Daniel's Blog - The Key Ingredient For A Good Poker Game

I would imagine there's a lot of hockey talk and (eh?)s going on in those rooms. Maybe someone can make a recording.

cliffs... If you are a pro be nice to bad players so you can con them into being ok with losing all their money.

This Colman guy who won the one drop is making more and more sense to me.

cliffs... If you are a pro be nice to bad players so you can con them into being ok with losing all their money...

You're not conning them, you're giving them an enjoyable experience which can be considered a service you are providing just like a waiter/waitress is providing you an enjoyable experience if they are friendly so you don't mind tipping them for this enjoyable experience.

Hall of Famer Puggy Pearson once said (paraphrasing) "In poker you can pound on a player and pound and pound and pound and they will keep coming back for more if they think they're getting a fair shake, but if they think you cheated them out of a quarter they will never play with you again."

Same with poker etiquette, give them a friendly atmosphere and experience and they don't mind losing as much. But be unfriendly and they might say, "what the hell why should I give my money to this jerk" and then leave & possibly never come back, costing you and other players a lot of money.

If it's an effort for you to be friendly then think of it as providing a service, a service that will make you a profit. If you are not willing to provide that service then plan on making less money. Just as an unfriendly waitress can plan on making less money.

cliffs... If you are a pro be nice to bad players so you can con them into being ok with losing all their money.

This Colman guy who won the one drop is making more and more sense to me.

Did anyone NOT know this, though?

Poker *is* a totally shitbag game, which is why it used to be made up entirely of Jews, Texans and Foreigners (Orientals, Frenchmen, Arabs, Italians), base-impulse sociopathic types who were drawn to what it uniquely offered in terms of being a game that allowed them to instantly exact a degree of ruin on another person. Seeing the wave of high IQ college kids, good-natured Canadians and 'game theorists' was dandyl but its still fundamentally a game of taking money from other people by being better at the game than they are, which hugely motivates predatory game selection. There is no way around this. A 'good' game is a game where someone is losing money. The most favorable narrative is that they're doing it 'responsibly' or that they're a whale and can afford it but yeah, I don't know how many times I've been in pots with work-a-day lawn care guy who has his entire $400 weekly paycheck in front of him and thanking god an ace rolled off so I can stack him with 2/3 suited... and not ****ing caring that his wife and kids will be screwed that week, or evicted, or that he'll have to go to his mother to borrow money to make the light bill because the dealer just turned a diamond, he bet hard into my made flush and I know he can't lay down top pair.

I can't even count how many kids Christmases I've injected up my arm, so don't anybody bullshit themselves.

• Like 1

I can't even count how many kids Christmases I've injected up my arm, so don't anybody bullshit themselves.

OKAY , I have to get to work but I wanted to let you know that you have more explaining to do with your comments. so with that said I will be back .

Poker *is* a totally shitbag game, which is why it used to be made up entirely of Jews, Texans and Foreigners (Orientals, Frenchmen, Arabs, Italians), base-impulse sociopathic types who were drawn to what it uniquely offered in terms of being a game that allowed them to instantly exact a degree of ruin on another person. Seeing the wave of high IQ college kids, good-natured Canadians and 'game theorists' was dandyl but its still fundamentally a game of taking money from other people by being better at the game than they are, which hugely motivates predatory game selection. There is no way around this. A 'good' game is a game where someone is losing money. The most favorable narrative is that they're doing it 'responsibly' or that they're a whale and can afford it but yeah, I don't know how many times I've been in pots with work-a-day lawn care guy who has his entire $400 weekly paycheck in front of him and thanking god an ace rolled off so I can stack him with 2/3 suited... and not ****ing caring that his wife and kids will be screwed that week, or evicted, or that he'll have to go to his mother to borrow money to make the light bill because the dealer just turned a diamond, he bet hard into my made flush and I know he can't lay down top pair.

No frills, pretty much tells it like it is. My new hero.

I guess it's the ol' if you can't beat the game, bash the game.

OKAY , I have to get to work but I wanted to let you know that you have more explaining to do with your comments. so with that said I will be back .

Hey K_dense, where do you work? The International Space Station? Wait... even they have internet access. It's been over a week now. I'm curious to hear your retort. Tell us all what you think Scroom has to explain. You talked rather tough... do you intend to back it up?

Inquiring minds want to know.