can trust. Because, above and beyond all the other reasons why this is a dumb idea that no one is interested in, absolutely NO one is going to trust a utter Anon with 5 posts to run and organize any kind of charitable activity. You understand that, right?

This. I think the reason we are messing around and being silly is that this feels kind of silly. I was never really a NWP/DD poster, but always liked Micon and his radio shows, and I doubt anyone in the poker world thinks it's a positive thing for him to be punished. But I'm not going to take this seriously if he doesn't.

• Like 1

Also, I'm not sure if this thread was started in Off-Topic, or got moved here, but you should know basically no one reads this forum except for like 8 regulars ( and now Todd, of course. Hi Todd!)

I can speak for all 8 of us regulars and none of us are going to donate to this cause. Well, maybe Sklansky will, he's the charitable sort, but that's about it. Daniel certainly doesn't read this forum, and if you want him to be interested in anything you say, you better tfire up an intense passion for hockey and head over to that forum.

I guess what i'm saying is, there have to be more efficient uses of your Micon-shilling time, than arguing your cause on a dead forum. This place is a half step up from Skatz at this point.

You know Sklanksky = Dirty Dutch, right? Normally I'd let someone who stepped on one of Dutch's tiger traps just skewer themselves but I've got too much respect for you and the history of this forum to stand by and watch you do it.

Yeah, I knew it was him, and yes, I knew it might be a "joke". Neither mattered, it was stupid either way.

"Tiger trap". pfft, ****ing please.

Suppose a mugger sticks a gun into your ribs and asks for your wallet, OK? On a practical level, what's the smart thing to do? Hand over your wallet, right? Why? Because he's pointing a gun at you. But at the same time, you recognize the situation as morally illegitimate. You have no moral obligation to hand over your wallet.

First, this is a poor example because of who you're speaking to specifically. The smart thing for me to do isn't the same as the smart thing for someone else to do, because I'm dangerous as shit, and not in the internet tough guy way, but in the there are dead people in real life kind of way.

But the bigger issue is just the quality of the analogy itself. The mugger is, by all definitions, to nearly all people, the one doing something illegal and immoral in your analogy. Associating the victim with the person doing the illegal, and to many, immoral activity in real life is muddy and poorly constructed.

Well, both are examples of victimless crimes. As a general moral principle, I accept that real crimes require at least one victim. In the case of selling a bag of weed, we're talking about a voluntary transacation between a willing buyer and a willing seller. As long as the seller doesn't misrepresent the product or engage in fraud, there's no crime. No victim = no crime. Now of course, politicians can write down on paper that selling a bag of weed is a crime. But I agrue that all such laws are morally illegitimate. But maybe you disagree with my moral principle? OK fine, but then what priciples are you operating from? If you just say that right and wrong = whatever the government says. Well, I think that's a terrible principle. You're bascially admitting that you have no moral rudder whatsoever.

This is dumb.

At no point did I claim that any particular law is moral or immoral. Nor did I imply any such thing.

I do not find using or selling weed immoral. Nor poker. Nor prostitution for that matter. Or abortion. Or gay people getting married. Or stem cell research.

What I do claim is that running a prostitution ring, a gambling site, or slinging dime-sacs are stupid ways to make a living unless or until you can do them without risking going to prison.

Further, there is a distinction between risking going to prison in response to persecutions of people for who they are, and risking going to prison to make money doing something that the society in which you live currently considers a vice, by choice. I am not saying MLK and Harriet Tubman were stupid for breaking "laws" for social reasons.

I am saying that Micon running gambling stuff, or Jim selling joints out of his bedroom window are not ****ing MLK or Harriet Tubman. They are two dudes trying to make money doing something while it is illegal, rather than getting the law changed. They are not social heroes, they are bad at navigating life.

I don't even dislike Micon. My only experience with him was smashing his forum in poker when they came a-shit-talking some time years ago. He took the beatings well.

His choices in this matter were still stupid.

I'm don't think committing crimes to make money is de facto stupid. Many fortunes have been made committing crimes. Its just a risk/reward evaluation. Is this risk of prison worth the chance of wealth? For some no amount of money is worth the slightest chance of imprisionment. Im not going to judge a man for tossing those dice, particularly for a crime who's illegality I think is nonsense. I will, however, judge the odds he's laying on that toss. Running a poker site in Nevada is, well, high risk. Should a man with a family be more risk adverse? Probably so. I don't think its results oriented to second guess the ways these crimes were commmitted. Just living in another state would have drawn less heat, and living in Antigua in the first place probably would have been safest still.

I'm don't think committing crimes to make money is de facto stupid. Many fortunes have been made committing crimes. Its just a risk/reward evaluation. Is this risk of prison worth the chance of wealth? For some no amount of money is worth the slightest chance of imprisionment.

Yeah, I'm fine with this qualification. It's a different matter if we're talking about some wall street type breaking laws for millions of dollars, knowing that if he were caught he'd get a light club med stint if anything at all, in terms of being stupid.

Dreadful and sociopathic, maybe, but not stupid. If Micon was pulling in 500k a year or something, and can keep it, that might be a defense against my "stupid" accusation.

However,

Im not going to judge a man for tossing those dice.

When someone is in here pleading his case using things like "he has kids", **** that. All the more reason to judge.