2014 Trade Deadline

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its times like this that I wish my GM wasn't a dumbass. Every time my phone buzzes with a Notification from Score Mobile, I panic.

trade is pure trash for the blues. not pleased. truthfully I didn't even know about it, I just randomly checked into the hockey forum.

Maybe he should have been at the Olympics then, since the MVP was like 42? Stop discriminating against us!  

trade is pure trash for the blues. not pleased. truthfully I didn't even know about it, I just randomly checked into the hockey forum.

Miller gives them a horse to make a run for the Cup. Ott gives them grit AND scoring. Why don't you like it?

Miller gives them a horse to make a run for the Cup. Ott gives them grit AND scoring. Why don't you like it?

How about what Halak did for your Habs I rather have Halak.

How about what Halak did for your Habs I rather have Halak.

That was quite some time ago. Halak is good when he's healthy, problem is, he's often not healthy. The Blues are a better team with Miller than they are with Halak.

That was quite some time ago. Halak is good when he's healthy, problem is, he's often not healthy. The Blues are a better team with Miller than they are with Halak.

Including the 1st and 3rd plus Carrier and Stewart for Ott. I rather have the Sabres side of it.

The new Sabres GM is doing a very good job.

Including the 1st and 3rd plus Carrier and Stewart for Ott. I rather have the Sabres side of it.

The new Sabres GM is doing a very good job.

It's a good trade for both teams. If you're hoping to challenge for the Cup this year then St. Louis is the side you want.

Is Kesler to Pittsburgh for Sutter, a 1st and either Despres or Dumoulin (or however you spell it) gonna happen or what?

I'm torn on Kesler. He's not really our biggest issue.

I like him, but his injuries worry me.

Sutter has been disappointing offensively, but his wingers have been me and Biatch most of the season. These are the same people Kesler would play with.

Biggest issue is on the wing. Get Gibbons out of the top 6 and find a proper 3rd line. Sutter is a good start there.

I'm fine with the D, though moving Orpik for an upgrade would be great. That's likely a summer FA thing though.

I'm torn on Kesler. He's not really our biggest issue.

I like him, but his injuries worry me.

Sutter has been disappointing offensively, but his wingers have been me and Biatch most of the season. These are the same people Kesler would play with.

Biggest issue is on the wing. Get Gibbons out of the top 6 and find a proper 3rd line. Sutter is a good start there.

I'm fine with the D, though moving Orpik for an upgrade would be great. That's likely a summer FA thing though.

Read something about Kesler being used on wing at first. No idea if that would work, Pitts supposed big interest in Kesler surprises me, unless its a Bylsma/US thing.

Personally, I think the Pens are primed to pick up a winger or two, and just have to figure out best fit based on price. With guys like Vanek, Moulson, Stewart, Hemsky being dangled, its up to them to decide who they want and how many.

Read something about Kesler being used on wing at first. No idea if that would work, Pitts supposed big interest in Kesler surprises me, unless its a Bylsma/US thing.

Personally, I think the Pens are primed to pick up a winger or two, and just have to figure out best fit based on price. With guys like Vanek, Moulson, Stewart, Hemsky being dangled, its up to them to decide who they want and how many.

The Pittsburgh system seems to be fairly thin, no? It doesn't seem like they have a lot of assets to move for quality forwards.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/pittsburgh_penguins/

I hope Dubnyk lands somewhere before the deadline..

Problem with being a goalie that needs a shot is that, there isnt a lot of openings available..If you are a 3rd or 4th line winger, dozens of teams can give you a shot..

I hope Dubnyk lands somewhere before the deadline..

Problem with being a goalie that needs a shot is that, there isnt a lot of openings available..If you are a 3rd or 4th line winger, dozens of teams can give you a shot..

Love to see him in Toronto

Pens have nothing in the system when it comes to forwards. They have NHL caliber dmen playing in the AHL and AHL caliber fwds playing in the NHL. Get to work Shero.

Pens have nothing in the system when it comes to forwards. They have NHL caliber dmen playing in the AHL and AHL caliber fwds playing in the NHL. Get to work Shero.

I think the Pens are fine...Who can match Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Kunitz on the top end..

Its the downfall of the cap system..YOu cant have two of the top 5 players in the NHL and then be also deep at the position...

Buffalo might grab Dubnyk.

are we assuming they trade Halak?

I dont think Halak makes sense in a rebuild, and I doubt he wants to sign long term in Buffalo..

Love to see him in Toronto

I think his brother might be a little happy if that happened..I think its a formality that Reimer isnt gonna hang around, but not till the off season....

I think the Pens are fine...Who can match Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Kunitz on the top end..

Its the downfall of the cap system..YOu cant have two of the top 5 players in the NHL and then be also deep at the position...

They've been deeper in the past and people here are now realizing how valuable guys like Matt Cooke and Tyler Kennedy were.

Like 5 western teams and possibly Boston.