An Inside Peek At The Award Winning Poker Themed Screenplay “Vegas Knights"

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This might be the greatest thing ever.

Essay, I like it. But as an added twist, make his GF that his wife doesn't know about pregnant as well. After she delivers the black baby, he leaves, gets a text that the GF went into early labor, tha

in re SexyFrau, Inc. vs. OchoAces, Inc.   WHEREAS, SexyFrau alleges intellectual property theft and unwanted leering.   WHEREAS, SexyFrau alleges to like Essay as a friend only.   WHEREAS, SexyF

i think the key is to change literally everything and start over. like for example have the main guy woken in the middle of the night by his very pregnant wife. her water has broken and we're in a mad rush to the hospital. hilarity in the car when a song he loves that she hates comes on and he won't change it. he misses the turn, he reverses in traffic and we're there, safe and sound and a beautiful baby boy is on the way. now we're in the deliver room, screaming and swearing and all that shit. here comes the big moment. the baby pops out, we hear the crying and we look down and the baby is black. both parents are white. WELL SHIT. main guy is too shocked to speak so he just walks out into the night not even looking back. out onto the street, a left here and right there and he wanders aimlessly until somehow he winds up in a back alley card game. opening title.

VEGAS NIGHTS.

• Like 2

i think the key is to change literally everything and start over. like for example have the main guy woken in the middle of the night by his very pregnant wife. her water has broken and we're in a mad rush to the hospital. hilarity in the car when a song he loves that she hates comes on and he won't change it. he misses the turn, he reverses in traffic and we're there, safe and sound and a beautiful baby boy is on the way. now we're in the deliver room, screaming and swearing and all that shit. here comes the big moment. the baby pops out, we hear the crying and we look down and the baby is black. both parents are white. WELL SHIT. main guy is too shocked to speak so he just walks out into the night not even looking back. out onto the street, a left here and right there and he wanders aimlessly until somehow he winds up in a back alley card game. opening title.

VEGAS NIGHTS.

I'll give you $75k immediately.

i'm watching this movie on showtime right now called DRAGONHEART. it has sean connery voicing a talking dragon and this super hot red haired chick. let's work both of those things into our movie.

• Like 1
On 8/20/2014 at 7:34 PM, SuitedAces21 said:

i'm watching this movie on showtime right now called DRAGONHEART. it has sean connery voicing a talking dragon and this super hot red haired chick. let's work both of those things into our movie.

Suited Aces21 you're off topic. This thread is about my Vegas/poker themed screenplay "Vegas Knights". If you have an idea for your own movie please start your own thread and talk about it all you want

Edit:

To any guests and new members:

In the following pages there will be certain posters that ramble on (in many posts) about their made-up screenplays basically sabotaging the thread. Unfortunately I can't do anything about that.

To those that are seriously interested in this poker themed screenplay that's for sale, I think this thread has run its course; and 90% of what follows is trollish garbage. If someone would like to reach me, you can privately message me on this website (after you register) or try to reach me on the facebook page---"Ger Burlage". As stated, I think this thread has basically run its course; here is the link to the other thread about the script:

http://www.fullconta...howtopic=146863

_______

If anyone doesn't want to read the trollish ramblings that will follow, this site has a great function where you can place certain posters on ignore so you can't see their posts. I don't think guests to the site can do that but if you sign up to the site you will be able to ignore certain posters if you want to. After you sign up and get an alias name then you can click on your alias name at the very top of any page. It will then show you several settings. Just click on the "manage Ignore pref" tab. From there you can manage your ignore settings by typing in the name of the person whose posts you don't want to see anymore,

I currently have 5 people on ignore so I can't see their posts. It's a great function to tune out trolls and those that are annoying like the person in the following post. Once again, this thread is basically over so if you're seriously interested in the screenplay it might be best to go the link shown above.

I hope Doyle Brunson doesn't mind me using the name Doyle for the dog. Actually Doyle is one of my favorite players and is a legend. It's actually a tongue in cheek thing. Only poker players will get it.

From reading his Twitter, I know he has a great sense of humor and also loves dogs. So I have to feel he'll get a laugh out of the whole thing, or at least I hope so.

change number one, no dog. instead doyle is a male stripper who plays poker on the side. he's a friend of our hero, but his massive dong makes our hero jealous and nervous that his lady will leave him for the bigger dong, as most women are wont to do.

• Like 1

Essay, I like it. But as an added twist, make his GF that his wife doesn't know about pregnant as well. After she delivers the black baby, he leaves, gets a text that the GF went into early labor, that baby comes out and it's asian. He jut wanders, leaving las vegas trippy style since he can't think. Just starts buying drinks up and down the strip, getting drunker and drunker. Ends up on a party bus with frat boys playing al sorts of gambling games. He is risking everything he has every roll of the dive, every card, every bet. He runs up the couple hundred in his pocket to thosands, the frat boys love him and bring them to the club, where they tell the Yakusa club owner about him and his luck. The owner brushes it off, but then wants to see himself. Brings him into his back room game and the runs it up to over 100K. He keeps going until his luck finally turns as he sobers up and is now in the hole 500K. He somehow gets out of the club with the debt,

Later on we find out the GF's baby is the yakuzas and the wifes baby is the UNLV's quarterbacks son, who is in debt to the yakuza as well and his forced to throw the big bowl game. The main guy has to team up with this wifes babies daddy to get back at the yakuza.

• Like 3

I don't think you change a thing. You got dialogue that literally pop off the page aimed at shopping mall people.

I'd like to see Jim from "The Office" in the lead, the hot red head from "Starship Troopers" as the wife and Robert Loggia as the wise old mentor guy.

I don't think you change a thing. You got dialogue that literally pop off the page aimed at shopping mall people.

I'd like to see Jim from "The Office" in the lead, the hot red head from "Starship Troopers" as the wife and Robert Loggia as the wise old mentor guy.

look at this johnny come lately, making suggestions like he has a say. although we'll be stealing the robert loggia idea.

also i'm gonna nominate adam brody for the lead. here's a guy who i know can carry a film and deliver the kind of emotional impact we need from this character while also being generally likable and sexy at the same time.

I couldn't handle that. This guy needs to be pathetic, but in a loveable want to root for him way. It's got to be Aaron Paul.

The Quarterback for UNLV is Damon Wayans Jr. as an homage to The Last Boyscout.

agree on damon wayans jr. aaron paul might be too recognizable at this point as jesse the body pink man. if we want to skew older we can get the guy from friday night lights, coach taylor. goddamn i like that guy.

John Laroquette as the priest, DJ Qualls as the collection basket guy, Estelle Costanza as the annoyed old lady.

What ****ing movie are you talking about. We have a wife, a whore, two babies, a yakuza and gambler and a black quarterback.