So I'm assuming we've all seen BB, I wonder if someone who has never seen BB would find this show as good as those who have? Do we derive more enjoyment from the show because we essentially know where it's headed or are familiar with the characters? Anybody have a friend whose taste they trust that has never seen BB but would be willing to watch BCS? SA, you're prohibited as your taste, generally speaking, is shit. As to your defense of "Well it can't be that bad since I like this show" my rebuttal is sun shines on a dog's ass some days.

The show is good enough on it's own to be liked by anyone. But people that haven't seen BB will never like it as much as those that have. There's just too much extra information that non-BB watchers are going to miss out on to get the full experience.

• Like 1
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another Dynamite show. I can't believe Bob Freaking Odinkirk is staring in the best drama on TV. Like, I worshiped Mr Show as a college student. Me and my friends would get stoned and pass around the

How could YOU not guess nepotism?    

*puts hand over microphone, leans in, and whispers in brvy's ear*   *brvy whispers back, and I nod, then remove my hand from the microphone*   He does.

I love some of the little tie ins to Breaking Bad.

The stock broker who they scammed out of the expensive Tequila in Season 2 was the same obnoxious guy with the "KENWINS" license plate from season 1 episode 3 of Breaking Bad who pissed off Walt by taking his parking spot and then Walt set his car on fire at the gas station.

I love some of the little tie ins to Breaking Bad.

The stock broker who they scammed out of the expensive Tequila in Season 2 was the same obnoxious guy with the "KENWINS" license plate from season 1 episode 3 of Breaking Bad who pissed off Walt by taking his parking spot and then Walt set his car on fire at the gas station.

That was also the same tequila that Gus poisoned Don Eladio (sic) with in Season 4 of BB.

• 1 month later...

So I'm assuming we've all seen BB, I wonder if someone who has never seen BB would find this show as good as those who have? Do we derive more enjoyment from the show because we essentially know where it's headed or are familiar with the characters? Anybody have a friend whose taste they trust that has never seen BB but would be willing to watch BCS? SA, you're prohibited as your taste, generally speaking, is shit. As to your defense of "Well it can't be that bad since I like this show" my rebuttal is sun shines on a dog's ass some days.

My wife pretty much refuses to watch BB. I've been trying to get her to watch BCS, because I think she'd like it. I got her to watch that early season scene with Mike on the couch at his daughter-in-law's place, because I just thought it was superbly acted. I'll try to get her to watch some more, because I've wondered the same thing.

I think it's enjoyable. The show is a really deep psychological dive, on a character that, though I loved, was kinda one dimensional on BB. Mike was more filled out on BB, but I don't think you have to have seen BB, to appreciate it. If you haven't seen BB, you might be shocked at how violent some parts in the future will get.

Don't read if you haven't finished this season.

I think the end of the season had a good example of how people that have seen BB react vs people that haven't seen BB. In one of the last few episodes Jimmy spends most of the episode making the clan of old women hate the one in charge of the settlement so she'll be forced to sign. I read a lot of comments on other sites, and so many people were really appalled by Jimmy's actions. Saying it's the lowest he's ever stooped.

All I could think was these people obviously haven't watched BB, because swindling some old folks is a drop in the bucket, when compared to being an accessory in the poisoning of a young child.

• 1 year later...

You're way closer to the doofus that stole from the city and camped in his backyard than you are to a great con man like Jimmy McGill. Let's see you roll one of your clients on your new big limit before comparing yourself to one of the greats.

• Like 3
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just finished it.  They need to hang Better Call Saul on an art museum wall.

• Thanks 1