ok, so im an idiot.....

ignore kurt! :club: EV is expected value. it's just that--how much value you can expect on a gamble.example 1: you and i flip coins. every time it lands tails, you give me $1. every time it lands heads, i give you $1. on any given flip, i gain $1 half the time and lose $1 half the time, so my EV = 1/2 (+$1) + 1/2 (-$1) = $0.example 2: you and i flip coins. every time it lands tails, you give me $2. every time it lands heads, i still give you $1. on any give flip, i gain $2 half the time and lose $1 half the time, so my EV = 1/2 (+$2) + 1/2 (-$1) = +$0.50. that means that in the long run, i gain 50 cents on every flip on average.example 3: you're playing $5/10 limit, and you have the nut flush draw on the turn against top pair, so you have 9 outs to hit your card out of 46 unseen cards. let's say the pot is $100 here, and you have to call $10 (for simplicity, assume no action on the river). you will win $100 here 9/46 of the time, and lose $10 here 37/46 of the time, so your EV = 9/46 (+$100) + 37/46 (-$10) = +$11.52. since your EV is positive, you should make this call each time. you expect to gain $11.52 on average, every time you make this call.example 4: poker tracker tells me that A-A in $1/2 limit has earned me around $1,400 over the 100 or so times it's been dealt to me. this means i'm earning $14 on average every time, so in terms of big blinds, the EV of aces for me is around 7 BB every time i play them.hope this helps,aseem

Very Well Put Aki....I (without the fancy math of Aki :-) ) Also look at it like this.I can play a $50 SnG at Fulltilt, 1st gets $225, 2nd $135 and 3rd $90.OrI can play at Party 1st gets $250, 2nd gets 150 and 3rd 100.Yes there are 9 players at FTP and 10 at Party but in my mind that is really not a factor.My EV is better at Party.Not fancy but you still get the idea.

Very Well Put Aki....I (without the fancy math of Aki :-) ) Also look at it like this.I can play a $50 SnG at Fulltilt, 1st gets $225, 2nd $135 and 3rd $90.OrI can play at Party 1st gets $250, 2nd gets 150 and 3rd 100.Yes there are 9 players at FTP and 10 at Party but in my mind that is really not a factor.My EV is better at Party.Not fancy but you still get the idea.
I hate party sit n goes. The blind structure is terrible.

I have to say I kinda like them, not for the actual blind levels, that to me means little if your playing well (in a SnG). What I do like is that it is not on the clock, you play 9 hands, then up a level etc. Slow play then does not effect the levels so the blind structure can be watever it wants to be.I play the all the other sites too, UB, PS, FTP, True Poker, Pacific, Paradise. It's all the same. But when you are on the clock to get to the next levels, the people that intentionally or unintentionally slow play effect the game tremeandously. When you get to a table at midnight and start a $100 SnG, and you have 2 people playing 3 tables and 1 guy with a bad connection. You can be up 3 levels and barely been around the table once. That I don't like.The blind structure itself, irrelevent in SnG's. IMHO.Allen...

I have to say I kinda like them, not for the actual blind levels, that to me means little if your playing well (in a SnG). What I do like is that it is not on the clock, you play 9 hands, then up a level etc. Slow play then does not effect the levels so the blind structure can be watever it wants to be.I play the all the other sites too, UB, PS, FTP, True Poker, Pacific, Paradise. It's all the same. But when you are on the clock to get to the next levels, the people that intentionally or unintentionally slow play effect the game tremeandously. When you get to a table at midnight and start a $100 SnG, and you have 2 people playing 3 tables and 1 guy with a bad connection. You can be up 3 levels and barely been around the table once. That I don't like.The blind structure itself, irrelevent in SnG's. IMHO.Allen...
lol
note: this example has nothing to do with EV.
lol
other things that dont matter:the cardsthe chipsthe playersthe flopthe turnthe river
lol
other things that dont matter:the cardsthe chipsthe playersthe flopthe turnthe river
LOL!!!!
Guest Anonymous
Thanks for clearing that up. i can add that to the list of things i probably should know if i want to get better at poker.
whoa hey obrien was i playing 2/4 with you recently.. like today at very late hours ? (pacific time) party poker name : lilxlazyxboi
http://www.billfillmaff.comHe'll explain it in part 4 :club:
Ok... I have been out of the loop for a while and havn't been to the site in months until this week. My question is... who the hell is this guy and why havn't I heard of him if he knows all the secrets??? Or is that site a huge joke? Justin
dude, are you dumb? bill fillmaff is a WORLD WIDE poker champion. WORLD WIDE. he has won over 6 million dollars in virtual money this year, alone.
Guest Anonymous
http://www.billfillmaff.comHe'll explain it in part 4 :club:
Ok... I have been out of the loop for a while and havn't been to the site in months until this week. My question is... who the hell is this guy and why havn't I heard of him if he knows all the secrets??? Or is that site a huge joke? Justin
dude, are you dumb? bill fillmaff is a WORLD WIDE poker champion. WORLD WIDE. he has won over 6 million dollars in virtual money this year, alone.
justblaze..... No... just no Ok?