The Leftovers: Delicious And Satisfying Or Stale And Nauseating?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SHOTS FIRED!

stolen from another forum, in a response to my opinion of Lindelof   Lindelof's pitch to HBO:  

Next thing you're going to tell me Cloud Atlas was good.

it's pretty obvious, bigd is a fan because lindelof is trolling millions of viewers. it gives him something to aspire to.

The title of the thread threw me off. This is a show about a post rapture world on HBO?! That sounds amazing.

However, I'm not going to get involved until the first season ends and BigD tells me it was good.

It's not clear if it's the christian conception of rapture or not. It's clear many people in the world think it is, but it's also clear that there is plenty of evidence that it's not. Part of what's interesting about the show, is the ambiguity of it, it makes people's grief in handling it much more complex. There is no clear cut " why" which causes all kinds of existential crisis's across the board.

I would imagine that's exactly how the Christian based rapture would occur though. If it was obvious, then everyone would immediately believe in God, and that doesn't occur in the Bible.

Still, it sounds quite interesting. They could even take it sci-fi/Aliens at this point.

I might have to stop reading the thread. Just thinking about this is making me want to watch it and I don't want to get spoilered. PM your review D.

I would imagine that's exactly how the Christian based rapture would occur though. If it was obvious, then everyone would immediately believe in God, and that doesn't occur in the Bible.

Still, it sounds quite interesting. They could even take it sci-fi/Aliens at this point.

I might have to stop reading the thread. Just thinking about this is making me want to watch it and I don't want to get spoilered. PM your review D.

right, but it's also clear many of the people raptured weren't Christians or "innocents", so it would be a very strange rapture indeed.

hand cream? that was the impetus to get this girl to go break into the surveyor's car? ****ing HAND CREAM!?! **** YOU LINDELOF **** YOU IN YOUR ****ING WEAK ****ING BRAIN WITH YOUR SHIT STAINED FINGERS

stolen from another forum, in a response to my opinion of Lindelof

Lindelof's pitch to HBO:

So, I got an idea for a show where something happens which causes other stuff to happen and no one knows why. Then some other stuff happens and no one knows why it happened. Then drama. Then we get some other stuff that might have happened but no one can agree why it happened which causes stuff to happen that no one can explain. Then suspense. Someone thinks they know what happened but isnt sure but then something happens to them and no one knows why. Then some people blame some other people for what happened but no one knows what their motives are. Then romance. More questions are raised about what happened and why no one knows why it happened. Then something big happens and people go crazy because they dont know what is happening then the people who think they know what happened happen across people who dont know what happened and are forced to decide to join the ones who think they know what happened or something will happen to them.
  • Like 2

if there is a lesson to be learned from the episode it's that no good deed goes unpunished. stop to be a Samaritan and get put into a 3 day coma.

• Like 1