because the new boss was so much like the old one she called him howard and was super embarrassed by it. then she realized she didn't want to work for those pricks anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another Dynamite show. I can't believe Bob Freaking Odinkirk is staring in the best drama on TV. Like, I worshiped Mr Show as a college student. Me and my friends would get stoned and pass around the

How could YOU not guess nepotism?    

*puts hand over microphone, leans in, and whispers in brvy's ear*   *brvy whispers back, and I nod, then remove my hand from the microphone*   He does.

****ing Chuck.

I'm so glad that I didn't start watching BB until the entire series was over. These year long breaks between seasons are terrible.

For my entire life, a show would basically run every week from September through May. Ten episode seasons that only run in the Spring are terrible.

I'm actually mad at myself for starting this show.

Pretty sure it was FX or HBO that put forth that model. Depends on if you count HBO as a broadcast network or premium channel.

I'm hating that I like this show. Cinematography is good, as is the acting, but it can drag at times. I mean, we're 2 seasons in, and I don't feel like we've witnessed anything major yet. Mike is still a badass, Jimmy is still a sleazeball, and Chuck still wants to get Jimmy disbarred. The only difference this season is now Chuck has evidence to get Jimmy in trouble.

What I'm really curious to see is how far they take the series. Every story has a beginning, middle, and end. We're watching the beginning now, and we have seen bits and pieces of the end. The problem is we also know how the middle plays out because of BB.

• 11 months later...

I enjoyed the season premiere.

I recorded season 2 when they marathoned it and will finish watching that again before I watch episode 1 of season 3. Looking forward to it.

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, I don't really understand how this show is so great. I watch it, basically on the edge of my seat every week, and have excruciating pain/sadness when the credits roll, and almost nothing happens. It's crazy. It's such a slow moving show, but so well put together that it's really hard to believe. At least this week we had a courtroom set. Normally it's just Chuck's house, the office, and whatever Mike is doing.

I guess this is just ground zero in film school for proof of how far well-written characters can take you.

Honestly, I don't really understand how this show is so great. I watch it, basically on the edge of my seat every week, and have excruciating pain/sadness when the credits roll, and almost nothing happens. It's crazy. It's such a slow moving show, but so well put together that it's really hard to believe. At least this week we had a courtroom set. Normally it's just Chuck's house, the office, and whatever Mike is doing.

I guess this is just ground zero in film school for proof of how far well-written characters can take you.

You do realize that pretty much this whole episode was what would be considered the climax of some award winning, classic movies like The Caine Mutiny and A Few Good Men, right?

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Odenkirk is just killing it as are the writers in the way they're handling his transformation.

Agreed. I felt like I didn't like this show for the longest time but kept watching. But you just can't stop. And the slow climax is crazy. It's like a 3 season so far and counting climax. I paused the show, cheers'd the tv with my beer, and said we'll done after the nacho pill swap scene.

Even with it being as on the nose as it was I still cheered at the final shot of this week's ep with Mike and Gus shaking hands.

• Like 1

The pacing is definitely more suited for binge watching.

I have season 2 and 3 on my PVR and will rewatch 2 and then 3 in a binge at some point this Summer

So I'm assuming we've all seen BB, I wonder if someone who has never seen BB would find this show as good as those who have? Do we derive more enjoyment from the show because we essentially know where it's headed or are familiar with the characters? Anybody have a friend whose taste they trust that has never seen BB but would be willing to watch BCS? SA, you're prohibited as your taste, generally speaking, is shit. As to your defense of "Well it can't be that bad since I like this show" my rebuttal is sun shines on a dog's ass some days.

• Like 1