The Hottest Of Takes

STFU you know what I meant. It's my hot take,I don't give a fck if you agree.

It's a sad world when an angry white man is no longer allowed to spew off any hateful, ignorant thing that pops into his head without being questioned about it.

• Like 2
  • Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think they'll take care of that for you when their daughter tells them you've been Liking all her beach pictures.

OK, so I just looked into the new methods a little bit, and am 100% sold. Apparently the problem isn't that they are nurfed out or worse, it's that parents don't understand them, and find them confusi

I think what ever black man said that, has learned how to tap dance for the white folk masterfully. Keep getting that paper, buddy!

It's a sad world when an angry white man is no longer allowed to spew off any hateful, ignorant thing that pops into his head without being questioned about it.

Amen brother. First sensible thing youve said today.

What if it's really a mental disorder in the same vein of depression or addiction and this is on par with "giving a drunk a drink"?

Ultimately, it's his life so, whatever. He's not hurting anybody. Unless his "bravery" encourages a lot of people to undergo unnecessary and extremely dangerous surgeries that could have been dealt with by a competent psychiatrist and not just one of the handful of psychiatrist that seem to sign off on this choice and after is all said and done still have same feelings of "not being themselves" or whatever.

I honestly don't know and think more research is necessary.

*im semi-quoting a discussion with a neuroscientist on another forum with whoms opinions/thoughts mirror my own.

• Like 2

1) I actually agree that (most) transgendered people have a mental disorder ( some have a genetic one). I think it's a leap to speculate that it's like addiction, however.

2) I think it's really doubtful anything Bruce Jenner does or doesn't do will lead directly to anyone having any kind of surgery. I mean, SHE isn't having the surgery, from what I understand. Anyone who goes through the mountain of shit and expense you have to go through, to have that surgery done, isn't doing it because of a star they see on TV. They are doing it because they fundamentally think that they were born the wrong sex.

3) My issue with Tilt's post wasn't really about the mental health aspect of it. I've said before I think the APA made a mistake taking gender identity disorders out of the DSM, and I think the LGB community make a tactical political mistake, by hitching their stars to the "T" community. My issue was with Tilty's complete disingenuousness. If you think it's ridiculous that we, as a society have to treat crazy f4ggots like women now, then say it. But couching it about how you'd respect Jenner, if she just kept quiet about it, that's just nonsense.

4) Even though I think most transgendered people are mentally ill, I don't think the way we deal with mental illness is with shame and pushing people into the shadows, ignoring their pain. If someone, even a crazy person, wants me to call them "miss" and use female pronouns when talking about them, why on earth wouldn't I when it costs me literally nothing to do so. In steadfastly refusing to do so, I think are needlessly causing trans people pain, and for what reason? From everything I understand about transgendered people, their lives are quite often filled with pain and mental anguish, and why add too it? If I think they are delusional, so what? If there's one thing I've learned, in dealing with delusional people, is trying to tell the "truth" to them, does nothing but intensely upset them and does zero in helping them see the truth.

• Like 3

i dont think its disengenous to say you dont care what they do but are annoyed by people acting like this he she is a hero. Do it or dont, most people dont give a fvck. but if you go on tv, pepper that angus cause hot takes are coming hard.

You have misinterpreted my original post by taking it in a very black and white manner. When I said I'd respect him more if he did his transformation in private than in the public what I was really relating is my strong disagreement and distaste for publicizing these very personal issues for monetary gain. If you don't think that's why he came out the way he did you aren't paying attention. He could have just as easily mentioned it to E tonight or a tmz reporter. He did it with ABC, and Diane Sawyer specifically, because that was the way to get the most money and publicity for the book he's about to come out with. Which he also promoted during the interview.

But you just want to automatically assume anything I post is ignorant, racist or radical conservatism so you always assume I'm being an ass and want to fight it seems.

• Like 1

1)You really have a strong dislike for publicizing, in general, very personal issues for monetary gain? Like any personal issues what so ever, or this issue in particular? If you have a general dislike for the exploitation of the personal, well then my apologies. I too agree that people should gain wealth the old fashioned way.. by inheriting it.

2) For the sake of argument, I'll accept your claim that this:

"Bruce Jenner needs psychiatric intervention much more than he needs "gender modification". The American public fawning all over him for his decision highlights the PC bullshit of a society we live in better than anything else could. "

Isn't ignorant , but is actually expressing your distaste for exploiting the private and personal. If so, then let me ask you this: Why should Bruce not get to exploit it, when it's been exploited, for money, in the media for a couple years now, and Bruce has gotten zero money? BJ being a woman has been a gossip rumor for years and years now, has provided content for gossip blogs and websites, hack stand up comedians and mircobloggers. People have been making money off of Bruce's private personal issue for literally years now. Why should he not?

Have you always been a fcktard or do you just play one on the Internet?

Have you always been a fcktard or do you just play one on the Internet?

Did you not even read BigD's post? It's comments like this that caused my initial disdain.

He asked you some legitimate questions, but you were blinded because of your defensiveness.

• Like 1

I gotta agree. bDM's post was actually inquisitive and thoughtful. Not mean spirited even a little, and I didn't notice any typos.

Why the lashing out tilty? Secretly want to be a woman and are mad at this whole deal?

Bruce Jenner was a personal hero of yours after the 76 Olympics in Montreal and now everything you believed as a youth is lost? What gives?

• Like 2

2020 seems so futuristic, it's scary.

I remember telling my Mom when I was 10 that I wanted to live until at least 2061. That seems too close now.

• Like 1

I remember when I was a kid, that 2008 would be the 100th world series anniversary of the cubs, but there's no way they would make it THAT long without winning.

That's gonna be a decade ago, pretty soon

• 2 weeks later...

These Waco cops aren't not racist but are just an example of the reasonable policing most people would prefer.

(I don't think this is true, btw, I bet they're super mega racist and it would have waaayyy different if it was a crips v bloods situation BUT WHAT IF??)