World Chess Champion Checkmates Bill Gates In 9 Moves.

thanx. Hard to believe he castled in that situation.

Moral of the story is you don't get cute with a world champion.

Moral of the story is you don't get cute with a world champion.

When you have zero chance of winning, that's exactly the time to get cute and try stuff out.

• Like 1

and since when is castling considered "getting cute"?

Castling is a pretty advanced move. I didn't even know you were allowed to do that until I read the instruction that came with my chess set. And when your time is worth 400K/hour, you shouldn't be getting cute by reading $100K worth of instructions.

and since when is castling considered "getting cute"?

When you move your king closer to the board strength of your opponent.

You'd think an award winning screen writer would understand chess strategy a little better.

Let's just hope there isn't scene in Vegas Knights where "Kards" Kardinski criticizes Big Tex's OOP C-bet on AK5-T with A9 as "cute."

• Like 1

You'd think an award winning screen writer would understand chess strategy a little better.

Well, I have beaten the computer chess program "Chess Titans" 5 times when turned up to the highest level of difficulty, so I have a feeling I would have lasted longer than 9 moves against Carlsen.

That's not "getting cute" that's making a basic mistake.

I know it was a big mistake, but at the time he probably thought he was making a slick move.

Well, I have beaten the computer chess program "Chess Titans" 5 times when turned up to the highest level of difficulty, so I have a feeling I would have lasted longer than 9 moves against Carlsen.

perhaps you should write an award winning screenplay about competitive chess.

When Bill Gates plays poker, he playes like $3.00/$6.00 LHE. When he asked Doyle for an autograph, Doyle said he'd give him one if he sat in the big game, to which Gates responsed -- and I'm paraphrasing here -- by taking out his dick and telling him to suck it soft and slow.

He knows he can't beat an old man at a game that's half luck, but I'm sure he walks around thinking his marginally unconventional openings are too much to be handle by arguably the best chess player in the world. This reminds me of that time Drake threw out the first pitch at a Jays game, and that little faggot thought he'd make the team.

• Like 1

perhaps you should write an award winning screenplay about competitive chess.

How about the title "Vegas Knights and Bishops".
  • Like 3