They should get Ben Affleck to reprise his role as Daredevil, and join a drunken, broken down Pitt in taking down Kingpin for molesting his own niece.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nailed it

ah the "feminine mystique" defense. classic SA.

i don't care how inattentive your father is, an 8 year old girl doesn't arrange her dolls in a gang bang unless she's seen that somewhere. quit lying bro.

i think they are playing with fire having a different director for each episode. i hope season 2 doesn't turn into just another crime series.

Meh, directors don't mean as much on TV shows, it's the Show runner that has the creative vision. Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, they all had different directors.

• Like 2

an interesting thing that I read about True Detective. It's the same Director for all the episodes so that gives him a lot more freedom since he doesn't have to worry about fitting in with what other Directors have done before or will be doing in the future. Somebody directing an episode of Breaking Bad or Sopranos couldn't put "their" stamp on things since they have to fit with the rest of the series.

To me True Detective is more like an 8 hour movie and not an episodic TV show.

i tended to agree with bob's take.

• 1 month later...

love it

Regarding the gender question: did the criticism you received about “underwriting” women characters affect your approach to Season 2?

I think it affected me a little bit in my conception of Season 2, but then not at all. I realized I was listening to things I didn’t agree with and taking cues from the wrong places. I just put it out of my mind.

What do you mean by “taking cues from the wrong places?”

I mean that writing towards what I consider an insubstantial criticism isn’t a good way to create.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I loved this show from episode one, but that long tracking shot is what knocked it into the stratosphere for me. Never seen anything close to that on TV before.

That shot was absolutely epic. The only show I've seen that's done anything even close to that is The West Wing, which I don't think you've watched and I don't know if you'd like. Anyway, they never did one as amazing as the one on True Detective, but they used lengthy complicated shots multiple times per episode, and it really added to the busy and exciting atmosphere of the show.

There's one I remember where the camera eventually ends up on a crane which was pretty stunning but I can't seem to find it on youtube, but these are some good examples.

• 8 months later...

That was part of the forum upgrade.

Along with no more animated gifs for avatars, reducing the post per page to 20, and removing video embedding, this upgrade was the BEST EVER!