Does The Wsop Intimidate You?

Any wsop Noobs out there? guys/girls who have always wanted to sit at a table at the Rio in Vegas and play for a big prize? But maybe a little bit intimidated or think that you have to be a pro to play there? Comments? Any first timers going this year and to what events?

Cheers, Mark

Depends on your bankroll. If you can easily afford the buy-in it's not that big a deal. But if your net worth is 2000 and you entered a 1000 buy-in tourney I would imagine it could be nerve racking.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid that I'd win the thing, and then my forum posts would come under scrutiny of the international poker press, and the poker world would just not understand why I had a picture as my signature of world famous stuntman Scott Roland, with what I assume are his two lovely daughters, at what appeared to be a renaissance fair. I don't think Holly's terribleness would translate to the sound bite culture we've developed, and my post-World Series endorsement money would dry up, and I'd be stuck with Jamie Gold working the Oklahoma tournament circuit

• Like 4

Never played the WSOP, but I wouldn't be scared. In fact, I've been trying to get DN to back me in the main event. Told him I'd only take 60%, but he hasn't responded.

Maybe he's bust?