Official Las Vegas Nhl Thread

The old las vegas hockey coach who's now an assistant with the Canucks said it was a problem with the minor leaguers because 'In Vegas every night is saturday night'. LOL

lol, I heard that interview, could not stop laughing, so right on.

but i tend to agree with Serge, I think Vegas is only slightly worse than most other cities. I think you can easily get into "trouble" everywhere, and maybe living there, you get less of the "oh man, im in Vegas, time to go balls out!!"...you know, Evander Kane the crap out of that place.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The trouble is the NHL has 29 other Dales and no Roys.

The LV Black Aces has always been my favorite candidate for a Vegas team name.

The old las vegas hockey coach who's now an assistant with the Canucks said it was a problem with the minor leaguers because 'In Vegas every night is saturday night'. LOL

If we are to believe that Las Vegas is a done deal, the league isnt going to go with one expansion team are they? The notion was they add two teams to the West.

While Seattle has been thrown around there is no news, ticket drives , rumours from there.

Currently we have 16 in the East and 14 in the West...We need to add another Western team.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Not sure what to think of Bettman's comments yesterday.

They are now taking official applications with Vegas at the top ..but he made it clear that expansion doesnt have to happen..

Also tough to see how they expand with only one team, so we would need a solid Seattle application..Not sure if they are that close..

Also found it interesting when asked, how much he thinks it will take....He said " the conversation would have to start with the number 5"

Half a billion for a franchise...Thats a lot.

Also they said earliest season an expansion team can go is 17-18

They need two teams in the west to balance the conferences.

Bah, they can shift someone over. I won't embarass myself by demonstrating a complete lack of geographical knowledge by suggesting someone specific, but shifting conferences for one of the more Western of the East teams can't be a big deal compared to the decision of where to put a new franchise. That kind of short-sighted thinking would put NHL teams in places that are geographically beneficial but logically unsound, like Nashville or Atlanta...

Well it would make sense to move say a Florida or another small market team to Seattle.

But no way the owners are gonna pass up on $billion( 2 expansion teams)

Why is Nashville unsound?

Also, why is Hamilton deserving? Other than being one of the options in southern Ontario, I really dont see a reason for Hamilton. 2nd in the GTA makes much more sense to me.

I think Seattle could make a lot of sense, that MLS franchise alone has made me give the Seattle fans the benefit of the doubt, plus Canadians will go there like they do Buffalo. (like Dale said)

Seattle is only a couple of hours from Canada and would create a rivalry with Vancouver.

I actually think Seattle is a great option. Since the NBA will probably go back there in a couple years, it'd be great to beat them to the punch.

Why is Nashville unsound?

Also, why is Hamilton deserving? Other than being one of the options in southern Ontario, I really dont see a reason for Hamilton. 2nd in the GTA makes much more sense to me.

I think Seattle could make a lot of sense, that MLS franchise alone has made me give the Seattle fans the benefit of the doubt, plus Canadians will go there like they do Buffalo. (like Dale said)

I think they'd rather do one in a place like Hamilton for all the reasons you'd do a second in the GTA, but optically it might be a little better if the 'home base' is not the same location, even if the fan base is basically the same.

They should just move Detroit to the western conference, then they can add an east team. Detroit was in the west before, put them there again.

If I still watched hockey is tell you to buzz off but I'd probably see more games if they went back to playing more 10:30pm games.

If they were a real league with smart people running the show, they would just split everyone up into 3 conferences, with no geographical bearing, and just use old hockey player names.

like Gilmour, Tugnutt and......another one.

I think Hamilton is a horrible option. Also we haven't heard much from there in a while. Here is the perceived list in order of likelihood. IMO.

LasVegas

Seattle

Quebec City

Markham (GTA)

A second team in Toronto is very difficult. Mainly due to Mlse asking for compensation. Total cost of start up could reach $2 billion with arena, expansion fee and Mlse compensation.

I think it's really stupid that Phoenix situation is still messed up after all these years.

If they were a real league with smart people running the show, they would just split everyone up into 3 conferences, with no geographical bearing, and just use old hockey player names.

like Gilmour, Tugnutt and......another one.

Supreme

Bah, they can shift someone over. I won't embarass myself by demonstrating a complete lack of geographical knowledge by suggesting someone specific, but shifting conferences for one of the more Western of the East teams can't be a big deal compared to the decision of where to put a new franchise. That kind of short-sighted thinking would put NHL teams in places that are geographically beneficial but logically unsound, like Nashville or Atlanta...

lol they just moved those western teams into the east because they are clearly eastern teams and get screwed being in the west... detroit, columbus... would never be able to move them back.

Coyotes prez, CEO & co-owner Anthony LeBlanc: "The article in the Post is 100% false. No truth to it whatsoever." https://t.co/cuXtOHR7p2

Gary Bettman: "The Post was told the story was completely untrue. They ran it anyway. The story is garbage. Team is staying put."

Lol. No way that Gary and the owners throw away Half a billion expansion fee

• 11 months later...