2013 Fcp Wsop Pool Powered By The Global Poker Index

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bob, That would be a shame. I hope Daniel reconsiders. This is the way some of us 'railbirds' who can't get out to Vegas for the WSOP stay in tune and have a 'rooting' interest in certain players, ki

We're very happy to be running another WSOP Pool for 2013 where one person will win 1% of Daniel's cashes at the WSOP this Summer not including events with a buyin of more than $10K or the Main Event.

you're there   http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/wsop2013/fcper.php?id=2960

how does GPI score for the Onedrop $111,111?

The larger the buyin the larger the points but it isn't linear and they cap it but they don't publish the exact details to my knowledge.

http://www.globalpokerindex.com/about/gpi-player-of-the-year/

Buy-in factor

The next factor used in creating an individual event score is based on the buy-in for the event relative to the baseline buy-in for events, $1,000 USD. This factor addresses the concept of relative difficulty for the event. Larger buy-in events presume that the difficulty of the field is greater because more elite players enter higher buy-in events.

The GPI PoY takes into account the concept of diminishing returns on the buy-in to an event – that the percentage increase in buy-in between a $1,000 and $1,500 event is much greater than the increase between a $20,000 and a $20,500 buy-in. The GPI PoY captures this concept of diminishing returns by using a logarithmic function.

A buy-in cap is applied at roughly the 99th percentile of qualifying events to ensure extremely high buy-in events do not skew the overall GPI PoY score. For any event with a buy-in larger than the buy-in cap, the buy-in cap is used to calculate the score rather than the actual buy-in amount. Administration to determine the cap on buy-ins is performed at the beginning of the calendar year based on events that occurred in the prior year.

The larger the buyin the larger the points but it isn't linear and they cap it but they don't publish the exact details to my knowledge.

http://www.globalpok...er-of-the-year/

Thanks, I didn't quite understand either but I guess we will see when the results come out tomorrow...

It'll be interesting to see the impact these bigger tournies at the end have on the pts totals... #edgeofmyseat #still_insurmountable #hashtagonforum

I'll have an update including #50 later this evening

Since I am only about 1000 points behind I will root for Daniel to ship the 2-7 event so whoever wins gets a little more cheddar. Also maybe the Main Event final table will be. Daniel, Juanda Harman, Mizrachi, Durr, David Chiu and David Williams and I will make an epic comeback LOL

Is Main Event included in leaderboard? Rough estimate at how many points a final table would be worth? Just wondering if I have a sweat if Ivey final tables and the rest in that group brick!

Is Main Event included in leaderboard? Rough estimate at how many points a final table would be worth? Just wondering if I have a sweat if Ivey final tables and the rest in that group brick!

Main event is in the leaderboard.

No clue how many points are possible but I assume more than in any other tourney.

Any chance of an update before the ME results are in? Will make the ME a fun sweat for peeps in the running...

for sure, I'm just waiting on the final results which I probably will get later today or tomorrow

It was fun while it lasted... the 1st place sweat was much more entertainment than I expected when entering the pool...

Noone who picks David Williams deserves a prize anyway... gl all!

How come Liv Boeree is still pointless after cashes in events #51 and #58?

Thanks for pointing that out. #51 doesn't count for the pool since it isn't an open event and I've corrected her score and she has her points from #58 now

Thanks for pointing that out. #51 doesn't count for the pool since it isn't an open event and I've corrected her score and she has her points from #58 now

No worries. I was hoping that because men could buy in (even if it was at 10 times the cost!) it would mean it would count. No such luck!

Wow... It started as a joke... Now It's getting interesting.. Cmon DN ship something sweet to spread the gap... All the nonbelievers behind me took other horses...

(P.s. thx var1ance)

You talked alot of bs.

where you at now?

Oh thats right, with the rest of us not getting anything.

TROLLololololololololoooooo

You talked alot of bs.

where you at now?

Oh thats right, with the rest of us not getting anything.

TROLLololololololololoooooo

It sucks being a loser like you guys :P (jokes jokes) ... and David Williams...