Essay's Top Ten

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think he really really relates to Home Alone just for the title.

So, instead of doing actual work i need to do I decided to go through and tabulate all the punishments handed down by Essay. Not counted: prelim warnings (1 each) for BigD and Rod. Also, Essay was "

I'm assuming my jokes are valued at .77 of a man's.

Essay's Top Ten MCU Films

1. Avengers: Infinity War

2. Captain America: Civil War

3. Avengers: Age of Ultron

4. Guardians of the Galaxy

5. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

6. Thor: Ragnarok

7. Iron Man 3

8. Iron Man 2

9. Marvel's The Avengers

10. Thor

Total number of these movies that I've seen (including even a small part): 1.

• Like 1

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.

I don't know what this means, but you are WAY off if you're talking about me. I've definitely never been one of those things.

I've never seen anyone put the Iron Man sequels above the originals. Also, Winter Solider is pretty universally acclaimed. While it's not my favorite, it's weird that it doesn't make your top 10. Also, have you not seen Spiderman Homecoming?

I'll allow a competing top ten list this one time.

Well, since you asked..

1) Spiderman Homecoming

2) Winter Soldier

3) Black Panther

4) Ragnorak

5) Civil War

6)GotG 1

7) Iron Man

8) Avengers

9)Captain America First Avenger

10) Ant Man

• Like 1

I've never seen anyone put the Iron Man sequels above the originals. Also, Winter Solider is pretty universally acclaimed. While it's not my favorite, it's weird that it doesn't make your top 10. Also, have you not seen Spiderman Homecoming?

i have seen SMH, and it was a tough call between that and thor for number 10. SMH is a great movie and the best spiderman movie ever made, but the quality of these marvel films is super high.

i gotta tell ya, iron man 2 just really entertains me. sam rockwell is great in it. so is mickey rourke. john slattery is perfect in his role as howard stark. and obviously RDJ is at best ever. just love that movie. iron man 3 is great to me because i love shane black and his style, and i love the story line. ben kingsley. guy pearce is great. i overlook the fact that they kept pepper alive because i enjoy the army of iron man bots so much.

i'll have to rematch winter soldier. i liked it, of course, but i wasn't blown away.

Well, since you asked..

1) Spiderman Homecoming

2) Winter Soldier

3) Black Panther

4) Ragnorak

5) Civil War

6)GotG 1

7) Iron Man

8) Avengers

10) Ant Man

ant man above anything is just insane.

ant man above anything is just insane.

But Paul Rudd is a national treasure.

Also, I will agree that Iron Man 3 catches a lot more shit than it deserves and is thus underrated, but there are just so many good MCU movies.

• Like 1

Well, since you asked..

1) Spiderman Homecoming

2) Winter Soldier

3) Black Panther

4) Ragnorak

5) Civil War

6)GotG 1

7) Iron Man

8) Avengers

10) Ant Man

I'd drop Black Panther down in my personal rankings, but I think this is a very solid list aside from the omission of Infinity War.

1. John Wick

2. John Wick 2

3. Deadpool

4. Deadpool 2

5-7. The Nolan Batman movies

8. Iron Man 1

9. Avengers 1

10. Guardians of the Galaxy

Those are all the good superhero movies IMO. I know they aren't all Marvel, but a list of 3 is no list at all. I haven't seen Black Panther or Wonder Woman, they might be ok. Also haven't seen all the thor/captain America etc.. but I've seen enough to know they are probably boring. I think some of the x men movies were passably entertaining but they all kind of blend together in my memory.

Dubey just earned ten citations. For shame.

And John wick isn’t above Nolan Batman, that’s insane.

It’s insane that you think that is insane. John Wick is above most things.

John Wick is straight up the best action movie since the Matrix. That Keanu is the star of the two best action movies ( well, 3, including John Wick 2) of the last 20 years is crazy. The Matrix and John Wick are also the two best comic book movies, even though they are not actually based on comic books.

• Like 1

It’s insane that you think that is insane. John Wick is above most things.

Even if I concede that, and I certainly never would, I didn’t even address the travesty of Deadpool over Nolan Batman.

1. John Wick

2. John Wick 2

3. Deadpool

4. Deadpool 2

5-7. The Nolan Batman movies

8. Iron Man 1

9. Avengers 1

10. Guardians of the Galaxy

Those are all the good superhero movies IMO. I know they aren't all Marvel, but a list of 3 is no list at all. I haven't seen Black Panther or Wonder Woman, they might be ok. Also haven't seen all the thor/captain America etc.. but I've seen enough to know they are probably boring. I think some of the x men movies were passably entertaining but they all kind of blend together in my memory.

While I'm certainly no superhero movie expert, I believe they were talking about a specific superhero tied to Marvel, and you mentioned a few that weren't Marvel.

Even if I concede that, and I certainly never would, I didn’t even address the travesty of Deadpool over Nolan Batman.

In his defense, Deadpool is really well written, and Nolan's Batman might as well have been written by George Lucas. Nolan is an amazing director and horrible writer, just like George.

I liked them when they came out, and still do, but the Nolan Batman movies haven’t aged that well for me. I have almost zero interest in watching any of them again. If I had 2 hours to kill and had to choose between those 5 movies to watch(deadpools and the 3 Batmans), it would be a tough choice between deadpool 1 and 2.

Edit: shit