What Was The Best Concert You Ever Seen (And The Worst)?

Actually the best I've ever seen was on DVD - "Nirvana Live at Reading". The amount of energy that came from those 3 musicians on that night was incredible.

Other great concerts I've seen was The Allman Brothers, Rolling Stones, and Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.

The concert I didn't like was "The Grateful Dead". Although to be fair I was never really that much into them in the first place.

Actually the best I've ever seen was on DVD - "Nirvana Live at Reading". The amount of energy that came from those 3 musicians on that night was incredible.

Other great concerts I've seen was The Allman Brothers, Rolling Stones, and Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.

The concert I didn't like was "The Grateful Dead". Although to be fair I was never really that much into them in the first place.

really? start a thread to pick your best concert and you pick a concert you didn't even fucking attend? is there anything about you that is authentic?

• Like 4

when they show and watch me do someone's taxes i'll show up and watch them scratch away on their guitars.

they don't call him a party animal for nothing folks

Best: I was at a Drake show this summer, and he asked me to come up on stage with him randomly. I beat him in a rap battle, and he high-fived me.

Worst: Damageplane, December 8th, 2004.

• Like 2

When I saw Santana it was right when his Supernatural album came out, but he had some other people singing the songs instead of Rob Thomas and whoever else was on the album.

I was leaning on the stage the whole time, so that was pretty cool. There was this 50 year old women though who was incredibly drunk, and she kept trying to talk to me in between songs. I swear if I knew how to sex like I do now I woulda banged the Depends off that old broad.

• Like 2

Damn, son, that's legit.

My buddy and I were a little nervous heading into the show with the possible crowd, and then it turns out half the crowd was the same awkward white audience that we were. Lone disappointment was not playing Trill, on our assumption they didn't want the half-white crowd yelling the chorus of "Nigga I'm trill, nigga I'm so trill."

• Like 2

best was probably day on the hill in 92 with pearl jam. one of those magic timing things where they got booked and in the interceding months until the concert date they blew up huge. a show that normally had 3 or 4 thousand attend had an estimated 16,000 that day. it was awesome.

I saw Redman in an indoor skate park in like 97. It was amazing, about 500 people, he was on top of a half pipe, we were standing in the middle about 10 feet away. He was crowd surfing all the time. It was 90% black and the warm up acts were terrible. So they pulled them off and got the crowd back into it with DJing goo d music. My favorite part was when everyone was rapping along with Protect Ya Neck and the guys around me were surprised/impressed that I knew every word.

Worst I ever went to was a summer jam concert in the summer of 92. The headliner was Paperboy and I saw Silk croon to the disgusting fat ladies.

Wow so many to choose from but I would have to say Bruce Springsteen summer of 85, the Born in the USA tour.

Worst would have too be Journey in 82 or the Grateful Dead in 77.

• Like 1

Worst: Pat Benatar around 1980

Best: Tough to say. I'll go with Van Halen 1979. Maybe Queen around the same year.

van halen at that time would've been the tits.

• 5 years later...

Actually the best I've ever seen was on DVD - "Nirvana Live at Reading". The amount of energy that came from those 3 musicians on that night was incredible...

If anyone wants to watch it, here it is. The first part of it is kind of funny. Kurt had been ill and in the hospital weeks before, and some in the media were wondering if he was OK....

One website listed the concert as one of the 10 greatest live concerts in rock history.

• Like 1

really? start a thread to pick your best concert and you pick a concert you didn't even fucking attend? is there anything about you that is authentic?

Read the OP not realizing I had read it before and had the exact same thought. consistency.

• Like 1

Yeah, I probably would have enjoyed it more if I had spent $35 for a ticket, had to stand the whole Nirvana concert as opposed to laying on my couch, and had wasted people yelling in my ear for 90 minutes. That would have been much more authentic. And walking a quarter mile through a crowd to get a drink or to go to the restroom would have been good exercise.

Yeah, I probably would have enjoyed it more if I had spent $35 for a ticket, had to stand the whole Nirvana concert as opposed to laying on my couch, and had wasted people yelling in my ear for 90 minutes. That would have been much more authentic. And walking a quarter mile through a crowd to get a drink or to go to the restroom would have been good exercise.

I now 100% believe that this account is BigD.

• Like 1