Essay's Top Ten

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think he really really relates to Home Alone just for the title.

So, instead of doing actual work i need to do I decided to go through and tabulate all the punishments handed down by Essay. Not counted: prelim warnings (1 each) for BigD and Rod. Also, Essay was "

I'm assuming my jokes are valued at .77 of a man's.

What kind of terrible Iowan Republican can't even come up with more than one garth song? I hate actively garth brooks and I can sing like 15

I've always disliked country music even though it was the backbone of everything around me growing up. I know he's popular, and I know that I know the chorus to the song Rodeo, but there is zero chance I would have remembered it out of the blue. The only reason I know any country songs is because I had a roommate at Iowa State that was a massive (like two-step every Saturday night) country hick and he would play songs by the hundreds until he found something I could tolerate. There were a few Brooks and Dunn songs that I ended up liking, one Sammy Kershaw song, (someone named R-Something Atkins or something similar also had a song I liked) and a few Clint Black songs. That was basically the list and I've never listened to another country song or station by choice since that time (around 1995).

• Like 1

I consider myself to be very eclectic, but I'm guessing most people do.

These are the things I listen to on a daily basis:

• Orchestra music (mainly movie soundtracks)
  • Reggae (mainly The Fugees, Wyclef, Marley)
  • Soul (Mainly James Brown, but others as well)
  • Christian (Mainly Sovereign Grace Music and Whitecross (Heavy Metal), but many others as well)
  • Grunge (Nirvana, Alice in Chains, etc)
  • Johnny Cash
  • Tom Petty
  • Bob Dylan
  • Random 80's and 90's stuff
  • Random oldies (pre-70's)
  • Limited 70's, but I like Led Zeppelin and a few others
  • Eminem (not much other hip-hop, but I do like several RTJ songs)
  • Alternative (I love the "old" stuff like The Cranberries, and the no longer new stuff like Band of Horses)
  • Folk (Old folk, like Peter, Paul and Mary & Dylan, and new folk like Passenger)

My favorite song by far is Knockin on Heaven's door. I must listen to about 30 covers of that song regularly. My favorite versions are as follows:

• Like 1

The Fugees are Reggae?

I don't know what they are officially classified.

Edit: "Their repertoire included elements of hip hop, soul and Caribbean music, particularly reggae."

But you have to admit that 311 is also awesome.

• Like 1

he will admit to nothing and be happy about it. we need to get back to discussing essay's latest top ten or there will be a flurry of citations and demerits the likes of which has never been seen.

But you have to admit that 311 is also awesome.

Brvy, you may not know this, but 311 is from Omaha. I was in Jr High/High school when they hit big, and they were HUGE in Nebraska. I've hated them for like 25 years. There are few bands I hate more. Like Eagles, Aerosmith sort of hate.

I come in to this thread to read boring top 10 lists about topics I care nothing for, and Brvy goes and sullies it with a post I enjoyed reading. Please restore some order in here Essay.

• Like 1

Essay's Top Ten Seth Rogen Movies

1. This is the End

2. Superbad

3. Knocked Up

4. The Night Before

5. Zack and Miri

6. Neighbors

7. 40 Year old Virgin

8. Pineapple Express

9. Observe and Report

10. 50/50

Brvy, you may not know this, but 311 is from Omaha. I was in Jr High/High school when they hit big, and they were HUGE in Nebraska. I've hated them for like 25 years. There are few bands I hate more. Like Eagles, Aerosmith sort of hate.

I knew they were from somewhere nearby. I had always assumed Minneapolis because they got huge in my world around 1992-1993 when I was in Ames for school. It's funny, because I've always liked them, but hardly ever listen to them. I couldn't even tell you the name of a single album of theirs (unless they had one that was just 311), and I for sure couldn't tell you the name of a single track. But I had a friend from The Cities that loved them and I always enjoyed hearing them when he had them on. I also hate the Eagles and a lot of Aerosmith stuff (although I won't change the channel on a few of their songs).

Essay's Top Ten Seth Rogen Movies

1. This is the End

2. Superbad

3. Knocked Up

4. The Night Before

5. Zack and Miri

6. Neighbors

7. 40 Year old Virgin

8. Pineapple Express

9. Observe and Report

10. 50/50

That's really weird. Seth Rogan makes a ton of horrible movies, but I still like him a lot. I guess I've never noticed that before.

Anyone else have someone they really like who just produces absolute crap?